Storing Rivets - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Storing Rivets

Oh right. I think I'm planning on selling off some of the extra Rivets. So it'd be awesome if I could fit 1 faction per box, and then another box for Brighton. You sure about the thickness?
    (I didn't get Heavy Metal, but I'd assume that'd be a box in itself?)
    The Pirate Deck - Now on Kickstarter
    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardga...he-pirate-deck

If you're serious about selling off some of your extra rivets p.m. Me first, please.
    Sky

Not sure what you mean by 'thickness', but one box with 2 inf and 1 cav foam will hold 80 infantry and 21 bike-sized cavalry.
    Heavy Metal is just 2 tanks, so they will take up 2 cavalry slots each.

I guess 'depth'? Just making sure all the dimensions are covered
    Thanks again for doing the leg-work.

Quote Originally Posted by binarysunrise View Post
    I guess 'depth'? Just making sure all the dimensions are covered
    Thanks again for doing the leg-work.
    Not at all, it's helped me decide what I need as well

Quote Originally Posted by hithero View Post
    I believe these are cheaper than most, if not all, boxes with foam even with international shipping. I've done a tally up of the Blitzkreig package and I'm thinking we need 2 boxes, 3 cavalry foam and 2 infantry.
    Thats 80 slots for the infantry and we would use about 66 of them maybe only 33 if we double up, which most should do.

Each cavalry foam has 21 slots, the grid sized vehicles will take up 2 slots (cut away the dividing bit of foam, and we are getting about 36 slots worth, so leaves 27 slots, so the 2 planes should easily fit in that.

I reckon Battle of Brighton will take up 2 cavalry foams, the vert tanks and big wheels of doom should fit in the case above.

I have been trying to work out if this works for me, and what I will need, as this Kickstarter is ending very, very soon. I notice that the cavalry foam slots are only 1.25 x 2.75 inches, yet the RW cavery bases are wider, at 1.5 inches, while the bikes & 65 pounders are also 1.5 inches tall and the machine guns & mono wheels are 2.0 inches tall.

Can you explain further how you see all the pieces fitting? As the Rivet Wars machines seem to be to big to fit nicely. Where do you see the 2 Ostriches fitting? I also think you might be underestimating how deep the plastic bunkers ans S.O.s are going tho be. The bunkers do have a bit of a wall to them.
    Last edited by Skritter; 02-17-2014 at 06:35 AM.

You will find that the foam is very flexible and it doesn't matter if models stick proud by a 1/4" or so. If the bike bases don't fit then you can place in upside down, with the base resting on the top of the foam. In the case of the Ostrich, that can be laid down, just cut the intervening foam wall vertically and you will have a pocket 2.75" square that will fit the base perfectly. Looking at it again, I'm not sure if the cavalry foam is 2.25" deep for the pocket or total foam depth, in which case the Ostrich could be laid down with its base against the box side, the foam then placed on top would go around the protruding base. I've done this plenty of times with other awkward sized models.

You will always have these problems with any model range and foam tray's, but they are easily modded to suit. You would probably need a tank foam for some of the planes, Tall vehicles and terrain could go in there.

Not having the terrain sizes, it's difficult to see how best to fit them in a case but a bit of trial and error and a bit of modding is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by hithero View Post
    .....Not having the terrain sizes, it's difficult to see how best to fit them in a case but a bit of trial and error and a bit of modding is needed.

I gather we can assume the cardboard pieces give us a clue to 2 of the 3 dimensions

What are you getting exactly in the Mini Boxes, and what RW did you Kickstart? I got one of everything available including the alt Infantry, B. of B., Heavy Metal.

These would be good for some Zombicide as well.

Well, if we're all doing this. Let's work on the exact breakdown of what we think will fit. Let's suppose we have 4 boxes and the following foam slices. Will this all fit?

Box 1: Blight
    Infantry foam - 40 infantry
    (24 infantry, Jager Konig, Baron Tankken, Romler plug, 4 Trench Raiders, 3 Canine Units, 3 dogs, Cruel Minie x2?, Iron Chancellor x2?)
    (R100, Elsa Frost, Dora Rollen, Baron Munchen, 6 Baron Munchen's Guards, 3 Plague Troops, 2 Turrets)
    Cavalry foam - 21 bike-sized cavalry
    (2 Sturmpanzer, 8 Monowheels, 4 MG08 Schlitten, Romler Car, 3 Landkrieger, 3 Doom Wheels)

Box 2: Allies
    (24 infantry, M2 Wolverine, Patson plug, 4 Mountaineers, 3 Canine Units, 3 dogs, Terror Nova x2?, Uncle Rivet x2?)
    (The Vet, Cher Ami, Lt. McCleod, 6 McCleod's Guards, 3 Clockwork Soldiers, 2 Turrets)
    Cavalry foam - 21 bike-sized cavalry
    (2 Ostrich, 8 Rocket bikes, 4 Hammer 65Pounder, Captain Parman, Patson Walker, Edwina Brassledun, 3 M3 Vertical Tanks, 3 M7 Boss)

Box 3: Battle of Brighton
    Cavalry Foam
    Cavalry Foam
    (2 bombers, 4 fighters, 8 scouts, 2 AA tanks, 4 AA turrets, Charles Yooger, Volker Hawken, Red Baron, Reme Funck, plastic plane supports)

Box 4: Box Components
    Infantry Foam
    (Dr. Vorne, Jetpacker, Babygirl, Man in Charge, Rosie the Riveter, Atomic Robo, Treasure Hunter)
    Tank Foam
    (6 plastic bunkers, 6 plastic objectives, tank traps, barbed wire, minefields, board
    Heavy Metal - Otto Kuleman plug, William Durgle plug, M11 Double Play, Gryphon's Hammer)
    Last edited by binarysunrise; 02-17-2014 at 10:54 AM.

