Official Dwarf images raise concerns about production quality at Games Workshop

Thread: Official Dwarf images raise concerns about production quality at Games Workshop

Exclamation Official Dwarf images raise concerns about production quality at Games Workshop

Hey guys,

like almost everyone we hastily devoured the first official pictures of Games Workshop's Dwarf release. Today, the first leaked pictures of the Dwarf Gyrocopter trickled down the Internetz.

And while some discussion on whether one likes or dislikes the new designs will certainly go on (I love the new slayer for example, don't care for the egg-plane-copter), we found something a little more disconcerting in these pictures: possible quality issues.

As always, we will give you all the core information here, but our famously long wall of text of our popular mini-series about "The Future of Games Days and Games Workshop" won't be posted here as formatting the content for and answering comments on multiple forums is just too much work with thousands of views and hundreds of comments and PMs

So here's the gist, physicist:

First of all, this is not the end of the world. Some of us won't care, others will now how to deal with this (aka sandpaper).

In the picture below you see three sections taken from screenshots of official GW pictures. In the middle you see a section of an Ironbreaker that is available on their website now and left and right you see segments of the leaked images of the Dwarf Gyrocopter thingie. You now where to find the full images, I did not want to show them, fearing the wrath of the Legal Inquisition.

Name:  GW stepps.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  116.7 KB

The pictures show what seems to be fingerprints. In fact these are not fingerprints but so-called "stepping lines" caused by not cleaning up the digital designs prior to production of the injection mould. Did this slip through multiple nets of GW's Quality Control or is that a new, acceptable standard for the best plastic miniatures in the world?

If you would like to read the whole episode (part 12) or join our discussion on the subject, you can find it here.
    Be warned, it might be a little more satirical that some may care for and this time we really eggsaggurate. I warned you thusly

SHARE & ENJOY!

Zaphod Beeblebrox

PAINTINGBUDDHA - Where YOU learn to BE a BETTER painter!

I suspect, that the 'EM team gets 3d prints/quasi-prototypes to paint before production and those were really not cleaned properly.
    It'll be good to see(from reviews of those who buy dwarves) if the production models have the same problem or not.

ohh and grat for the articles they are a really good read. (and please hurry with S1.2-1.3 I can't wait to see them)

Blog Entries

Love the GW plastics, I would like to think that MAXXxxx is right!! Surely something as ugly and obvious as those lines would not have been accepted by the quality control guys where expensive moulds are concerned....

dfb

My Gallery Here

CMON Rank: Will paint for Jelly Beans...

I remember this happening previously with Frodo from one of the LOTR lines...If I recall correctly, the official announcement was that the painting department gets very early run to work with and that they refine the model up until retail delivery. In other words, this is nothing new and is just 'par for the course...
    If you can name your paint colors blindfolded....you might be a brushlicker

I have to agree that this is nothing new.

BUT despite the failures of GW's policies towards its customers and business I'm beginning to find the continued targeting of GW with negativity depressing and irksome.
    Can you not find a more positive way to raise concerns?
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

I had a similar thought.

Despite some of the recent issues, I have to say that my personal history
    with GW is intertwined with some very precious memories of bonding with
    my two sons ( especially since they lived 600+ miles away for some of
    their youth ) over plastic, metal and paint.

I continue to be hopeful that, with all the excellent IP they have, somehow
    they will figure this all out.

This site was built on constructive crit for the rendered product. I will
    commit to a higher standard of treatment for those who supply the raw materials.

Even if they do have their heads up.....oops.....sorry......

I live down in Dorset with the cider and the combine harvesters yaargh!

Seems like sensationalism to drive clicks for revenue to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    I have to agree that this is nothing new.

BUT despite the failures of GW's policies towards its customers and business I'm beginning to find the continued targeting of GW with negativity depressing and irksome.
    Can you not find a more positive way to raise concerns?
    this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

DR, CF and ten ball - agreed

Again, pretty sure MAXXxxx has it spot on - they get resins to paint, and as you can imagine, tight deadlines may lead to the things like this slipping through. Not saying it's right but it's not really a shock and you can't say they are trying to hide anything.

I love what I've seen of the dwarves so far myself. Can't justify a 4th WHFB army at the moment though

I am not sure that I agree with the overall sentiment in the thread. When they are already in dire straights both on a PR side, as well as from a business side, it becomes much more critical to correct the errors. Not doing so only reinforces the negative imagery. While the article itself is a little inflammatory and dramatized, I can't fault it for the overall messages that someone in the chain should have found that. If you can get five people down a chain, and no-one catches it prior to official publication, then that whole team needs a serious chastising, or a firing at worst.

Speaking of great looking dwarves.....

Holy Sh*t

Must have.....

http://www.planetfigure.com/threads/...-scale75.62085

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cfwheeler58 View Post
    Speaking of great looking dwarves.....

Holy Sh*t

Must have.....

http://www.planetfigure.com/threads/...-scale75.62085

You EVIL EVIL man...must fight temptation...hand stop reaching for credit card.....AUUUGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Check out more of my wife's photography at: http://thereasagwinn.com

Why choose Space Wolves over other chapters?
    ‘They are desperate, and as savage as beasts.’
    Magnus lost his smile.
    ‘I no longer think of them as animals, Ahmuz, though I once did. I now think of them as the purest of us all. Incorruptible. Single-minded. The perfection of my father’s vision.’
    Excerpt from Battle of the Fang