Hooy's paint log - Hooyvision
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Hooy's paint log - Hooyvision

Default Hooy's paint log - Hooyvision

Hi.
    I've painted Ultramarines Dreadnought TT/TT+ for ebay. This dread was in poor condition so I could only paint him weathered. No oils and pigments were used on it only acrylics
    Enjoy!

Nobody wants to comment

Today's work. Deadline is 19.12.2013. I want to finish this before Christmas holidays

On afternoon I finished bottles, boots etc. and glued together last part of mini. The stick is not original, I bought this elf on auction for low price because it wasn't in good condition. I didn't want to resculpt anything - don't have time
    What do you think about it?
    Sorry for photos, I've taken them with my phone's camera

Whatis the prob with this mini? I think its good. The colour theme is nice, finish it.

I love the dread! I couldn't view it until I got onto my home computer though. Some pictures won't load at work. That is annoying. Don't they know I'm trying to view minis?! Nice use of a beat up second hand mini!!!
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

I wanted to see a close up of the rust on the dread, saw your youtube clip and thought it looked pretty good, now I think its better than pretty good. well done.

The robes are looking Fab too, push the gown blue a tone down or the scarf up so the scarf will stand out a bit more,it will give it more depth. Looking very dramatic
    I will keep an eye out for your next post.

Merry Christmas

Finished Elf
    Unfortunately I was in hurry because I had to finish this yesterday before I go on holidays

Lovely work on that elf. The jewels and armor look great without being overdone. I'm looking forward to seeing your next project!

Nice! Maybe some runes in the cloth.. But very clean painting

very nice gold and gems on that elf. The dread is good too. Ive always found that method of weathering where you paint a thin line under weathered bits to give the illusion of chipped paint to be buggersome difficult. You've pulled it of very nicely, though. Well done that painter!
    "Facts are the impregnable bulwark that stands between us and the insidious evil of bullsh*t." - Pikey, over on Nagoyahammer

Thanks for comments!

WiP of Vanguard veteran with claws. Enjoy!

Oh hell, look at the NMM!!! Stunning.

Smoooooooth!
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

I was wondering if you can share your secrets on doing those gems so well? I've tried doing them a few times on a few minis, but they never came out like yours. The NMM gold on your latest mini is very sharp as well.

epic work sharp paint job.

Thanks for comments!
    Quote Originally Posted by Khonner View Post
    I was wondering if you can share your secrets on doing those gems so well? I've tried doing them a few times on a few minis, but they never came out like yours.
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/article...ting-gemstones this may help you but main tip is: practice

My first scenic base(needs earth). I'm lacking of bits and items that could be placed on base - I hate winter and studying far from home

I've started painting the base. This earth looks crappy, so it will be replaced with real earth with pigment. I will add grass, moss etc. I'm curious what do you think about rocks? Bricks aren't done yet. I think bricks will contrast pretty nice with my vanguard's blue armor.

Its good. Different textures are needed for the dirt. pigments will make it killer

Quote Originally Posted by Khonner View Post
    I was wondering if you can share your secrets on doing those gems so well? I've tried doing them a few times on a few minis, but they never came out like yours. The NMM gold on your latest mini is very sharp as well.
    Yeah, those gems are perfect. And base looks pretty cool after you painted it.

Really nice work in here, both minatures and base. will gladly follow any updates made here.
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.