New Gameplay Video is up!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Gameplay Video is up!

Default New Gameplay Video is up!

In this video we have myself playing the villain and David playing the troll in House Hadross vs. House Goritsi!

Excellent report again, your battle reports are the best bar none. They have a panoramic view so you can see what's going on, close ups to see the amazing models, the cards flash up so you can follow the rules and tactical talks to let us why you are doing what you are doing. 10/10.

One thing though, I find it odd that the game stops immediately a force is reduced to zero morale, which kinda makes it disappointing that a game can be won on a single die roll, have you not tried it where the game finishes at the end of a turn?

Haven't had time to watch this yet, but thank you so much for pitting these two together! I've been anxiously awaiting a chance to see how you Dev types play these two factions. I'll post again after I watch it.
    Last edited by Lord ThornShadow; 02-05-2014 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Spelling/grammar
    EGO sum in vestri substructio caedes vestri populus!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord ThornShadow View Post
    Haven't had time to watch this yet, but thank you so much for pitting these two together! I've been anxiously awaiting a chance to see how you Dev types play these two factions. I'll post again after I watch it.

I was going to take it easy on David, but midway through the game he showed me he had been doing his homework. My mistake for believing otherwise- he's cunning like that.

Quote Originally Posted by CMON Mr. Black View Post
    I was going to take it easy on David, but midway through the game he showed me he had been doing his homework. My mistake for believing otherwise- he's cunning like that.
    Watched it finally over my lunch break...

It appears David almost blew it himself twice. First when he got greedy against your leader with his Blood Engine (it appeared he could have gone after more grunts and healed up fully). Second was when he blocked his dancer's attack vector with his Skorza. Even then, did you guys measure out if he could have skirted the Skorza on the bottom of turn 3 and still got a leap that could have clipped the base edge of your spearman?

Watched it finally over my lunch break...

It appears David almost blew it himself twice. First when he got greedy against your leader with his Blood Engine (it appeared he could have gone after more grunts and healed up fully). Second was when he blocked his dancer's attack vector with his Skorza. Even then, did you guys measure out if he could have skirted the Skorza on the bottom of turn 3 and still got a leap that could have clipped the base edge of your spearman?

I'm sure both of us could have made some better plays (in fact looking back I count several), but the nature of the videos, as well as how they're shot- we just keep it friendly and (hopefully) entertaining.

I'm sure both of us could have made some better plays (in fact looking back I count several), but the nature of the videos, as well as how they're shot- we just keep it friendly and (hopefully) entertaining.
    They're all very entertaining! I've done a few podcast games with photos and lots of discussion between turns, so I know what you mean. Videos would add to it.

Could he have got to you on turn 3? Taking the imperative initiative roll of turn 4 out of the equation?

Mr Blk - any response to my query why the games has to end immediately an army reaches zero morale instead of ending at a turn end? Not liking how a close game will go to whoever rolls the highest initiative at the end of the game, seems to be a bit of a let down after a close fight.

Quote Originally Posted by hithero View Post
    Mr Blk - any response to my query why the games has to end immediately an army reaches zero morale instead of ending at a turn end? Not liking how a close game will go to whoever rolls the highest initiative at the end of the game, seems to be a bit of a let down after a close fight.

So this is actually something we've been testing, and you may see implemented. I will say I am a fan of this method, but as per anything, testing before action.

So this is actually something we've been testing, and you may see implemented. I will say I am a fan of this method, but as per anything, testing before action.
    Hithero - Do you have any suggestions for a fix that doesn't radically change the rest of the game? I'm in agreement with you, but I can't think of anything right now that'd work without killing other elements I like.

Not it that either of us are on the dev team, but it's obvious CMoN is listening.

Hithero - Do you have any suggestions for a fix that doesn't radically change the rest of the game? I'm in agreement with you, but I can't think of anything right now that'd work without killing other elements I like.

Not it that either of us are on the dev team, but it's obvious CMoN is listening.
    Just to end the game when a complete turn is finished and not immediately when a player reaches zero, this doesn't effect the rest of the game at all. Currently it's like ending a game of football on a flip of a coin when the scores are level - a real anti-climax, it was just watching, it must be awful if you were to lose that way.

If the result is still a draw at the end of a turn, you could play one more turn to see if there is a winner, if not the game is a draw.

I really enjoy these videos as I got into the KS late and still don't have a firm grasp on the rules. With that said, what I struggle with most are resolving attacks on models that have higher armor values. I get that it takes two hits to cause one wound, but when there is a combined attack by multiple models, I get lost. Sorry for the total noob question.
    Last edited by robbrechter; 02-26-2014 at 08:19 PM.

This was the most entertaining of any CMON video for any Kickstarter game of yours that I have seen so far. Really enjoyed it.

