Variant infantry sculpt info
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Variant infantry sculpt info

Default Variant infantry sculpt info

I was wondering if there has been any more info on the variant infantry sculpts from some of the first stretch goals? It says that each infantry unit will have 3 more sculpts. But it only shows one infantry type for each faction, ashmen/children for examples. Has it been confirmed that both infantry types for each faction will get 3 additional sculpts? Or just the 1 infantry type each?

Quote Originally Posted by joshuar56 View Post
    I was wondering if there has been any more info on the variant infantry sculpts from some of the first stretch goals? It says that each infantry unit will have 3 more sculpts. But it only shows one infantry type for each faction, ashmen/children for examples. Has it been confirmed that both infantry types for each faction will get 3 additional sculpts? Or just the 1 infantry type each?
    As listed in the stretchgoal it is only the infantry shown in that goal, not both.

Quote Originally Posted by CMON Mr. Black View Post
    As listed in the stretchgoal it is only the infantry shown in that goal, not both.
    It's a little ambigous. It states that each faction starter will be upgraded. Yet only shows infantry for 4 of the factions.

The 100k SG has all infantry of the five factions, but the 125k and 150k are missing the goritsi infantry. I think they made the picture smaller, so the goritsi version got cutted. You can see a weapon on the left side of the 150k goal.

I always thought all 3 infantries get 6 different sculpts, instead of 3...

That's pretty disappointing that it's just 1 infantry type. It's really odd to me that Goritsi will have 5 Skorza sculpts and only 2 blood dancer sculpts.

From the Kickstarter page - the 100k, 125k and 150k stretch goals - this is listed on the main page under the 150K banner right above the dice bag banner;

With your support it looks like the Faction Starters will have a lot of different figures in them. Opening new tools isn't cheap, so we were concerned about having too many sculpts of any one troop type. Now each Faction Starter will have 6 sculpts instead of 3 for the regular infantry!
    Throne of Angels

Are you WATCHING?

AKA - AngelicOne

Quote Originally Posted by CMON Derek View Post
    From the Kickstarter page - the 100k, 125k and 150k stretch goals - this is listed on the main page under the 150K banner right above the dice bag banner;
    Right, I think most would assume, both infantry types would have 6 sculpts. Ashemn and Pelagarth for example. Not just 1 of the 2. Mr. Black's post seems to contradict this.

This is the breakdown of additional sculpts:

100K- Deepmen Spearmen, The Wrath, Union Worker, Skorza Skirmisher, Ashmen Swordsman variant sculpt +1
    125K- Deepmen Spearmen, The Wrath, Union Worker, Skorza Skirmisher, Ashmen Swordsman variant sculpt +2
    150K- Deepmen Spearmen, The Wrath, Union Worker, Skorza Skirmisher, Ashmen Swordsman variant sculpt +3

225K- Rank 2 "Monsters" (Blood Engine, CAGE, Orsund Cavalier, Fuluing Devourer, Greathorn) variant parts +1

375K- Skorza Alpha, Union Boxx, Big Sister, Deepman Kaxas, Ashman Hakar variant parts +1

400K- Pelegarth Howl, Gutter Friar, Dragon Legion Deeper, Dancing Master, Defender Lineman Controller variant parts +1

100K- Deepmen Spearmen, The Wrath, Union Worker, Skorza Skirmisher, Ashmen Swordsman variant sculpt +1
    125K- Deepmen Spearmen, The Wrath, Union Worker, Skorza Skirmisher, Ashmen Swordsman variant sculpt +2
    150K- Deepmen Spearmen, The Wrath, Union Worker, Skorza Skirmisher, Ashmen Swordsman variant sculpt +3

225K- Rank 2 "Monsters" (Blood Engine, CAGE, Orsund Cavalier, Fuluing Devourer, Greathorn) variant parts +1

375K- Skorza Alpha, Union Boxx, Big Sister, Deepman Kaxas, Ashman Hakar variant parts +1

400K- Pelegarth Howl, Gutter Friar, Dragon Legion Deeper, Dancing Master, Defender Lineman Controller variant parts +1
    That's pretty disappointing. 5 Skorza Sculpts and only 2 Blood Dancer sculpts doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Same goes for The Wrath vs Legionaries, although I think they at least have 3 sculpts.

According to the kickstarter page, (see starter boxes) Skorza will get 3x sculpt (now 6) and Blood dancers will get 3x sculpt. All infantry (I believe) will get 3 sculpts, except those that mr.Black named, will get 6 sculpts each.

Quote Originally Posted by PraetorDragoon View Post
    According to the kickstarter page, (see starter boxes) Skorza will get 3x sculpt (now 6) and Blood dancers will get 3x sculpt. All infantry (I believe) will get 3 sculpts, except those that mr.Black named, will get 6 sculpts each.
    That sounds good - I think?

If I understand it all correctly, and it is right, of course!
    Nil nos tremefacit.