I've got one of everything RW coming too. That's a good selection of foam Binary, should cover almost anything you use them for. Another option is to use the RW box for the boards and you can use a foam on to carry any awkward sized models and the terrain pieces.

Ok, so what do you think of that break down? It looks like you can easily fill 1 tray and a half of infantry for both factions (if you are keeping all of the Blitz pieces, and if you bought everything)

Could you fit the Heavy Metal in with the Battle of Brighton?

Then the other issue is that I think the Cav tray is overflowing for both factions.....
    Maybe a better breakdown would be 2 boxes for Allies, and 2 boxes for Blight (putting the appropriate planes and heavy tanks in with them)?

I'm thinking the Bombers and fighters will have to go in the tanks foam along with the heavy metal due to height, its just so hard to tell if they will all fit or not. It might be prudent to get 2 of these and loose 3 infantry trays. Am also think that the wheels may have to lay down to fit in a cavalry tray so taking 2 slots each or go in a tank foam. As its impossible to get all of one side in a box, how about for each side:
    Box 1: Tank Foam, for large planes and tanks/mono wheel plus 1 infantry tray
    Box 2: Cav foam and 2 infantry foam.

I think this will be good with room to spare.

Another thing, if you do find model height a problem, you can flip a layer over to go on top. Your good with writing lists BTW

Lol. I like lists. Here's what I'm thinking of doing. I took out 12 duplicate infantry from both sides, and left out the alt. infantry (since I didn't order them. I also didn't order Heavy Metal, but I figure I'll get it at some point). This might be closer to fitting, but I have to figure out more how many of the non-single-unit figures take up 1 cavalry space, how many take up 2 cavalry spaces, and how many need to be put in the tank foam. So....

Box 1: Blight #1
    Infantry foam - 40 infantry (used 37)
    (12 infantry, Jager Konig, Baron Tankken, Romler plug, 4 Trench Raiders, 3 Canine Units, 3 dogs, Cruel Minie, Iron Chancellor, R100, Elsa Frost, Dora Rollen, Baron Munchen, 3 Plague Troops, Otto Kuleman plug, Volker Hawken plug, 2 Turrets)
    Tank Foam
    (Gryphon's Hammer, 2 Sturmpanzer, 3 Doom Wheels )

Box 2: Blight #2
    Cavalry foam - 21 bike-sized cavalry(large pieces take 2 slots)
    (8 Monowheels, 4 MG08 Schlitten, Romler Car, 3 Landkrieger)
    Cavalry foam - 21 bike-sized cavalry (large pieces take 2 slots)
    (1 bomber, 2 fighters, 4 scouts, 1 AA tank, 2 AA turrets, Reme Funck, plastic plane supports)

Box 3: Allies #1
    Infantry foam - 40 infantry (used 38)
    (12 infantry, M2 Wolverine, Patson plug, 4 Mountaineers, 3 Canine Units, 3 dogs, Terror Nova, Uncle Rivet, The Vet, Cher Ami, Lt. McCleod, 3 Clockwork Soldiers, William Durgle plug, Charles Yooger plug, 2 Turrets)
    Tank Foam
    (M11 Double Play, 2 Ostriches, )

Box 4: Allies #2
    (8 Rocket bikes, 4 Hammer 65Pounder, Captain Parman, Patson Walker, Edwina Brassledun, 3 M3 Vertical Tanks, 3 M7 Boss)
    (1 bomber, 2 fighters, 4 scouts, 1 AA tank, 2 AA turrets, Red Baron, plastic plane supports)

Misc to put somewhere
    Dr. Vorne, Jetpacker, Babygirl, Man in Charge, Rosie the Riveter, Atomic Robo, Treasure Hunter
    6 plastic bunkers, 6 plastic objectives, tank traps, barbed wire, minefields, gameboards

Well, what did you boys end up getting/ordering from the KS?

I got a 6 pack hoping to use them for some Zombicide as well. Yet to decide what foam configuration to do. The project creator said he will let people add their order post the KS within a short time (14 days). I might up my pledge to a 10 pack, yet!

I've got a 10 pack coming and splitting it with a couple of others. Not 100% sure on final foam layout yet, but for 3 boxes I might be getting 2 of each foam as I think the planes are going to be the hardest to pack safely and I have a ton of other infantry foams I can use if need be.

All the planes will have the stands as well to consider. If the planes are removable from their stands, we will need separate storage for them, and if they need to remain on the stands, that will provide even more of a challenge to pack effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFGamer View Post
    You mentioned you just "plucked" the foam out. How does that work exactly? Never used this type of case before...

The foam is gridded with cuts, so you just pluck out the bits to suit your model. I actually find using normal foam is just as good, is not better, and just cut the dividing foam out with scissors as the foam remains stronger due to no having all the little cuts in it.

I use a butter knife to trim the connectors off and make my "Pluck" easier.

I use KR multicases, this particular one has a 36 deep troop pockets on the top layer and a pick n pluck layer on the bottom capable of holding 12 large rivet bases.

I swear by these things, I own about 25 now! spacious, robust and lots of different foam options, I buy the cardboard versions, never had any issues and no need for any expensive fancy pants style alluminium cases

As you can see from the picture, for larger minis such as the rivet artillery I simply snip one side of a divider and bend it round, this way if need be I can still use it to hold its full quota of smaller figures

One box comfortably holds all the contents from the Rivet starter set, when the wave two gear lands I will probably divide the miniatures between two similar cases, a blight box and allied box

Oh, they range in cost from £20-£25 depending on foam, wouldn't be surprised if they release a rivet specific foam set in the future