Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 109

Thread: Frequently Asked Question

  1. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTFGamer View Post
    Funny... I had one miss all three shots two turns straight before becoming points for my opponent. Anything can happen in dice games. Nothing can be counted on 100%.
    So, one time at band camp your Ostrich, as unlikely as it is, missed it's shots and then died. Well that's all the data I need to know it's fine... Maybe even underpowered right?

  2. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joshuar56 View Post
    So, one time at band camp your Ostrich, as unlikely as it is, missed it's shots and then died. Well that's all the data I need to know it's fine... Maybe even underpowered right?
    Sorry to have upset you @joshuar56.

    I haven't seen the Ostrich unit be all that overpowered in my games. I do agree that the Hacksaw upgrade is THE upgrade to take if the scenario allows you the resources and time to field it. But "Break" the game? Where is the data to support that claim? You really find it more devastating than a Sturmpanzer with a range 3 Strategic Objective clearing Cyclops? Isn't it situation and up to choices each side has made up till the tanks in question can be fielded?

    I'm not trying to be inflammatory, but we are allowed to discuss things in the forums and not blindly agree with everything said right? My comment didn't go into depth, but it was only meant to say... "Not sure I agree with that!" I'm open to and welcome any comments. I've been wrong many times in my life and I'm sure many of my theories on this game may be proven false.

    Shall we discuss?

  3. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTFGamer View Post
    Sorry to have upset you @joshuar56.

    I haven't seen the Ostrich unit be all that overpowered in my games. I do agree that the Hacksaw upgrade is THE upgrade to take if the scenario allows you the resources and time to field it. But "Break" the game? Where is the data to support that claim? You really find it more devastating than a Sturmpanzer with a range 3 Strategic Objective clearing Cyclops? Isn't it situation and up to choices each side has made up till the tanks in question can be fielded?

    I'm not trying to be inflammatory, but we are allowed to discuss things in the forums and not blindly agree with everything said right? My comment didn't go into depth, but it was only meant to say... "Not sure I agree with that!" I'm open to and welcome any comments. I've been wrong many times in my life and I'm sure many of my theories on this game may be proven false.

    Shall we discuss?
    The rapid assault 2 is what breaks it. No tank should have assault, much less assault 2. It gets first strike on the SP by assaulting it, while tank shocking, and dropping a flat grid attack. Then if the SP stands there and shoots back at it, the next turn the Ostrich shoots the SP again, drops another flat grid, and moves out of range. Then what does the SP do? Move up and get shot next turn, and watch the ostrich move away again? Stay where he is and get assaulted next turn? Move back and put himself out of the game? It's just a much much much better tank than the SP. It gets 3 attacks on the SP, before the SP gets it's second. It also gets 5 attacks before the SP gets it's 3rd (and it'll be dead before that) And it has answers for everything. Rapid assault is probably the most powerful ability in the game, and putting it on a heavy tank was not a good idea, in the interest of balance. Especially not RA2. I think the SP probably should have been range 3, but then Rommler would need a different buff.

  4. #44

    Default

    This discussion might be better if moved to its own thread. However, my 2 cents. Saying that the Ostrich is broken because it can beat the Sturmpanzer in a 1-on-1 combat is like saying that the allied infantry are broken because a squad of them will destroy a squad of Blight infantry. You shouldn't send a SP after an Ostrich alone. He should have infantry backup, preferably housed in a bunker or SO so that they can't get tank shocked.

  5. #45

    Default

    Ok, my group who have begun playing this with me have some extra questions. I did a quick look over and I feel the answers to these haven't been as clear as we would like, I'm sorry. If these are repeats or already clear, I am sorry for wasting your time.

    1) A Flat Grid attack. This attack attacks the entire grid. However: is it one roll to decide the fate of everyone or is it one roll for each square in the grid?

    2) Rolling with multiple dice increases your chance of a hit. HOWEVER: does rolling three sixes mean you attack three times, and damaging a unit three times, or is one attack one damage point?

    3) Dash says that the unit moves X additional grids durrying the combat phase, however it says nothing about being unable to attack afterwards and/or move afterwards. Is dash JUST a movement instead of an attack, or is dash just a way to get them in range before attack, but allows movement afterwards (unlike rapid assault).

    4) Why do minefield not cause damage to all who enter the grid? How come only non-infantry are effected? I feel infantry would be effected by a stepping on a mine... just my own opinion. Is this a balance issue, or a mistype in the rules?

