Treeman/Ent Scratch Sculpt

Thread: Treeman/Ent Scratch Sculpt

Default Treeman/Ent Scratch Sculpt

Starting in on a treeman, now! So far, I'm having a blast. I've just done the head, sort of a dopey-yet-grumpy, lopsided face, pealing bark, a few spites, some mushrooms, etc. Considering either some draped vines or moss off of the left branch/stump, what do you guys think?

From the front. Moss/vines off that left stump or no?

The back, with shroomies and a spite, also a tree-growth....

From above. Dunno if you can see it, but there's a bird's nest and two spites, just hangin' out up there...

Also, when I get to the hands, I was thinking about having him holding a dead somebody-or-other. I suppose a beastman would be the obvious choice, but then it gets a bit funky if you're playing against dwarves, say... what's a good multi-opponent corpse, do you guys think?
    Last edited by Revelen; 02-05-2014 at 12:32 PM.

Like it, whats the main trunk sculpted with, Greenstuff?
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Great sculpting :-)
    "Of course I'm sane, when trees start talking to me, I don't talk back."
    - Terry Pratchett, The Light Fantastic

My new painting blog - Brath's Paint Shop

Thanks guys. The main trunk is Super Sculpey Firm, attached to the wire armature with fresh greenstuff. The details are obviously greenstuff as well.

Most of my few sculpty hours last couple days have been turned over to working on "The King" for someone else, sigh. BUT I did get the basic right arm of Mr. Treeman all blocked in. Hopefully tomorrow I'll finish up the King and get to detail this arm, add in a dangling dead beastman...
    Last edited by Revelen; 02-05-2014 at 12:32 PM.

Blog Entries

Looks nifty. I have one of these fellas in my gallery to. I enjoyed making fine, although there is a lot I would do different now lol. Have fun finishing him off, makes me want to have another go at one! I personally would do him holding a banner of orc heads!!! Like a giant wind chime of orc heads....

dfb

My Gallery Here

CMON Rank: Will paint for Jelly Beans...

Loving your work, after having a look through your site! Couldn't find the treeman on there though, do you have a direct link?

Blog Entries

Thanks mate. There is a page 2 that you may have missed....

http://www.coolminiornot.com/126604

There he is.....

dfb

My Gallery Here

CMON Rank: Will paint for Jelly Beans...

Ooooh there he is! I love him. That is definitely the most devious looking tree-person I have ever seen. Nic job, man!

I've more or less finished up my work-sculpt, so now it's back to play-sculpt. YAY! I've got the two arms of the Treeman well under way.

The left one, here, will be reaching forward in a "rawr" sort of way.

The right will be at his side/behind him, losely holding a dead beastie (just starting the beastie). Wish I'd gotten a better view of his face, he's got a nice rictus-snarl going!
    Last edited by Revelen; 02-05-2014 at 12:34 PM.

Ok, all that's left is the torso, and then I can cast and paint him! Excited to finally have a treeman, I mean really, what self-respecting Wood Elf army doesn't have a freikin' Treeman???

Here's the left arm, that will be reaching out.

The right arm with the beaten-up beastman.

The Base, with his feet attached...

And of course the head.

Man oh man do I want to get that torso done and get him all together...

He's done! Phiu. On to mould-making and casting, and then hopefully painting next week!

Some shots of him. Not held together by anything, I just sculpted the arms, feet, head and body with little pegs and sockets, like lego. Once he's cast, then I'll actually put him together and paint him up!