Western Front - What we know now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Western Front - What we know now

Default Western Front - What we know now

Feel free to add if I missed something. This is all I can think of or found regarding the next two factions:

4-9-2013 "And wait until you see what I have planned for the Ottoman canine unit...but I shouldn't be talking about stuff like that now." -Ted

10-10-2013 "The next thing we'd like to do is the Ruska (Russian like) and the Ottoman (Turkish like). Right now the thinking is to make it more urban combat like a Stalingrad type thing. Buildings, rivers, bridges, etc. We have tried some really cool ideas and have lots of things we'd like to do with this next round of minis/games to expand the rules and the world. Visually I'm really excited by these two factions and the powers their heroes could have. Also this'd be great if you had an Eastern Front core box and your friend then got these "Western Front" sets. You could combine them for some massive battles! And I've always felt more factions means more choices, variety and fun.

For now I'd like to keep the factions based on historical armies and nations. And trying to keep the tech somewhat believable and functional, turn of the century looking. But of course that slider can move depending on the faction. The Ottoman so far have a very classical ornamental look to their stuff contrasted with the stark hard edge and punched metal look of the Ruska." -Ted

Where'd that bottom image come from?

And you left off the Ruska armored bear cavalry that Ted promised he'd give us. Right, Ted??
    The Pirate Deck - Now on Kickstarter
    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardga...he-pirate-deck

Bottom image was from WTFGamer's collection in the thread with his youtube video of Mr. Terranova at CoolMiniCon, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Wounder View Post
    Bottom image was from WTFGamer's collection in the thread with his youtube video of Mr. Terranova at CoolMiniCon, I think.
    Yep. It's either basic cavalry, or a cavalry hero. Don't know for sure, unless Ted wants to post another concept drawing for clarification

Quote Originally Posted by binarysunrise View Post
    And you left off the Ruska armored bear cavalry that Ted promised he'd give us. Right, Ted??
    really hope THIS idea turns into a real unit. on-topic but non-rivet wars image below:
    Name:  RawrBear.jpg
Views: 1404
Size:  23.2 KB

He did hint at a Cavarly hero riding a bear...so that'd be cool.

He's also mentioned that he wants at least one faction to have a lot of animals or personifications of them (tanks in the shapes of animals, etc.), so that's something to look forward too.

It would be pretty sweet if there was an army whose cavalry were all teched-out horses like Parman's. Not that all the vehicles aren't cool, but horses would stick out as the different choice among all of them. Maybe strap some rockets to their sides?

Quote Originally Posted by Shan Morris View Post
    It would be pretty sweet if there was an army whose cavalry were all teched-out horses like Parman's. Not that all the vehicles aren't cool, but horses would stick out as the different choice among all of them. Maybe strap some rockets to their sides?
    Yeah, Ted mentioned in another thread that he had planned the Ruska to have armored horses, which he liked. But we won't mention that, since clearly armored cavalry is the better choice :P

I've yet to see anything about Rivet Wars future that doesn't excite me. I can't wait to get the wave 2 stuff, but at the same time am already looking forward to Ruska and some of the future expansions.

Usually, I'd imagine that this type of game/expansion set you'd have to continually work on updating all the factions to fit with each other release. (for example, I'd expect airships in a later release for the Ruska & Ottoman factions, so I could fight them with the Blight & Allied airships). So what aspect of "Rivet Wars: The Western Front" will Ted have to go back and add to the Blight & Allies?
    Possibly Titan armor?
    Introduce a *big* gun in Western Front, and then retroactively release a set for Eastern Front?

For sure binary, I doubt he'd make them as unequal as to not have it. I mean, lets say Western Front gets Titan Armor, then who on the Allies or Blight can even hit him? No one currently. I feel like that is almost an entire new set of unit combos in and of itself, unless some of the newer units we haven't seen stats for can hit Titan Armor, like maybe the bomber or Heavy Metal.

So do you think we're getting Titan armor this time around??

Blog Entries

I believe Titan armor will mostly be for scenario specific units.

I don't think we'll get it this time around, unless this project booms even more than the first, which I believe it will. They are about fleshing out the current factions though, so it may even be something like the Titans for Allied and Blight would be add-ons, if included at all. Still incoming no matter what though. He's already put a portion of a blight titan on facebook in a drawing of a battle going on, and the heroes are fighting what looks to be a titan that matches Baron Munchen. This was then confirmed by a comment by Ted. I'll try and post that picture here.

Quote Originally Posted by binarysunrise View Post
    So do you think we're getting Titan armor this time around??
    I think that the tanks in the Heavy Metal Expansion will likely have Titan armor

Quote Originally Posted by Forceman4077 View Post
    I think that the tanks in the Heavy Metal Expansion will likely have Titan armor
    I think the Titans are armor level 5. I think the Heavies are only 4. The KS was supposed to get to $1M in order to get Titans.

Yeah, we've had no armor 4 yet, so I'm assuming the Heavies are. Can't wait for Wave 2. I keep saying it, but I can't believe the majority of us that have gone all in have only gotten 1/6-1/7 of their rivets so far.

There's an KS update regarding Wave 2 and Battle of Brighton up now, by the way. Only found because I was hunting for info for the wiki.

Yes, awesome update. I'm a fan of the new wheels. Definitely more period-esque.

Is there an ETA for the Western Front Kickstarter? I need to know when to start saving.