Custom Game boards measuring

Thread: Custom Game boards measuring

Default Custom Game boards measuring

Howdy. I come from a Warhammer background so I am used to playing on cool 3d tables. I saw the trench board today in the newsletter and I kind of want to build one.

My main question is about the grid system for the rules. Has anyone tried playing with just measuring sticks? Any other suggestions beyond putting the grid on the tabletop? I would like to avoid this as it will be easier to have the table usable for other games then as well.

I made my tiles the size of the tiles that come with the game... I did it that way because it's easy to estimate movement since I already have a guide in the tile size. (Without having to paint a grid on everything.)

I don't have an answer for the measuring sticks; I've not tried it. I suppose you could use them, and they'd probably work fine.

- - -

More photos of the trench board here. (Scroll to the bottom past my way-too-many construction photos.)
    Check out more Steam Crow art here!

Quote Originally Posted by steamcrow View Post
    I made my tiles the size of the tiles that come with the game... I did it that way because it's easy to estimate movement since I already have a guide in the tile size. (Without having to paint a grid on everything.)

I don't have an answer for the measuring sticks; I've not tried it. I suppose you could use them, and they'd probably work fine.

- - -

More photos of the trench board here. (Scroll to the bottom past my way-too-many construction photos.)
    That board is brilliant. I can see the board base size working out well. I was just thinking maybe I could fashion a 'ruler' out of blocks the size on the board and have that work. I will have to make a trip to the hardware store and see what I can make up.