OFFICIAL Creature Caster launching on Kickstarter - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 81

Thread: OFFICIAL Creature Caster launching on Kickstarter

  1. #41

    Default

    My two original choices haven't changed, I still want the original two dragons. Not sure whether to add a zombie dragon. I also like that jackalope but would have to get a tree woman for that....

  2. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kittykat23uk View Post
    My two original choices haven't changed, I still want the original two dragons. Not sure whether to add a zombie dragon. I also like that jackalope but would have to get a tree woman for that....

    I am waiting to see what the new bundles will be, before making up my final mind.
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1





  3. #43

    Default

    Well this kickstarter turned out to be a complete omnishambles. Two years late, no hub shipping, no painting Buddha dvd, at litany of missteps and broken promises. I finally received my two dragons. I wish I could say that at least we got the su per detailed high quality resin sculpts that we were promised, but alas, not even that part is true.



    The casting quality is as others have posted, some parts are definitely sharper than others. In particular the alternative neck on the mountain dragon has suffered a loss of detail to the point that the scales are barely defined. It will make painting the model in a consistent way quite a challenge. Also the socket on this neck piece is filled in with resin and will need to be drilled out.

    There is a lot of flash, and there are a few small air bubbles on both models, most not too bad and can be easily filled. There are some mould lines but I need to do a thorough check to see if there are any major misalignments.

    Major issue so far is that the tip of the horn on the mountain dragon's warped head is missing due to an air bubble. I have not yet decided what to do about this, whether to ask for a replacement part, whether to sculpt in the detail or whether to leave it as extra character on the model.

    I have recorded a couple of videos :

    Here's a link to the Mountain Dragon unboxing, https://youtu.be/YfwuMdk3Qi0

    here's the emperor dragon unboxing video: https://youtu.be/U4W-Z439H54

  4. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kittykat23uk View Post
    Well this kickstarter turned out to be a complete omnishambles. Two years late, no hub shipping, no painting Buddha dvd, at litany of missteps and broken promises. I finally received my two dragons. I wish I could say that at least we got the su per detailed high quality resin sculpts that we were promised, but alas, not even that part is true.



    The casting quality is as others have posted, some parts are definitely sharper than others. In particular the alternative neck on the mountain dragon has suffered a loss of detail to the point that the scales are barely defined. It will make painting the model in a consistent way quite a challenge. Also the socket on this neck piece is filled in with resin and will need to be drilled out.

    There is a lot of flash, and there are a few small air bubbles on both models, most not too bad and can be easily filled. There are some mould lines but I need to do a thorough check to see if there are any major misalignments.

    Major issue so far is that the tip of the horn on the mountain dragon's warped head is missing due to an air bubble. I have not yet decided what to do about this, whether to ask for a replacement part, whether to sculpt in the detail or whether to leave it as extra character on the model.

    I have recorded a couple of videos :

    Here's a link to the Mountain Dragon unboxing, https://youtu.be/YfwuMdk3Qi0

    here's the emperor dragon unboxing video: https://youtu.be/U4W-Z439H54
    This whole Kickstarter has been super disappointing. It held so much promise.

    Seeing that the models are really inferior to what else is out there, makes me not even care all that much to get my two demons. So many of the details on your dragons looks so melty and undefined. Someone isn't particularly good at casting in resin, as they show clear indications of being rushed.

    I think we should just be happy, to actually get anything out of this Kickstarter. I had my doubts at one point.

    I would recommend asking for replacement parts, for all the parts you have, where the detail is clearly miscast and undefined.

    And I agree, no more creature caster models for me. I am also done with Kickstarters from any company other than Raging Heroes. They may be delayed, but at least they give you top quality.
    Last edited by marjedi; 01-12-2017 at 05:48 AM.
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1





  5. #45

    Default

    Too bad! Kickstarters have been both boon and bane to our hobby. And, after being on some that were a bit of a mess, I can seriously relate to the frustration you can feel.

  6. #46

    Default

    to be fair the missing painting buddha dvd is not creature casters fault as PB is more or less six feet under now.

    too bad about the quality of some of the pieces though. and man that delivery time...

  7. #47

    Default

    I certainly won't be giving them any more custom. I am so disappointed with this whole fiasco. The quality is nowhere near that of the old ultraforge dragon . Side by side you can really see the difference in sharpness. I have been busy removing all the tags on the mountain dragon. I have found some more issues. The resin in the base shows signs of not having been mixed properly! In fact there are some little areas where you can actually stick a scalpel in and pull out a bit that hasn't set! Never seen that before!
    Also, looking at the back left foot, this is poorly sculpted, one of the toes actually disappears into the rock. It looks unfinished compared to the other toes.

    As for the painting buddha DVD, there seems to be fault on both sides there and a complete lack of communication if you read the comments section in the Kickstarter. I never pledged for the DVD so in my case the biggest issues are quality of the casts, the loss of hub shipping and the general poor communication and delays.
    Last edited by kittykat23uk; 01-13-2017 at 08:31 AM.

  8. #48

    Default

    i can certainly understand your feelings, there are no defense for not communicating what's going on. i been looking around this KS and yeah it do feel like a fiasco indeed, funny as so many hotshots were promoting this KS when it was run.

  9. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kittykat23uk View Post
    I certainly won't be giving them any more custom. I am so disappointed with this whole fiasco. The quality is nowhere near that of the old ultraforge dragon . Side by side you can really see the difference in sharpness. I have been busy removing all the tags on the mountain dragon. I have found some more issues. The resin in the base shows signs of not having been mixed properly! In fact there are some little areas where you can actually stick a scalpel in and pull out a bit that hasn't set! Never seen that before!
    Also, looking at the back left foot, this is poorly sculpted, one of the toes actually disappears into the rock. It looks unfinished compared to the other toes.

