Warped tiles... - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 81

Thread: Warped tiles...

  1. #61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laserschwert View Post
    That's ridiculous. A board game should be playable our of the box without investing in stuff like plexiglass. Even less so when it's a production problem.
    I am not saying that you should have to deal with warped boards. But when you do have to deal with problems, there are solutions. I have few board games and have only had to deal with warped tiles or boards with two games (Betrayal at House on the Hill 2nd ed and Sedition Wars). If your boards are warped you can complain about it or come up with solutions to enjoy the game. I'm just offering solutions. If you would rather just complain, it is up to you.

  2. #62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by biomage View Post
    I am not saying that you should have to deal with warped boards. But when you do have to deal with problems, there are solutions. I have few board games and have only had to deal with warped tiles or boards with two games (Betrayal at House on the Hill 2nd ed and Sedition Wars). If your boards are warped you can complain about it or come up with solutions to enjoy the game. I'm just offering solutions. If you would rather just complain, it is up to you.
    Or you could... I dunno... write the company who produced said defective product and ask for a replacement...

  3. #63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Forceman4077 View Post
    Had mine under heavy weights, at least 50+ lbs, for a week straight and they started to warp within minutes :/
    Were they warped already before you put them underweight? If yes, putting them under heavy weight may not help. You have to do it immediately after you opened up the package.

  4. #64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildger View Post
    Were they warped already before you put them underweight? If yes, putting them under heavy weight may not help. You have to do it immediately after you opened up the package.
    No, they were under the weights within 5-10 min of unwraping. I will say though after going to a friends house to play only a few boards warped and not a whole lot they did warp. So now they are back under the weights.

  5. #65

    Default

    You don't have to put them under weight straight away. We used our Dust Tactics for a couple of hours during which they warped, weighed them down and they are perfectly fine still 3 years later.

  6. #66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joshuar56 View Post
    Or you could... I dunno... write the company who produced said defective product and ask for a replacement...
    It couldn't hurt. But from my experience with Sedition Wars, it probably won't happen.

  7. #67

    Default

    What is the current ongoing experience with the warping issues?

    Better? Worse?

    I just got my set a couple of days ago and had my tile set out on the kitchen table for a hour odd, and got some signs of warping. (Melbourne Australia 25-35 degrees Celsius)

    I have had them under a pile of heavy books since.

  8. #68

  9. #69

    Default

    Definitely warping of the boards in Sweden. And here the weather is very normal for the season, so I think it is wrong to blame any extreme weather for the situation.
    But it is dry inside houses here at this time of year. I expect the warping to be because of this, as it was definitely related to air-contact, and not temperature.
    I have not seen it this bad at any other boardgames I have bought either, as the boards were more or less warping before my eyes. So it seems to be something related to the production, either it was done in another season than before, and the boards sealed in another humidity. Or there is some change in the production line, in how the boards are glued/printed/dried/stored/sealed.

  10. #70

    Default

    mine have been fine, no warping, completely flat no problems at all. UK again though.

  11. #71
    Member DnE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Posts
    79
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    No warping in South Africa as well, but we are in summer and dry so wouldnt have expected it.

  12. #72

    Default

    Uk is in winter cold and wet though, DnE. I guess that it's really down to the humidity in the house :?

  13. #73

    Default

    Opened mine today, and within 15 mins it was warped. Still playable, but disappointing. Seems to be every game i get that has tiles tends to warp to some degree. This one has been the worst so far so they are under weight right now. Was very happy with the overall product, but this has me worried. Hopefully it turns out fine. NSW Australia

  14. #74

    Default

    I have not dared to look at my tiles yet.
    I placed my tiles under my entire collection of WH40k books, and they have been there for a week now....

  15. #75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a94marbo View Post
    I have not dared to look at my tiles yet.
    I placed my tiles under my entire collection of WH40k books, and they have been there for a week now....
    Did similar with mine, still getting some minor warping. I think in the end, it is a matter of leaving them out separate on a table keep turning them over every so often (few hours) and they might finally acclimatise.

  16. #76
    Member DnE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Posts
    79
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Now that we have had a few weeks of settlement how is the folks warping of their tiles?

  17. #77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DnE View Post
    Now that we have had a few weeks of settlement how is the folks warping of their tiles?
    Mine are still under heavy pressure from the 40k collection. Since I have disassembled all models to pieces, its not really a problem yet. Haven’t played it yet : ) Still painting.

  18. #78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DnE View Post
    Now that we have had a few weeks of settlement how is the folks warping of their tiles?
    I played with mine last night, warping was at a minimum but was still slightly present. Once my gripmat shows up, it should solve any problems i have

  19. #79

    Default

    Reporting back, after 3 weeks of painting, I left my tiles under preassure. Played last night for the this time... no warping. Time and preassure seems to do the trick.

  20. #80

    Default

    Finally got round to having a game yesterday* and the tiles have warped a little bit. Nothing huge, but enough for them to not sit flat on the dining table. Have left them set up (my other half did actually enjoy the game despite thinking she wouldn't), but when I pack away I'll likely put them under something heavy.

    *yes I know it's taken forever to get round to it. I have got all of my riflemen tidied and undercoated though

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Privacy Policy  |   Terms and Conditions  |   Contact Us  |   The Legion


Copyright © 2001-2018 CMON Inc.

-->