    5) During my demo, anyone could spawn in spawn locations, including none-infantry spawning in bunkers. The rules state only infantry can be in bunkers, period. I assume this means only infantry can deploy in the bunker spawns?

    6) People who are immune to gas... are they immune to the baron's attacks all-together, or can he still damage them with a direct attack, they are just not effected by the gas clouds?

    Sorry about the unload. I have another rivet event comming up and I'm trying to cut down on the "but"s and "if"s that might arise.

  6. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by comedianmasta View Post
    Ok, my group who have begun playing this with me have some extra questions. I did a quick look over and I feel the answers to these haven't been as clear as we would like, I'm sorry. If these are repeats or already clear, I am sorry for wasting your time.

    1) A Flat Grid attack. This attack attacks the entire grid. However: is it one roll to decide the fate of everyone or is it one roll for each square in the grid?

    2) Rolling with multiple dice increases your chance of a hit. HOWEVER: does rolling three sixes mean you attack three times, and damaging a unit three times, or is one attack one damage point?

    3) Dash says that the unit moves X additional grids durrying the combat phase, however it says nothing about being unable to attack afterwards and/or move afterwards. Is dash JUST a movement instead of an attack, or is dash just a way to get them in range before attack, but allows movement afterwards (unlike rapid assault).

    4) Why do minefield not cause damage to all who enter the grid? How come only non-infantry are effected? I feel infantry would be effected by a stepping on a mine... just my own opinion. Is this a balance issue, or a mistype in the rules?

    5) During my demo, anyone could spawn in spawn locations, including none-infantry spawning in bunkers. The rules state only infantry can be in bunkers, period. I assume this means only infantry can deploy in the bunker spawns?

    6) People who are immune to gas... are they immune to the baron's attacks all-together, or can he still damage them with a direct attack, they are just not effected by the gas clouds?

    Sorry about the unload. I have another rivet event comming up and I'm trying to cut down on the "but"s and "if"s that might arise.
    1) One roll for each target.
    2) 3 sixes is still only one point of damage.
    3) Dash allows you to move twice but you get no attack (one movement for dash and a second movement during movement phase).
    4) ... Just the way it was designed, I guess. I don't believe it was a typo.
    5) Only infantry can spawn in bunkers.
    6) I don't know this one. My guess is that they would be immune from the entire attack. Care to chime in, Ted?

  7. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by comedianmasta View Post

    3) Dash says that the unit moves X additional grids durrying the combat phase, however it says nothing about being unable to attack afterwards and/or move afterwards. Is dash JUST a movement instead of an attack, or is dash just a way to get them in range before attack, but allows movement afterwards (unlike rapid assault).
    Also Dash is an Action, and u can attack or use an action (point 3 of combat phase order, page 16 of the rulebook)

  8. #48

    Default

    considering the cost of the unit with dash (The Blight Tank) and the fact he doesn't move much as is, we've been playing you move once, attack, and then can move afterwards. it hasn't been game-breaking yet. IDK.

  9. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by comedianmasta View Post
    considering the cost of the unit with dash (The Blight Tank) and the fact he doesn't move much as is, we've been playing you move once, attack, and then can move afterwards. it hasn't been game-breaking yet. IDK.
    So, you've made Dash an upgraded Rapid Assault? Considering that so many people consider Rapid Assault to be game-breaking, I don't think making Dash better is a good idea.

  10. #50

    Default

    Don't think anybody has said Rapid Assault as an ability is game breaking, just that it can be in certain situations. The Panzer does need something extra I feel though, it rarely gets picked when we play, unlike the Ostrich which gets on table as soon as viable.

  11. #51

    Default

    I think it would all depend on the group you play with, for our little group the Sturmpanzer is often on the table simply because of its morale effect, it does become a shot magnet taking the heat off everyone else. Der Cyclops and the extra pip of tank shock make it great for clearing out Allied infantry, so you can get your lads onto the frontline and tak ethe all important points

    The RA for the Ostrich is fine but if you are using it to shoot and then retreat to my mind you are giving up the initiative and if the Blight infantry can get forward as above they can "swamp it if it comes forward again. Given you win most games by taking objectives (big caveat there of course) getting and keeping the most units on the frontline generally is a good strategy

    I believe the second wave is going to change a lot around as there will be more options for anti armour available (as will others) and so the tactical choices are going to be even more interesting.

    For my two cents there are no broken units in the game at the moment just a couple that in the right circumstances are very difficult to counter, but as the "general" you need to identify that advantage or plan against it.