This was an entertaining video which demonstrated some interesting tricks with the two factions. I enjoyed the shield-less phalanx maneuver of the Hadross, I'm looking forward to seeing how my own werewolves and vampires will react to such a move.

I thought this was a fine improvement over the previous video, and I look forward to the next one.

Thanks guys glad that you enjoyed it. I had a ton of fun, but at the end of the day, we do these videos for you, so that the backers can get an idea of how each army functions and get use to the stats on the cards. This way, when you do finally get the game in your hands, you will have a basic idea on how to play WOK and can play your first game without having to read through the entire rulebook. Unfortunately, there are no blueprints to make gameplay videos. All we are doing is learn each time we make one of these videos and try to make each video more informative and more entertaining than the last one. We are super excited about WOK, and we will do our best to bring you a final product that you will enjoy.

Thank you for all your support, we have a lot planned in the up coming weeks. As soon as the team returns from Temple Con, we will do more updates.

P.S. go team Jacob!

Quote Originally Posted by borg View Post

P.S. go team Jacob!
    Funny side story - When my oldest daughter was at Freshmen Orientation at her university four years go, we watched as her orientation leader said he needed to divide up the group.

He pointed to his right and said, "Team Jacob over here." Then, pointing to his left, "Team Edward over here." The group quickly did as they were told and were fairly evenly divided, except for my daughter who had not moved.

The leader rolled his eyes and said, "You've got to be kidding me! A teenage girl who hasn't read twilight or seen the movies?!?!?!"

To which my daughter replied, "Both actually. I was just waiting for you to tell me where Team Selene goes, because Kate Beckinsale's character from the Underworld movies would kick both their butts at the same time!"

This is where the group leader lost all control as about 80% of the Team Edward & Jacob folks stepped back into the middle and formed Team Selene.

One of my proudest moments ever as a father.
    Last edited by Lord ThornShadow; 02-06-2014 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Readability

At the 27min mark could those spearmen actually go and attack that skorza due to the Baleful Shadows on the Blood Engine? Shouldnt that ability have prevented at least 1 of the spearmen from advancing towards the skorza since he was definitely within 3" of the Blood Engine?

As for the idea to go to the end of the turn... well I think that will just create more headaches than anything. Sure its a little weird that the game suddenly ends but then again armies suddenly routing off the field of battle due to losing their nerves ends things suddenly. There have been numerous events in history where battles could have gone either way had one side's nerve not broken before the other one. Just like in this video and the previous one... had the turn kept on going the losing player could have probably caused a moral loss back to tie up the game. Then what do you do? Keep going until all models are dead? I think that would just needlessly drag out the game even longer.

Quote Originally Posted by feketelovag View Post
    At the 27min mark could those spearmen actually go and attack that skorza due to the Baleful Shadows on the Blood Engine? Shouldnt that ability have prevented at least 1 of the spearmen from advancing towards the skorza since he was definitely within 3" of the Blood Engine?

As for the idea to go to the end of the turn... well I think that will just create more headaches than anything. Sure its a little weird that the game suddenly ends but then again armies suddenly routing off the field of battle due to losing their nerves ends things suddenly. There have been numerous events in history where battles could have gone either way had one side's nerve not broken before the other one. Just like in this video and the previous one... had the turn kept on going the losing player could have probably caused a moral loss back to tie up the game. Then what do you do? Keep going until all models are dead? I think that would just needlessly drag out the game even longer.

You could always make Willpower more important. After hitting 0 Morale, take a Willpower Check for each model. If they fail, remove them.

Honestly I like the idea of 0 Morale causing the game to end immediately. But, maybe you get one more activation before the game ends? That way if the game is 1:1 at the start of the turn, you have a chance to force a tie. Makes the Initiative roll important but not "I won Initiative, I win the game".

I quite like the Morale loss system. Although in real terms it's no different to a 'first to score x points wins' system, I like the pressure of feeling your own score counting down as your opponent succeeds in their objectives.

One thing though, for me the problem with 'win initiative, win the game' is actually the initiative roll. It's a problem in every single game I've played that uses it, simply because it's such an important factor to rest on one die roll. What about only having an initiative roll for the beginning of the game? Then every turn one player goes first, the other second. Or if that gives too big a (dis)advantage, maybe you just always alternate activations across turns (so if I take the last activation of this turn, in the next turn you will go first).

Quote Originally Posted by RogueStar View Post
    You could always make Willpower more important. After hitting 0 Morale, take a Willpower Check for each model. If they fail, remove them.
    That's an interesting concept but it would be a nightmare to balance due to the varying willpower values. I'm not sure how I feel about the whole "win last initiative, win game" scenario. It seems in every game we've seen the morale is VERY close and it always comes down to that last roll.