    As for the painting buddha DVD, there seems to be fault on both sides there and a complete lack of communication if you read the comments section in the Kickstarter. I never pledged for the DVD so in my case the biggest issues are quality of the casts, the loss of hub shipping and the general poor communication and delays.

    Oh dear, more issues?

    This sucks.

    I have been looking at reviews from others who have gotten their models. Including some I have pledged for. And poor casting/lack of detail seems to be a very common issue.

    My excitement level is now very low, and I am dreading having to pay customs and taxes on these.
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1





  10. #50

    Default

    Afraid so, also there are issues with the emperor which I am just discovering. Remember when Jeremy was saying that these models will be cast in such a way that you can just plug the pieces together really easily with minimal cleanup? Well that is not really the case at all. So for example, with the two emperor dragon heads, one has a much reduced peg, but will fit the socket of the unarmoured neck if you fill the socket in a bit or build up the neck peg, either way I think it will glue in okay without much problem. The other neck piece is a different matter. As with the mountain dragon unarmoured neck, the armoured neck piece on the emperor dragon suffers from an infilling of the resin in the neck socket. So you would need to either cut off the peg and glue it on or drill out a socket for the neck. In contrast, the other head's peg is too big to fit the socket in either neck. This will need to be cut down/cut off to get it to fit.

  11. #51

    Default

    Oh dear. This is just getting worse.
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1





  12. #52

    Default

    Well as an experienced dragon wrangler, most of these issues are not inssumountable, , I can always drill out, sculpt in and scrape out any mould lines to a certain extent, but the inconsistent casting quality is a big problem in terms of getting a consistent paint effect. I have written to creature caster setting out all the issues and asking them to send replacement parts, chances of that happening?? Well I am not holding my breath!

  13. #53

    Default

    It just defeats the purpose of buying high quality stuff, if one has to resculpt half of it.

    And yeah would not hold my breath for replacements. I wonder what the excuse will be though...
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1





  14. #54
    Brushlicker gohkm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Singapore / Australia
    Posts
    1,402
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Wow, I had no idea these issues were so prevalent!
    Models completed in 2016 so far: 16
    Models in WIP: 22

    tp://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/gohkm

  15. #55

    Default

    It's really a shame to hear about all the issues. I can live with delays (though this one was pushing it!) and poor communication if the end product lives up to what was promised. But what I'm hearing about the poor casts and detail level is really unfortunate. This project had some great sculpts, so I was really looking forward to getting my hands on some of the figures. From this thread and things I've read elsewhere, my expectations are pretty low right now. All I can say is, I'm glad I was conservative and only bought in for a single figure (the plague angel). I was very tempted to get more back at the time. Hopefully when I get the figure it will be decent enough I can still paint it, though I'm not so sure on that!

    I've bought in to some that have been long delayed, like Kingdom Death, but the end result made the wait worth it. Black Sailors was more or less on time (I forget exactly) and the quality was fantastic. So there are good ones out there. This one sounds like it will be the first I really regret. Too bad, had so much potential.

  16. #56

    Default

    Bailey03: not sure you'll be disappointed. It IS a plague angel, so any bubbles are by default pockmarks, any melted details add to the decomposing nature of it

    That said, I'm really glad I skipped this one. If only I would have been so clever with the Robotech one...

    Also after quite a few KS-s my opinion is: they are not worth it. At best you get 6-12 month delays + already interested in other things at worst sub-par product or not delivering.
    For example the KD one: about 2 years late and while it delivered and the product is top quality I haven't even taken them out of the box. Interests shifted to Pedro Fernandez's busts and other larger scale models.
    Forgot, that it works again.

  17. #57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MAXXxxx View Post
    Bailey03: not sure you'll be disappointed. It IS a plague angel, so any bubbles are by default pockmarks, any melted details add to the decomposing nature of it

    That said, I'm really glad I skipped this one. If only I would have been so clever with the Robotech one...

    Also after quite a few KS-s my opinion is: they are not worth it. At best you get 6-12 month delays + already interested in other things at worst sub-par product or not delivering.
    For example the KD one: about 2 years late and while it delivered and the product is top quality I haven't even taken them out of the box. Interests shifted to Pedro Fernandez's busts and other larger scale models.
    I agree with this. By the time the actual products land in my greasy hands, it is usually to a lowered interest level.
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1





  18. #58
    Brushlicker gohkm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Singapore / Australia
    Posts
    1,402
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Now they're opening the Creature Caster store.

    https://m.facebook.com/creaturecaste...01&ref=m_notif
    Models completed in 2016 so far: 16
    Models in WIP: 22

    tp://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/gohkm

  19. #59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gohkm View Post
    Now they're opening the Creature Caster store.

    https://m.facebook.com/creaturecaste...01&ref=m_notif

    Which is 0/10, since a lot of backers haven't received their items yet...
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1





  20. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marjedi View Post
    Which is 0/10, since a lot of backers haven't received their items yet...
    that never stopped anyone.
    All KS-s I'be been in was like that, no exceptions. Most of them for 3-6 Months before the KS package has arrived (all CMON KS-s for example)
    Some were even there for 1+ year before I got the KS stuff (AvP from Prodos, Relic Knight from sodapop/CMON)

    btw: did you only get the dragons? Interested in the quality of the spider demon.
    But going from the pics I've seen until now (including the dragons you got) I'm not sure if I want it that much.
    Last edited by MAXXxxx; 01-22-2017 at 06:37 AM.
    Forgot, that it works again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Privacy Policy  |   Terms and Conditions  |   Contact Us  |   The Legion


Copyright © 2001-2018 CMON Inc.

-->