Requesting Ted's presence on the forums!

Thread: Requesting Ted's presence on the forums!

Default Requesting Ted's presence on the forums!

Hey there, Ted. On these forums there's a growing pile of questions and clarifications that should probably get addressed sooner than later. I understand you guys are really busy, but for the first time in the development and release cycle of Rivet Wars you are notably absent from relatively important discussions.

You have a strong community of gamers here who are incredibly excited about your game. Please, don't leave us hanging when it comes to shoring up the base rules. There are a few things that can really hurt the growth of a new game, and an unattended ruleset is very near the top of the list. When you are the new hotness and people are desperate for your attention it's important to go out of your way to make sure that fire never goes out in the community. There are so many gaming options out there, and gamers are notoriously fickle. You have our rapt attention with this amazing game and intellectual property. Please, don't go disappearing now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauwolf View Post
    Hey there, Ted. On these forums there's a growing pile of questions and clarifications that should probably get addressed sooner than later. I understand you guys are really busy, but for the first time in the development and release cycle of Rivet Wars you are notably absent from relatively important discussions.

You have a strong community of gamers here who are incredibly excited about your game. Please, don't leave us hanging when it comes to shoring up the base rules. There are a few things that can really hurt the growth of a new game, and an unattended ruleset is very near the top of the list. When you are the new hotness and people are desperate for your attention it's important to go out of your way to make sure that fire never goes out in the community. There are so many gaming options out there, and gamers are notoriously fickle. You have our rapt attention with this amazing game and intellectual property. Please, don't go disappearing now.
    I second that notion!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyjuan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauwolf View Post
    Hey there, Ted.[...]
    I second that notion!
    Feeling the same here.

The plan is to release the FAQ this week. Hopefully that'll give some clarity to the questions at hand. As I mentioned in the other thread, thanks for bringing this stuff up. It's really helpful. It's also helpful to see the discussion and opinions that everyone has. And thanks for the patience. I know it can be frustrating to wait but we don't want to put out anything without really thinking it through. But we can't wait too long either. People want to get some more games in

And also thanks for helping build this community. You guys who are really excited about the game have a really infectious passion and it really makes us want to keep pushing ourselves.

Ted,
    Thank you for the news about the FAQ.
    (Ted is Beetlejuice: you have to call him three times for him to appear )

Ted Terranova, Ted Terranova, Ted Terranova..... I do not see him busting through my floor right now... Well I will give it a min.

Thanks Ted, I shall await with baited breath. Also, I thought you might be tickled to hear that when I introduced some people to this game at my FLGS, one of them came up with a pretty sweet analogy that I would take as a compliment were I you. Watching a game played, he likened the game to the GBA cart "advance wars". In my eyes thats pretty good praise.

Hey! Don't distract the man! For all we know, he was finishing up the sculpt of armored bears for the Ruska faction!
    The Pirate Deck - Now on Kickstarter
    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardga...he-pirate-deck