Royal Mail

Thread: Royal Mail

Default Royal Mail

Mostly for the Brits, you's heard about the Royal Mail getting daft? They're no longer letting packages go with more than 4 paints in.

There's a facebook page with updates on the back and forth of mails trying to figure it out, and a petition .

Such a peculiar and small issue, feels very English to me that folk that have never got up in arms about the various corporate/government greed topics could be roused by the Postie getting arsey over a box of paints.

Would just be a pain for punters, but stores that sell paints online could be impacted as once they're noticed they'd be under greater scrutiny and have to deal with the paintless punters.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmypops View Post
    Mostly for the Brits, you's heard about the Royal Mail getting daft? They're no longer letting packages go with more than 4 paints in.

There's a facebook page with updates on the back and forth of mails trying to figure it out, and a petition .

Such a peculiar and small issue, feels very English to me that folk that have never got up in arms about the various corporate/government greed topics could be roused by the Postie getting arsey over a box of paints.

Would just be a pain for punters, but stores that sell paints online could be impacted as once they're noticed they'd be under greater scrutiny and have to deal with the paintless punters.
    Well this is not hard to work out is it, Royal Mail gets privatised, Royal has to keep its share holders happy, Royal Mail has to show its share holders it is doing good business, Royal Mail has to make more money to keep its share holders happy.

Answer, less items allowed in a package more packages seen to be sent, more packages sent more money made = Happy shareholders.

1. How do they know without opening the package what is inside ?
    2. Can it still be called The ROYAL MAIL now it is in private hands ?

Just my thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    Well this is not hard to work out is it, Royal Mail gets privatised, Royal has to keep its share holders happy, Royal Mail has to show its share holders it is doing good business, Royal Mail has to make more money to keep its share holders happy.

Answer, less items allowed in a package more packages seen to be sent, more packages sent more money made = Happy shareholders.

1. How do they know without opening the package what is inside ?
    2. Can it still be called The ROYAL MAIL now it is in private hands ?

Just my thoughts
    I started a post on this a while back. Sadly they seem to be a bunch of muppets and not listening to reason on this. The reasoning being cited is that if parcels containing paint break then it causes lots of damage to machines and other post. However it's not consistent in that you can send 2 x 1 litre glass bottles of alcohol...

In answer to your questions:
    1 - x ray
    2 - Because the monarchy created it originally - the royals haven't had a hand in it for years though