Quote Originally Posted by PraetorDragoon View Post
    I wonder why they have only shown 2 blood dancer sculpts then. The linemen preview recently only showed 2 sculpts as well. Are you counting the unit leaders?

Quote Originally Posted by joshuar56 View Post
    I wonder why they have only shown 2 blood dancer sculpts then. The linemen preview recently only showed 2 sculpts as well. Are you counting the unit leaders?
    There are three sculpts for each. The last ones were just being finished.

what happened to :
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickstarter
    With your support it looks like the Faction Starters will have a lot of different figures in them. Opening new tools isn't cheap, so we were concerned about having too many sculpts of any one troop type. Now each Faction Starter will have 6 sculpts instead of 3 for the regular infantry!
    "Regular" infantry being according to the ks all level 1 infantry with all level 2 infantry being "Elite" see:

Quote Originally Posted by Kickstarter
    For Goritsi and Shael-Haen, get 3 additional elite infantry per Faction Starter.

For Nasier, Hadross and Teknes, get 6 additional regular infantry per Faction Starter.
    Also are there 4 Pelegarth sculpts as there were 4 different resin "masters" for sale via Cmon earlier?

I would be pretty disappointed if you went back on the 6 sculpts for the regular infantry that you promised in the KS ... and whilst i may not be qualified to comment on this i'm not sure Cmon needs any more bad PR esp after Zombiecide 2, Sedition Wars and Relic Knights.... just saying....

Quote Originally Posted by Paintbrushturkey View Post
    what happened to :

"Regular" infantry being according to the ks all level 1 infantry with all level 2 infantry being "Elite" see:

Also are there 4 Pelegarth sculpts as there were 4 different resin "masters" for sale via Cmon earlier?

I would be pretty disappointed if you went back on the 6 sculpts for the regular infantry that you promised in the KS ... and whilst i may not be qualified to comment on this i'm not sure Cmon needs any more bad PR esp after Zombiecide 2, Sedition Wars and Relic Knights.... just saying....

Your Kickstarter quote is from the main page, http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...wrath-of-kings, directly under the correlating stretch goals ($100K-$150K), which also specifically show the infantry you are getting additional sculpts of.

Last edited by CMON Michael Shinall; 01-06-2014 at 10:39 AM.

Your Kickstarter quote is from the main page, http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...wrath-of-kings, directly under the correlating stretch goals ($100K-$150K), which also specifically show the infantry you are getting additional sculpts of.

Except it doesn't specifically show the infantry that are getting additional sculpts... It shows SOME of the ones that are.
    Last edited by joshuar56; 01-06-2014 at 12:21 PM.

I am sorry here, now I am getting more confused by reading this thread. Could we just get a straight up number?

How many sculpts are there for Each of the Rank 1 Infantry? These being defined as
    Union Workers
    Defender Linemen
    Deepmen Spearmen
    Ashmen Swordsman
    Pelegarth Bloodmask
    War Dancers
    Dragon Legionnaire

And How many Sculpts will there be for the Elite
    Skorza
    Wrath
    Sevridan Gutters

Just a number, be it 1, 3, 6 or some other number. To be honest I thought that each infantry box, be it regular or elite, was 3 different sculpts.

And since we are asking, could we get a sculpt count on the third box of infantry?
    Brood Warriors
    Fel Hammers
    Iron Lotus
    Ravenscar Mercs
    Deepmen Frenzies

Quote Originally Posted by Swan View Post
    I am sorry here, now I am getting more confused by reading this thread. Could we just get a straight up number?

How many sculpts are there for Each of the Rank 1 Infantry? These being defined as
    Union Workers (6)
    Defender Linemen (3)
    Deepmen Spearmen (6)
    Ashmen Swordsman (6)
    Pelegarth Bloodmask (3)
    War Dancers (3)
    Dragon Legionnaire (3)

And How many Sculpts will there be for the Elite
    Skorza (6)
    Wrath (6)
    Sevridan Gutters (3)

Just a number, be it 1, 3, 6 or some other number. To be honest I thought that each infantry box, be it regular or elite, was 3 different sculpts.

And since we are asking, could we get a sculpt count on the third box of infantry? (I have not personally seen these, just going off of production reports, so this is subject to change)
    Brood Warriors (3)
    Fel Hammers (3)
    Iron Lotus (3)
    Ravenscar Mercs (3)
    Deepmen Frenzies (3)

Edited your quote to just show the numbers next to them.

Looking back at the pictures from the update, I'm more worried that the sculpts are just weapons swaps, and not actual sculpts. The Wrath for instance look like they have had swords swapped in for their pole arm. Which makes no sense, since their attack specifically references their weapon. I'd rather have less sculpts with the correct weapon, than a half hearted weapon swap that is called a new sculpt. Same goes for the "alternate" leader sculpts. I hope those are included in addition to the regular sculpts, because there are very few of those I actually would want to use.