mordheim guy :)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mordheim guy :)

Default mordheim guy :)

I am sure many of you have done black doods before... I MEAN PAINT THEM... before the dirty insinuations start. Anyway I wanted a black dood in my warband. No idea why he had to be black but it worked in my head and I am glad I went that direction it was fun and neat to have that new challenge.

While I am sure alot of people will not really care for the way I painted him(NOT BRIGHT GW STANDARD) I am still going to put him up because the net is hurting for mordheim stuff :\\. Anyway. I\'d love to hear opinions nice or otherwise.

please look closely at all the color work I did if you are going to comment this was meant to be bland and dark because it is for mordheim but I tried to work colors in anyway.... I am not sure if it was a good idea.

either way here he is... you don\'t have to be gentle. I know I am not gentle, so if you want to pick him apart be my guest just nothing rude please.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/66541

Left a comment on the miniature Smoth. That is a great job! Nice conversion work, I always like seeing stuff that is unique.

Wow. I have been spending about 5 minutes looking at this guy trying to come up with a critique. I can\'t find any with the skin tone of this guy. Are you going to put up an article detailing the technique? As for the rest of the mini I could only come up with a few (very) minor things. His eyes seemed ever-so-slightly cat like to me. The wood grain of the axe might have used one more darker shade for the grain. Finally, the reflection on his left wristband seem a little too bright. Honestly, I am trying to critique for the sake of critiquing. The guy is friggin\' awesome...

Jabber

I think you did a great job on this guy. The skin colour is very good and I like the muted colour scheme. (I\'m not a big fan of bright colours - llike brown and grey). Gave you and 8. Can\'t find anything major to criticise. Kudos!! :D

/Anders

Great looking skin, nice mini.

It\'s flawless from what I can see from the picture (which is a bit too small maybe), but most importantly this paintjob has a lot of character. Keep up the good work!

Commented and voted 8

Originally posted by Jabberwocky
    Wow. I have been spending about 5 minutes looking at this guy trying to come up with a critique. I can\'t find any with the skin tone of this guy. Are you going to put up an article detailing the technique? As for the rest of the mini I could only come up with a few (very) minor things. His eyes seemed ever-so-slightly cat like to me. The wood grain of the axe might have used one more darker shade for the grain. Finally, the reflection on his left wristband seem a little too bright. Honestly, I am trying to critique for the sake of critiquing. The guy is friggin\' awesome...

Jabber
    hmm, that would mean making another black guy.... I can do that. I just have to find the time first. I\'ll see what I can do.

Here is the jist of it...
    black base
    black + beastial brown(for a dark sepia)
    Then I mixed that with some vomit brown for the highlights.

You know I am glad I organized my paint by pigment it is alot easier for me to do blends now. :)

Nice mini... As for the parts, I\'d go for Beastman chest & arms, chaos marauders head, mordheim henchmen / empire militia legs... The beastman sword is really cool... I know what the mini misses: an earring to remind the ring in the sword!:D

AH HA! good guess alex. did the sword give it away?

thanks for the compliment.

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

Smoth, I wish you would have done that pic \"vertical\" instead of \"horizontal\". That would have allowed us a larger set of views (as CMON limits the width, but not the height). Really like it. Do a full set? Pirates?

I hope it is my monitor, but he looks a touch green to me. I\'ll check tomarrow at work on a better monitor.

edit: I think my monitor at home needs adjusting. He lost that green tinge at work that he had from home. Half point to my vote to every mini I have voted on from that machine.

Nice skin tones and conversion work. For some reason, I keep thinking of that 2Pac and Dr. Dre video for California Love (the Mad Max ripoff). I wouldn\'t tustle with him in broad daylight, much less a dark alley :rolleyes:

i as well have been looking at the mini for some time and have been trying to think of something other than the HOLY CRAP YOUR AMAZING comments that keep comming to my head...soooo...

i really like the lighter color of the hilt, makes it \"pop\" from the mini, the dark jem is realy good, and i love the 2 different styles for each pant leg, will you please do an article for the skin tone? its a work of art in and of itself. the only only only thing i can think of is maybe paint the ring on the sword a different color from the sword itself? the war paint looks awesome, good color choice...all in all one heck of a mini.:flip:

thanks to all of you.

Ipaintminis, it isn\'t a gem. sorry it is a spike, the angle does make it look that way though.

I am rather bothered that the people who are voting 7 or lower will not comment. I am glad to hear positives but I\'d like to know what is wrong with the mini so I can improve in my next one.

It\'s really quite hard to see the details on this one, so if you want critique you can work with perhaps you should post some bigger pics.
    What I can say is that you might want to spend more time painting the eyes.
    And another tip for black skin: try working with thin purple washes. Does wonders and helps making the skin look less leathery.
    There you have a comment by someone who voted a 7.

thanks, I\'ll try the purple thing as I have 1 more black guy in my warband so I\'ll need a slightly different skin tone.

that\'s a great mini, really impressive and original!

anyway, try to repost it in vertical so we could see it even better!

Great job!

Luca

I don\'t think I can update the image... well that sucks.. I\'ll have to upload it to my site and put the link in the description.

I hope this works for ya\'ll I went ahead and did a quick picture. cropped out the background also. Here ya\' go. a close up.

Very impressive Smoth. Nice work.

Originally posted by Smoth

I hope this works for ya\'ll I went ahead and did a quick picture. cropped out the background also. Here ya\' go. a close up.
    A few things I notice from the close up. the blending on the knee pad, boots and left wrist gaurd (the leather one) all need 1-3 more mid-tones to smooth out the highlights. Also the bandages and belt seem sorta sloppy compared to the rest of the paintjob. The belt needs to be highlighted in certain areas while the bandages look sort of chalky.

Really just nit-picking however those are the things I would improve upon to bring this guy up a few marks.