  12. #52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willyc View Post
    I think it would all depend on the group you play with, for our little group the Sturmpanzer is often on the table simply because of its morale effect, it does become a shot magnet taking the heat off everyone else. Der Cyclops and the extra pip of tank shock make it great for clearing out Allied infantry, so you can get your lads onto the frontline and tak ethe all important points

    The RA for the Ostrich is fine but if you are using it to shoot and then retreat to my mind you are giving up the initiative and if the Blight infantry can get forward as above they can "swamp it if it comes forward again. Given you win most games by taking objectives (big caveat there of course) getting and keeping the most units on the frontline generally is a good strategy

    I believe the second wave is going to change a lot around as there will be more options for anti armour available (as will others) and so the tactical choices are going to be even more interesting.

    For my two cents there are no broken units in the game at the moment just a couple that in the right circumstances are very difficult to counter, but as the "general" you need to identify that advantage or plan against it.
    You don't give up the initiative when you can just RA back... You are just preventing your oponent from being able to shoot you back. You're going to try and swarm the tank that can tank shock 2 spaces, drop a flat grid attack and 2 more attacks? And by the way, I've never seen an Ostrich not supported by infantry, and they are pretty good at killing blight infantry.
    Last edited by joshuar56; 03-02-2014 at 10:47 AM.

  13. #53

    Default

    Alright, I feel the tank talk has flooded the FAQ. Why not move it to it's own discussion?

    Also:

    6) People who are immune to gas... are they immune to the baron's attacks all-together, or can he still damage them with a direct attack, they are just not effected by the gas clouds?


    This was never answered by anyone. I know it's a good question, it just effects the flow of the entire game and I have a "Main Street" Sceenario planned where the Baron would be really useful. I just want to take a second swing on getting this answered. Any ideas?

  14. #54

    Default

    As Baron only makes a Gas Attack, if a model is immune to gas then it is immune to the attack.

  15. #55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hithero View Post
    As Baron only makes a Gas Attack, if a model is immune to gas then it is immune to the attack.
    Hmm... idk. I perceive it more as his attack created a gas cloud. I mean, obviously he attacks with gas or a canister, but I kinda see it more of they are immune to the clouds then to the attack. IDK. It makes the Baron less... underpowered? I mean you would still role a damage dice for the gas strike action card, right? It doesn't really say what the attack, IS, just that it creates a gas cloud after.

    IDK... maybe it's just me trying to make the blight more diverse...

  16. #56

    Default

    Just wishful thinking I think Nothing in the rules to suggest that the gas happens after, and there is a gas symbol next to his attack type, so its only a gas attack.

  17. #57

    Default

    *sigh* Ok. Well, that cuts down his usefulness by half, in my opinion. Shame...

  18. #58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by comedianmasta View Post
    *sigh* Ok. Well, that cuts down his usefulness by half, in my opinion. Shame...
    Nah, he rocks, particularly on narrow maps. People say rapid assault breaks the game, but rapid assaulting riflemen and rocket bikes can be killed prior to getting their shots off, or it can be a deterrent making players think twice about entering an area.

    Also to ensure no confusion, dash allows a total of three grids moved for a Sturmpanzer. 2 in the combat phase and another in the movement phase.

  19. #59

    Default

    For my input, and I could be wrong on this, I would hope that most backers saw the potential to Ted's vision and went for blitzkrieg pledge, meaning most of us have all those other units yet to factor in with as yet unknown stats. Who knows what damage a sturmy can do with the back up of a blighter man-tank or heavy doomwheel, so calling anything game breaking is as yet a bit premature I think.
    I do have another question though that I think Ted may have answered but can't find. We have been playing it that only standard infantry get the duckboard\runner bonus move, and infantry heroes just have to catch up if they can. Am I right in thinking that Ted said somewhere that the ability applies to all infantry type units but the game went to print before the change could be made or am I just being hopeful?

  20. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daddymaykadarobots View Post
    I do have another question though that I think Ted may have answered but can't find. We have been playing it that only standard infantry get the duckboard\runner bonus move, and infantry heroes just have to catch up if they can. Am I right in thinking that Ted said somewhere that the ability applies to all infantry type units but the game went to print before the change could be made or am I just being hopeful?
    I second this question. Is this a thing? This changes EVERYTHING (not really, but this would make blight a little less gimpy).
    ~Lieutenant Nathaniel Flint of the Landship Scorpios


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Privacy Policy  |   Terms and Conditions  |   Contact Us  |   The Legion


Copyright © 2001-2016 CMON Inc.

-->