Warped tiles...
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Warped tiles...

Default Warped tiles...

I just got board set up, and the tiles are warped bad. Probably as bad if not worse than the Sedition War tiles. Now I know why Dave Doust didn't actually unwrap the tiles in the unbloxing video. This is probably my last straw with CMoN and Dave the liar. I'll probably be asking for a refund for my Wrath of Kings pledge. Has anyone else opened theirs up and noticed this yet?
    Last edited by joshuar56; 01-04-2014 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chibi-vampire View Post
    Mine are perfectly flat...
    Im curious, is it cold in your area?

Yeah, I was a bit shocked at the "look no warp" statement when the boards were still shrinkwrapped, certainly misleading. My Dust Tactics boards did the same thing, first time I used them you could physically see them warp during play until they were useless and just started spinning around with the slightest knock. But after time and heavy books placed on them they flattened out and aclimatised to the conditions, have no problems now unless I take them elsewhere to play and its super hot and dry in the room. Once the moisture has evaporated from them they should be ok.

I had some warping but the package set outside in below 40 weather with high humidity. No warping last night, but this morning there is some slight warping 1-2cm. Big difference is its 68 and very low humidity. I turned the boards over and already some of the warping is going out. No doubt extreme weather has an impact.

Quote Originally Posted by joshuar56 View Post
    I'll probably be asking for a refund for my Wrath of Kings pledge.
    Dude, your pledge for WoK was one dollar: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...omment-5482364

Quote Originally Posted by Lemminkäinen View Post
    Dude, your pledge for WoK was one dollar: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...omment-5482364
    Dude you're right... You definitely can't add anything durring the PM... Oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by ajbartman View Post
    I had some warping but the package set outside in below 40 weather with high humidity. No warping last night, but this morning there is some slight warping 1-2cm. Big difference is its 68 and very low humidity. I turned the boards over and already some of the warping is going out. No doubt extreme weather has an impact.
    I have mine sitting under 30+ zombicide tiles, I hope it flattens them out.

Mine didn't appear to warp after opening. It's very cold here...

Not to derail, but while we are on tile discussion, are the tiles exactly 1' square?

Quote Originally Posted by blkdymnd View Post
    Not to derail, but while we are on tile discussion, are the tiles exactly 1' square?
    The squares are almost 1.5", maybe and 1/8" short. A zone is about a 3 3/4". There is also a 1/8" space between each zone, and a 1/16 boarder around a tile, that creates a 1/8" space when you lay it next to another tile. The tiles are just under 10" square.

Thanks very much Joshua!

Quote Originally Posted by joshuar56 View Post
    Dude you're right... You definitely can't add anything durring the PM... Oh wait...
    In the comment you said you wouldn't up your pledge if those were the final models - they were. Sorry for taking you for your word.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemminkäinen View Post
    In the comment you said you wouldn't up your pledge if those were the final models - they were. Sorry for taking you for your word.
    And I did not add any Teknes. You wanna keep going OT?

So after 24 hours+ of being under 30+ Zombicide tiles, to try and flatten out my Rivet Wars tiles, they still warped back after just a couple of minutes. I'll put them back under for a couple more days, but if that doesn't fix them, I'll have to contact CMoN for replacements.

We have nothing to hide, when we did the unboxing, it was the first time that we saw the product as well, and we wanted to share that moment with our backers. As with any other project, only one preview box was received. Sure, I did not unwrap them in the unboxing, but those tiles were subsequently used in the battle report that we posted before the air shipment landed. The idea of a preview box is for us to spot problems, not to hide problems. There is no way that I would let the factory ship defective tiles. I would rather delay delivery, get that fixed, just like we did with the punch boards, than to ship out thousands of replacement tiles, which are heavy and expensive.

We did have problems with Sedition Wars (1st printing) tiles in the past, but we have switched to using the factory that prints our Zombicide tiles, which we have had no problems with. I am confident that they are capable. I would attribute your tile warpping to extreme weather. All I can suggest at this point is to put something heavy on top of the tiles for a day or so to see if they would adjust. If not, we can either replace your tiles after this cold front, or you can choose to return the product at our expense and receive a refund.

Where I live it's really dry and cold in the winter. It's not a surprise at all for just about any game tiles or boards to warp.
    The only games that I have that the game boards have never warped are those that are manufactured in Germany.

It's a simple matter to prevent tiles from warping; immediately after opening the shrink wrap, I put my tiles under some heavy books for a minimum of 3 days.
    Sure, you can't play the game for up to a week, but at least the tiles lay flat afterwards. I did this with my Zombicide S2 tiles, and all of them lay perfectly flat now.

Just an FYI for those who live in arid and/or cold climates.

i'll have to try pressing mine out too, they were fine last night when i unboxed my game, but this morning every tile is warped, extremely so. details on the graphics on the boards look great though, extremely pleased with the core set so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubo View Post
    i'll have to try pressing mine out too, they were fine last night when i unboxed my game, but this morning every tile is warped, extremely so. details on the graphics on the boards look great though, extremely pleased with the core set so far.
    Yup, thats the moisture evaporating from the card, put them the other way and put some weight on, once dry they will be ok, even 2x4 wood does the same, so its nothing to worry about.

In another KS that's just finished, their supplier keeps them in a dehumidifying room to reduce moisture first before packing - something CMON might consider next time perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by hithero View Post
    Yup, thats the moisture evaporating from the card, put them the other way and put some weight on, once dry they will be ok, even 2x4 wood does the same, so its nothing to worry about.

In another KS that's just finished, their supplier keeps them in a dehumidifying room to reduce moisture first before packing - something CMON might consider next time perhaps?

Sorry, but this would be my first time dealing with this issue. Do you place a book (or other heavy object) on each individual tile, or can you stack all of the tiles on top of each other, and then apply weight?