More than 2 players per battle in the future?

Thread: More than 2 players per battle in the future?

Default More than 2 players per battle in the future?

TED, I noticed in the rule book page 13 for initiative that it state, "Each player rolls a D6 , The player that rolls the highest goest first, Then play continues in a CLOCKWISE Direction. " Is there a possibility We could see more than 2 player battles in future scenarios? That would be awesome to have a mechanic for 3 or 4 player battles!!!!!

4 factions, 4 players?
    or
    1 land & 1 air vs. 1 land & 1 air?
    The Pirate Deck - Now on Kickstarter
    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardga...he-pirate-deck

Quote Originally Posted by binarysunrise View Post
    4 factions, 4 players?
    or
    1 land & 1 air vs. 1 land & 1 air?
    Great idea! That is definitely worth trying!

I dunno, I just thought it was interesting the rules used the word Clockwise for who takes the next turn. It'd be really cool to get more people involved in a single game wether it be new factions, different divisions of the same faction, or something. Also, if you had a friend who had a 2nd copy of the game, you could have Allied against allied or blight on blight. Many possibilities.!

The idea is to make Rivet Wars a living rule set. once we finish the kickstarter fulfillment, we will work with Ted to do some updates similar to Zombicide, with new ways to play the game. If you guys have any good suggestions, make sure to let us know.

We made some bigger maps for 3 and 4 people but didn't put them in the core box to keep things simpler. And to avoid having any really unbalanced maps in the box. The way we have them setup is one allied versus two blight or two blight vs. two allied. For the 1 vs. 2 we just distribute the DP and rivets evenly to each faction. So the allied guy gets twice as much as the two blight or however it's set up.

We made a cool map that starts 4 players each on the edge of the square map and they're fighting to get to the center. It's allied blight allied blight around the board. Those are fun and intense. A lot of the inspiration comes from Real Time Strategy maps we loved playing back in the day.

The idea of an air commander and ground commander is fantastic as well! As David says, we see this as a living rule set and scenario set and hope to keep growing things more and more over time with new maps, campaigns and factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Terranova View Post
    We made some bigger maps for 3 and 4 people but didn't put them in the core box to keep things simpler.
    Does "bigger maps" mean that they would require more tiles than what comes in the core box?

Either way, do I hear "dowloadable scenarios" for these?

...or a stretch-goal in RW: Western Front?
    The Pirate Deck - Now on Kickstarter
    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardga...he-pirate-deck

Thanks Ted!

I guess that my big 3d terrain table will be usable, for these larger multi-player games!
    Check out more Steam Crow art here!

I bought the extra tileset on the KS just for having large-scale multiplayer games, and everything mentioned above is great, especially the air & ground commanders.

In my limited experience, playing large-scale rivet maps, be sure to scale your DP up in relation to how big your map is. in other words, if you're playing with twice the tiles called for a 6DP/1RP per turn game, then add 2-4 DP, and 1 RP per turn. in this way you can have a full board. the number of turns it takes to traverse a huge map can be daunting if you're only working with a small force.

Core box should be here any day, can't wait!