Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PDF Artbook at 300dpi?

Default PDF Artbook at 300dpi?

Hey there, I've already asked in the Kickstarter comments but got no reply. I was wondering if it was possible to get the digital artbook at full resolution and not just 72dpi? If this was just a measure to prevent people from just printing their own artbooks keep in mind that you couldn't get this printed for the $25 the hardcover version costs. So why not just release the PDF at print resolution as well?

Specifically I'm interested in high-res versions of the box artworks (both the core game and the expansions).

Seriously? Not meaning to be harsh, but the only reason for asking for a print-quality pdf would be to print it out which sort of cheapens the fact that some people paid $25 for a hard-copy. A 300 dpi pdf would also be huge in comparison to a 72dpi version.

I'm also sure if you were after print-quality artwork of the production boxes and had a specific reason then CMoN or Ted could arrange it - not sure why anybody would need that though personally.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneBrush View Post
    Seriously? Not meaning to be harsh, but the only reason for asking for a print-quality pdf would be to print it out which sort of cheapens the fact that some people paid $25 for a hard-copy.
    Yes, seriously And as I said, it would be pretty pointless to be using that to print out a full book, because that would easily cost 50 - 100+ bucks, so the hardcover version would have been the better choice for that. But: I'm an art nut... I love concept art and the bigger I'm allowed to see it, the better. I love seeing every pencil line and brush stroke. And that's pretty much what I expected from a "Digital Artbook".
    A 300 dpi pdf would also be huge in comparison to a 72dpi version.
    Sure, but why would that be a problem in the times of broadband internet? The web version of the artbook downloads in 30 seconds... and if the full-res version downloads in 5 minutes it's no big deal either.
    not sure why anybody would need that though personally.
    Also not meaning to be harsh, but you shouldn't project your own expectations onto others. If you don't care for details that's fine, but don't expect others to not care either. And I can think of more applications for high-res artwork than just enjoying it for what it is. For example I'm not yet sure how I'll store my Rivet Wars collection once it's all here, and I love putting everything in nice looking tin cases, so printing full color labels would be mandatory for those. I already did this for my Zombies!!! and Memoir '44 stuff.

We are working on that as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserschwert View Post
    So, any news on this?
    Excellent question...

It should be good to go. Just needs to be uploaded I believe.

We tried to host it on our site, but for some reason, the files were not cooperating. Tomorrow we should find a solution.

Thank you for your patience.

If Kickstarter taught me one thing, it's patience

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Terranova View Post
    It should be good to go. Just needs to be uploaded I believe.
    awesome, thanks Ted!

Well, we are snowed in... Might have to be tomorrow before we can get a solution on the art book.

Quote Originally Posted by borg View Post
    Well, we are snowed in... Might have to be tomorrow before we can get a solution on the art book.
    We've got 24 inches here. It seems to be finally stopping....
    The Pirate Deck - Now on Kickstarter
    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardga...he-pirate-deck

If you have 24" of snow I hope you with us folk in the great white north! Up here you get a snowbrush on your first birthday!

Quote Originally Posted by binarysunrise View Post
    We've got 24 inches here. It seems to be finally stopping....
    Sky

nope. we're in virginia. But I don't complain when it causes the work week to end on noon on Wednesday.
    The Pirate Deck - Now on Kickstarter
    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardga...he-pirate-deck

If you're in Virginia, I expect to see you down here for CMON Expo!
    Throne of Angels

Are you WATCHING?

AKA - AngelicOne

Quote Originally Posted by Laserschwert View Post
    I love putting everything in nice looking tin cases, so printing full color labels would be mandatory for those. I already did this for my Zombies!!! and Memoir '44 stuff.

These are really sweet!
    Throne of Angels

Are you WATCHING?

AKA - AngelicOne

Quote Originally Posted by borg View Post
    How is the snow situation over there? In the UK our news hasn't had an update for quite a while because of the insane amount of flooding over the country.

Yay, the full-size artbook can now be downloaded from the latest KS update. And it looks sweeet!

Thanks guys!