Version 3 2 Shael Han Card Discussion

Thread: Version 3 2 Shael Han Card Discussion

Default Version 3 2 Shael Han Cards Discussion

Dragon Legionairres still have, "Deflection" and are missing, "Healing Vapors" ability.

Please fix.

Edit to add...

Its amazing what refreshing a PDF which has cookies from the previous version does...
    Last edited by Lord ThornShadow; 02-12-2014 at 01:54 AM.
    EGO sum in vestri substructio caedes vestri populus!

I think the changes to the Legionaries are pretty neat, but I have a question about the Legion Keeper's Defensive Insight.

Diamond Wall: Replace the highest non-overpower, non-strike result on this model's defense chart with Parry.

What does this do for the model trying to benefit from it?

In the previous version it replaced the lowest Strike with a Parry, which kept them alive longer. I guess it's good that Diamond Wall doesn't do this any more in conjunction with Healing Vapors, but I don't understand what use the current Diamond Wall is supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender_101 View Post
    I think the changes to the Legionaries are pretty neat, but I have a question about the Legion Keeper's Defensive Insight.

Diamond Wall: Replace the highest non-overpower, non-strike result on this model's defense chart with Parry.

What does this do for the model trying to benefit from it?

In the previous version it replaced the lowest Strike with a Parry, which kept them alive longer. I guess it's good that Diamond Wall doesn't do this any more in conjunction with Healing Vapors, but I don't understand what use the current Diamond Wall is supposed to be.
    That almost has to be a typo. Otherwise, it's incredibly situational (replace a shield with a parry which if rolled defeats sundering, e.g.) and would dramatically slow play or just be forgotten.

An official word here would be good to have. Mr. Black? Derek? Beuhler?

It should read non-over, strike result.
    Throne of Angels

Are you WATCHING?

AKA - AngelicOne

Thanks for clearing that up. I'm glad that it was just a typo and that the ability is still really cool.

Though now I wonder whether Diamond Wall stacking with Healing Vapors seem a little much for Rank 1 Infantry? Only being wounded on 8, 9 or 10, and then having a 50% to ignore the 8 or 9 seems like these guys are more than tough with proper positioning.

Hmm, that is a good point since it should stack with Diamond Wall in its current wording seeing as Healing Vapors is not a stance but an ability. That means that this is pretty big and what I at first thought as an undeserved minor boost is turning out to be a pretty big buff which I still really dont see why it was required in the first place.

Now with the combination of their leader they are a match for the toughest rank 1 infantry even though Hadross is supposed to be the tank faction. So not only are they as hard to kill but are also faster, deploy farther up, have a better melee (due to feint) and can boost that even more through inspires. If anything I think the Defender Lineman should have gotten a boost instead.

Also shouldnt the Defensive expertise read "When this model is the defender of an attack, before results are applied (not generated)..."

Also, don't know if people have noticed this, but stacking them with a Fulung Devourer just behind for the Radiance of Dawn Stance (Strong Will, so a re-roll on failed will checks with a +1 bonus)? Add that to the mix and as long as you can keep you legionnaires together, it's even stronger! Plus you have an awesome dragon throwing crazy lightning bolts like it did in that demo Haven't actually been playtesting stuff yet, just looking over the rules and reading all the comments carefully, but that was one that jumped out right away to me with this new update that no one's really been talking about yet....

Quote Originally Posted by Crewgar View Post
    Also, don't know if people have noticed this, but stacking them with a Fulung Devourer just behind for the Radiance of Dawn Stance (Strong Will, so a re-roll on failed will checks with a +1 bonus)? Add that to the mix and as long as you can keep you legionnaires together, it's even stronger! Plus you have an awesome dragon throwing crazy lightning bolts like it did in that demo Haven't actually been playtesting stuff yet, just looking over the rules and reading all the comments carefully, but that was one that jumped out right away to me with this new update that no one's really been talking about yet....
    /conspiratorial whisper on
    "shhhh! The nerf bat is lurking!"
    /conspiratorial whisper off

Oh, btw - Belated thanks for the correction Derek. I thought I had replied when I saw your reply. Apparently I shut my device down before it actually finished posting, as I was on my way out when I hit post.
    Last edited by Lord ThornShadow; 02-12-2014 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crewgar View Post
    Oh man the Devourer makes Healing Vapors pretty nuts. Luckily the Fulung's Radiance of Dawn Stance won't stack with the Diamond Wall as they're both Defensive insights, but still, talk about tough. Though the Fulung could be in base contact with a Legionaire and could benefit from Diamond Wall, which is humorous. I wonder if this is a stress test for the Shael Han to see if the stackable buffs are too much, or simply a slight oversight by the developers.

Very minor correction on Stat cards: Deathbloom's Blade of the Celestial Winds reads:
    Bounce(3): When the dice for this attack are assigned, you may assign 1 additional die to up to (1) additional models within 3" of the defender, ignoring LoS.
    It should be:
    Bounce(3): When the dice for this attack are assigned, you may assign 1 additional die to up to (3) additional models within 3" of the defender, ignoring LoS.