NEW 40k edition - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEW 40k edition

Err, hardback is how they used to be made. Ahh, Rogue Trader, Slaves to Darkness, Lost and the Damned........:)

if I would want the rulebook I\'d definately buy the entire starter set for £10 more, there are some really nice terrain pieces in it, plus some marines (I don\'t care for them tyranids though)

Default I love my new rulebook

Clear, concise explanations of the rules, loads of great art, and a lot of color pages. The hardback is just another plus to me.

Some people have complained about low mini-painting quality, but I really only see that in the small section about getting an army done quickly and simply. I don\'t think it\'s lowering the standard of painting, just giving those who aren\'t very into that side of the hobby a chance.

Apparently assault cannon are assault 4 rending in the new marine codex....

Oh yes, finally assault cannon are back to the death dealing monstrocities they were when they first came out

I spent a good hour looking at the rule book. It still isn\'t worth 50$ most of the good minis in the book are not even GWs alot of the tables shown in the book are also not that outstanding.

What I did like and hate are the new kill team rules included. I\'d pay 40$ for it but not a penny more.

Default creative license

Stop yer whining, IT is a really nice.... Fluffy book. And the Adrian Smith painting of Horus and the Future Corpse is absolutely awesome. All in all, it was bound to happen. They have 50 US stores and they have to pay at least 50 people a day to stand in there and ask if you need help. Spacemunkie, I know of RT, and LATD, and STD, but I missed the hardback Ahh. BTW, I sold my mint LATD and STD mint for $235 US on Ebay. Woohoo.
    Anyway, they still have the best mini game out there and unless you want to learn Poke-Yu-Git- Oh, or whatever, stop crying. We all have too many unpainted minis so paint, don\'t cry.

Is it just me or do most of my posts sound preachy or offensive to someone?

[i]
    Anyway, they still have the best mini game out there and unless you want to learn Poke-Yu-Git- Oh, or whatever, stop crying.
    You obviously have\'nt played Confrontation by Rackham then? Or you would not make such a bold and false statement. Also the minis are about another 10 levels higher.

I think the book might be slightly overpriced, but then look at what any of the hardcover role playing books cost and you\'ll see that it is on a par with those.

I think that the standard of painting in the book isn\'t wonderful, but then I feel that we are spoiled by the great quality of the work on CMON. However, for a player starting out, the painting level is at least attainable.

Comparing it to the codices and the 3rd edition rulebook, the painting is horrendous. There is no highlighting, the paint is far too thick, and you can even see brush strokes on the models. I think the staff was either drunk or let their kids paint the models. Or maybe just painted them all within a week of the photo shoot for the book. Or maybe a bunch of drunk children painted them within a week. Seeing the paint jobs, probably the last one.

I\'ll probably just end up downloading it from LimeWire...

Originally posted by atacam

Anyway, they still have the best mini game out there and unless you want to learn Poke-Yu-Git- Oh, or whatever, stop crying.

You obviously have\'nt played Confrontation by Rackham then? Or you would not make such a bold and false statement. Also the minis are about another 10 levels higher.
    I\'ve played some Confrontation, really didn\'t like it. As for the models, sure I like the confrontation stuff, but GW still ranks much higher for me. :rolleyes: