What Models most deserve NMM?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Models most deserve NMM?

Default What Models most deserve NMM?

As the the title says. What miniatures would you like to see in NMM and WHY?
    Last edited by Dragonsreach; 01-06-2014 at 03:46 AM.

I'VE ADDED WEBCAM LESSONS NOW TOO!
    And a YOUTUBE channel
    Instagram and FaceBook too

Warmachine - Aurora.

except for a little skin, the whole model is based on differently tinted silver metallics. Also NMM for WM figures is relatively rare (like normal metallics for Rackham ones).
    With the correct osl this could be one helluva looking mini.

Also what's not to like about a female clockwork-warcaster

Blog Entries

Maybe some Infiniti figs? They have lots of lasers and lights plus armor, might be neat to see some there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommie Soule View Post
    What Models most deserve NMM?
    That's a difficult question to answer Tommie, because I've yet to see a 28mm figure which couldn't be painted in an NMM technique.
    Larger scale is a different matter as I've not see that many painters tackle a 54 or 75 mm figure in NMM.
    Ramping up scale for NMM involves a more subtle approach and a lot more care and attention to detail.
    I've done it and it took a lot of effort to get the light reflection/highlight 'Flare' in alignment throughout the whole bust.

But for me it's basically the figure in my hand in my hand at the time.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

I'm with DR - all of them. TMM, when done JUST right, can be even more impressive than NMM. But TMM is a harsh mistress, and very few people have tamed her that I've seen. And I'll take even middle-of-the-road NMM over straight metallic paint.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Display miniatures Although it sounds really strange, as artistically impressive as squads of mini's done in NMM look, I just think it looks out of place and prefer well done TMM. One exception to this is that I think cloth 'metallics' (banners, cloaks etc) do look right with embellishments done in NMM.

Obviously, NMM can be time consuming and so I usually reserve it for character pieces and special units.. That said, since I don't do much wargaming, I use it most of the time. But, there are also instances when I like to use it like if the mini has little bits of metal- because I don't have to make up a lot of mixes. I also think NMM works in tandem with on-light source effects, because it's hard to get an opaque tint on a metallic object without it looking weird otherwise. Though it can look incredibly cool when it's done correctly, I don't really like doing large and/or whole figs in NMM (He says, with this mini on his pics.) then again, at one time I had the idea to do a whole squad for the GD's in NMM as a joke and have a title on the base "NMM Police".. Anyways, it's all up to personal preference.

Blog Entries

I really like TMM on 40k stuff. I think when done well it adds some neat texture and kind of helps to break the "fourth wall" or the space between the viewer and the subject. I know a lot display painters are trying to do the opposite of that, to make things look perfect, but I do appreciate stuff that looks a little cartoonish, or like a toy. Eldar and Tau are probably an exception.

Newbie, please be gentle njc2601's Avatar

Default NMM Necrosphinx

Quote Originally Posted by Tommie Soule View Post
    As the the title says. What miniatures would you like to see in NMM and WHY?
    Well as soon as I saw your Amazing Blood Angel I immediately thought of the effect for the Necrosphinx, so after stripping my previous paint work with a good soaking in Fairy Power Spray I set to work, that was eighteen months ago and I have worked intermittently on it since, although knowhere near the standard of the Blood Angel I am very pleased with the effect and intend to put it in the Monster Painting Competition in GW Manchester in March, I will also hope to get descent photos to display on CMON

Teka from MDC.
    Name:  teka.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  40.8 KB
    I could totally picture her done in something like Sproket did with Chee Chee. I will likely just do different TMMs and play with powders - because I'm chicken.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    Teka from MDC.
    Name:  teka.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  40.8 KB
    Zab please tell me where you found this as I'd love to get my hands on one *looks pleadingly at Zab*

Ah she's from MDC. Here is a link:
    http://www.modeldesignconstruction.c...02/247067/TEKA
    She's quite bit bigger than you might think, here's mine with a space marine for scale:
    Name:  TekaSM.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  89.4 KB
    Cheers!

wow, that's much bigger, than I thought.
    and looking at your link: only 19.95 for a resin statue that size, it's not expensive at all.

Oh yes and they send their stuff in fancy boxes with magnetic flaps. MDC is a class act all the way! I have my eye on the girlie with the long legs and gas mask too. They actually have a ton of great stuff in larger scales.

Thanks for that Zab and looking at the other one on the site I think I've got a model to get and paint for this year to show off. Thank you !!!!

I always wondered why resin GK's cost so much.. It's RESIN not gold! maybe if they would put out more than 300 kits total they could make more money..
    Anyways, that being larger scale may work out better in TMM than NMM. Though you can airbrush bigger models, I feel that the effect is ruined when you can move slightly and the reflection doesn't change like it would with real shiny metal. In a small scale, it's not so apparent because the surface area is smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post
    I always wondered why resin GK's cost so much.. It's RESIN not gold! maybe if they would put out more than 300 kits total they could make more..
    It may have more to do with the cost and lifespan of the moulds, than the cost of the resin.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Thanks for the comments some interesting insights.
    I think i worded my question too open
    Help me choose a nice single Mini for an NMM paint job. Why? because I like NMM. I like the look and the process of execution.
    I don't want some mammoth project that will take me so long that sharing the finished article with you guys will be next decade tho

Oops Mr Mee was logged in on our pc

I'VE ADDED WEBCAM LESSONS NOW TOO!
    And a YOUTUBE channel
    Instagram and FaceBook too

So not the giant mechanical horse? I'd like to see your NMM take on Angron from Forge World, then