Rivet Points

Thread: Rivet Points

Default Rivet Points

Just played the first game and the one question I had was do you gain 1-Rivet point per turn? We played it that way and seemed to work, just wanted to double check.

Very fun game, looking to get a bigger game soon.

Unless your playing one of the scenarios which tell you how many rivets you get per turn, it is entirely up to you how many you get each turn.

Quote Originally Posted by junkmaildog View Post
    Very fun game, looking to get a bigger game soon.
    If you are playing a scenario then it should tell you the number of rivet points each turn. One thing to remember the larger (more tiles) the game you play the more deployment and rivet points you need to use. I think its in the forum somewhere but a good ratio seems to be for every 4 more deployment points at 1 rivet point. That is just an average so experiment.

As Chibi says below if you are not playing a scenario then have as much as you want.

Just played a 9 tile game last night, with 6 deployment points & 1 rivet per turn, and towards the end of the game both sides had every piece of available units on the board. We started accruing tons of DP & RP per turn, because we only had whatever troops had perished in the previous volley to deploy. The upside was there were plenty of points to bring whatever had perished into play the next turn.

We've also been using house rules for adding barbwire, tank traps, and mines by using DP & rivets - which at the end of the game can be quite useful. much like the 'add barbwire' action card, these additions can only be placed within 1 grid of a unit.

We've also made a paradrop HR, in which any unit can be air-dropped into any grid (using a deviation flip) for additional DP or RP during the deployment phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubo View Post
    We started accruing tons of DP & RP per turn, because we only had whatever troops had perished in the previous volley to deploy.
    Remember only RP carry over from turn to turn. Deployment points are a use it or loose it.

I do like the other house rules you are using.

I agree! Cool house rules. Ted, if you are watching, could the paradrop and obstacle building rules be added to an expansion somewhere down the line?

Quote Originally Posted by mcs1213 View Post
    Deployment points are a use it or loose it.
    that moment... when you realize you've been playing Rivet Wars incorrectly for months now. somehow i totally missed this game mechanic, and it totally makes sense to have it.

thanks for the props on the house rules, i'm certain there will be more, as each game brings up more ideas & questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubo View Post
    that moment... when you realize you've been playing Rivet Wars incorrectly for months now. somehow i totally missed this game mechanic, and it totally makes sense to have it.

thanks for the props on the house rules, i'm certain there will be more, as each game brings up more ideas & questions.
    Just finished my second scenario with my son. Then I glanced at the upcoming scenarios, wondering when we'd get enough rivet points for the tank. And then I realized we had been doing it wrong. Time to re-read to see where I missed that the Rivet Points are per turn and not per scenario.....
    The Pirate Deck - Now on Kickstarter
    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardga...he-pirate-deck

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by binarysunrise View Post
    Just finished my second scenario with my son. Then I glanced at the upcoming scenarios, wondering when we'd get enough rivet points for the tank. And then I realized we had been doing it wrong. Time to re-read to see where I missed that the Rivet Points are per turn and not per scenario.....
    This is what the rules say on page 15:
    Deployment Phase Order
    1. Generate the number of deployment points and rivets indicated in the scenario.

I read that to mean whatever the scenario designates as deployment points and rivets, you generate those amounts each deployment phase.

Check out more of my wife's photography at: http://thereasagwinn.com

Why choose Space Wolves over other chapters?
    ‘They are desperate, and as savage as beasts.’
    Magnus lost his smile.
    ‘I no longer think of them as animals, Ahmuz, though I once did. I now think of them as the purest of us all. Incorruptible. Single-minded. The perfection of my father’s vision.’
    Excerpt from Battle of the Fang

Yeah, I'm not sure what I was thinking :P
    The Pirate Deck - Now on Kickstarter
    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardga...he-pirate-deck

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by binarysunrise View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure what I was thinking :P
    Happens to me quite a bit. I know I read something about it, but now can't remember what it said. Have to go back and re-read multiple times until it gets filed away in the old brain housing.

Check out more of my wife's photography at: http://thereasagwinn.com

Why choose Space Wolves over other chapters?
    ‘They are desperate, and as savage as beasts.’
    Magnus lost his smile.
    ‘I no longer think of them as animals, Ahmuz, though I once did. I now think of them as the purest of us all. Incorruptible. Single-minded. The perfection of my father’s vision.’
    Excerpt from Battle of the Fang