I need your feedback - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need your feedback

Thanks for your advices, I would apply them to the next squig (Another 11 to make)! The tufts of grass come from games workshop : http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/ca...d=prod1390050a

Here is the fifth. I accentued highlights on the face. What do you think about it?

Last edited by Kallfa; 02-02-2014 at 04:20 AM.

Blog Entries

Those are some good looking squigs! If you replace the fabric background with a piece of dark paper that will help. Don't fold the paper just curve it up behind your subject.

Hell yeah nice one, Im really drawn to the face now!

Really really nice now, I have loooked at it for some time now, and the oinly thing that I would add some work on is the theeth. Atleast in this picture on my screen they look to "clean" white in apperance, should be some shading with somebrown towards the base of each tooth and and lighter at the top. (this is really knittpicking on a great painted figure).

Really enjoy the progress you are making here.

/Kretcher
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.

Hey Kallfa, that's some fantastic improvement from one to another. The last one is very pleasing. I think the thing with the last one is that to push it to the next level to have to put the mid tones back in. For example on his side and certainly on his face it goes from shadow to highlight without passing through the mid tone. Also a couple of tiny spots of white on his red gums will bring it some life too. its easy to concentrate to getting it darker and lighter and to forget about the underlying colour in the middle of these. None the less, he's looking ace!

I also notice a real evolution, and it is thanks to your help, without your advice I shall be in the same point there (I do not know if it's the good translation to say that...), so really thank you!

@ Demihuman : I don't have a piece of dark paper ;(
    @ Kretcher and megazor_man : received! I am trying to apply it right now.

Here is the sixth squig. Today I ordered mangler squigs. I'm eager to have them and to apply all that I learnt!

Oh my god, in six squigs you have nailed a very nice painting style that I am still struggling to come to grips with! Amazing, I love this last one.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    Oh my god, in six squigs you have nailed a very nice painting style that I am still struggling to come to grips with! Amazing, I love this last one.
    Bump!
    You have said it all Zab

I think you have been having us all on, the improvement over these few minis is like a years worth of painting.
    Very well done.
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Thank you very much! But as I said it: without your advices, I shall not have been able to be able to progress like that. I would continue to work my skills to honor your precious help!
    Last edited by Kallfa; 02-03-2014 at 02:59 PM.

man the improvement is unbelievable you are one great student
    more pics here if you want a squiz http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/jason

Very nice, now you have too teach us other poor souls in here good work.

The only things now is geting that black paper or use some other way to "get" ride of that background

I sometimes use a background on my computer screen. it has to be some distance away from the figure so that the background is not in focus. this way you can change your bakground colour more easy. Here is one figure where I have used that technique, I am not the best on photographer myself thou...

http://www.coolminiornot.com/316339

/Kretcher
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.

@ Jason : Thanks =)
    @ Kretcher : It's a great idea! Thanks !

Maybe that I would find the time to make an article explaining stage by stage how I paint my squigs. In any case, that would be an exercise interesting to make.

Hi guys, I'm back after having tried what I learnt on another miniature. Here is a night goblin squig herd :

Yeah that's great! I'm gonna quit painting now and become a cabinet cleaner instead
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    Yeah that's great! I'm gonna quit painting now and become a cabinet cleaner instead
    Bags 2 IC
    Nice work, I like the brown on the fingers nice touch.

Thanks for your feedback. Here is the first mangler squig, he is not completely finished . Finecast is really a shame, the quality of the miniature is really bad.