Europe deliveries?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Europe deliveries?

Default Europe deliveries?

Have anyone in Europe seen/heard anything yet that could hint that the boxes are near delivery?

i'm in italy and i don't have recived any comunication. our rivets shoud be in germany for about a couple of days now.

Nope. According the the last update (#70) another update is going to be sent out when Germany starts to despatch. The problem is that a logistics company has been chosen who had an extraordinarily long festive break and didn't get back until the 6th. That said they've only got 500 to package and distribute so I really don't understand why it's taking so long.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneBrush View Post
    Nope. According the the last update (#70) another update is going to be sent out when Germany starts to despatch. The problem is that a logistics company has been chosen who had an extraordinarily long festive break and didn't get back until the 6th. That said they've only got 500 to package and distribute so I really don't understand why it's taking so long.
    Thank you for the update - much appreciated!

One week have pasted since the boxes should have arrived in Germany. Normally EU shipments never take more than 3-5 days. Anyone in EU got any delivery notice yet?

Still no news. Poor European customers. I remember the Wizkids old days.

So, our game has been in Germany for 11 days, any chance of an update, preferably one that says we posted them 2 days ago! This is really taking the piss now.

I find it especially annoying that Mr. Terranova obviously has time to respond to some fan art posted on the forums, but not to the concerns of us European backers...

Quote Originally Posted by Laserschwert View Post
    I find it especially annoying that Mr. Terranova obviously has time to respond to some fan art posted on the forums, but not to the concerns of us European backers...
    To be fair it's out of his hands, CMON are the manufacturer and (so called) distributor, I'm sure that when Ted reads this he will be on the phone to CMON saying that he has 500 pissed off fans still waiting for their game and demanding something gets done, and making enquiries on our behalf as to why Rivet wars has been sitting in a German warehouse for two weeks.

i'm not realy pissed off, but even popping out on the forum to say: "i'm tring to figure out where the problem is" or even "don't worry, you will get info in a few hour/days" would realy help. even if there is no news,there could still be comunication.
    btw i realy understand how much problem could arise in ths kind of project, and i'm fine with all the delays and stuff.

@Ted never considered twitter?

Weird, communication started to get good in December, but once the US got their stuff, it's back to zero again.

Quote Originally Posted by endragor View Post
    i'm not realy pissed off, but even popping out on the forum to say: "i'm tring to figure out where the problem is" or even "don't worry, you will get info in a few hour/days" would realy help. even if there is no news,there could still be comunication.
    I fully agree... what bugs me is that there's NO feedback at all.

Just received this KS email, replied same day to
    I apologize for the delay in response. Rivet Wars packages in Germany were delayed in customs, and have only recently arrived at our shipping partner. They are now sorting through the boxes, and will begin shipping soon. We will have an update ready to post soon with more information, and will likely have it up by tonight.
    Thanks for your Support

Quote Originally Posted by hithero View Post
    Just received this KS email, replied same day to
    Cheers for that info Hithero! Nice to know that there has been a problem and looking like it's being resolved. Who knows maybe the people who have paid money for postage will get a bonus because of the problems...

Quote Originally Posted by Project Update #71: Rivet Wars by CoolMiniOrNot View Post
    Project Update #71: EU Shipping Update

EU backers, we’ve finally gotten an update from our shipping partners in Germany. Our partners have yet to receive the games at their warehouse. The games have arrived in Germany as per our previous updates, but they are currently stuck in customs. In Europe products designed for use by children have a strict testing regiment they must go through when entering certain countries. Although we labeled the games for teenage use, the customs officials still held the boxes.
    We could not post an update with any valuable information until now because it took us a bit of time to figure out exactly what was going on. The only thing we knew until recently was that the games had yet to get to our shipping partners. Finally we got in touch with our cargo company that explained that the container was still in customs.
    We’ve done everything in our power to make the launch of Rivet Wars happen near simultaneously for the entire world. This includes arranging direct-from-china shipping to Asia/Pacific backers. We also had games air-lifted to Germany. These were costly decisions, but we knew would mean a much quicker turnaround time in delivery. While we know EU is still waiting for their games, when shipping starts, and it should be soon, it will probably still be much quicker than shipping from the U.S. In previous Kickstarter deliveries we shipped products to the EU from America. Each game would normally take about 2-3 weeks to arrive and have VATs attached to them.
    Unfortunately all we can do in regards to these situations is continuously try to come up with better methods and find better partners for international delivery for future projects. A problem for us resides in that, despite the global nature of our products and services, we are still a smaller U.S. based production company. That, combined with the burst nature of business via Kickstarter (short spurts of shipping and manufacturing followed by months of downtime), prevent us from establishing set global infrastructures and procedures, meaning each project must be handled in a unique way, with each problem being handled as it comes. This is the unfortunate reality of our business, and in this particular instance it is now in the hands of our delivery partners. Know though, that as soon as they are able to ship and tracking numbers are being generated, we will update you. We thank you for your patience.
    If you have any questions please contact Support@cmon.com
    So our games is pretty much still stuck in German customs, with no way of telling how much longer it will take until we get them...

Quote Originally Posted by a94marbo View Post
    So our games is pretty much still stuck in German customs
    Not anymore, according to the recent mail hithero got. So why didn't they put that in the update?

So, the email I received a few hours before the update says the shipping agent has them and then the update says its in customs, right hand - left hand, arse - elbow comes to mind. Get your hopes up and then kick you in the nuts :/

Sadly it was likely the e mail you got supposed this to be a short delay, the update looks like it will be longer.

The EEC rules on Dangerous Toys are full of grey areas and a lot is down to interpretation. Likely it is the cartoonish "cute" nature of the artwork that led some officious so and so to believe these were toys. Unfortunately despite having the CE testing done etc, CMON have still to prove otherwise. It may be a short delay but......god forbid we end up like the Wizkids fiasco a couple of years ago.

I can wait as long as CMON keep us well informed and ensure that the same problems are resolved before Wave 2 is sent out.