Glue? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39

Thread: Glue?

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CMON_Leif View Post
    However I am going to start putting up mini conversion painting stuff as well once I get my WOK in too =).
    just make sure you get yours with priority, so even when we'll still be waiting for them you can tease with unboxing, conversions and painted up minis.

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keats View Post
    I use regular super glue and haven't had any problems..
    Super glue is a very unflexible glue, I do not like to use it with plastics. If plastic cement will not work, I think I will take 2-epoxy glue.

  3. #23

    Default

    @Maxx, I will see what I can do. I actually dont ask to get my stuff before any backers, this time I probably will so we can start putting up some battle reports for players =). And I can do an unboxing for you guys as well!

  4. #24

    Default

    Episode 31 is filmed...I'll post a link once the edits are done!
    Throne of Angels

    Are you WATCHING?

    AKA - AngelicOne

  5. #25

    Default

    I picture your room littered with cut strips of film covering the whole CMON factory floor, those are some serious edits! Drop us a line if you get lost in there!

  6. #26

    Default

    These are all done at home sir, on my own time.

    Should have things done and posted sometime tomorrow.
    Throne of Angels

    Are you WATCHING?

    AKA - AngelicOne

  7. #27

    Default

    Yikes, then I'm glad you love the hobby enough to do this in your spare time. Thanks!

  8. #28

  9. #29

    Default

    Finally got a chance to watch, little pig little pig was pretty funny. I didn't realize you were working on RK shipping, what is that 3 full time jobs now? Thanks for answering all the questions, the non metallics look good. For the gloss finish on the skin it may make them look sweatty, which would be fine for combatants. I am painting the giant C'thulu and trying to make it look slimey so will finish it with gloss sealant. I have about 15 different shades and colors of metallics so I don't do much nmm work myself.
    Nice video

  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CMON Derek View Post
    It's my pleasure sir! Ep31 is live:

    http://youtu.be/wqIlqADPDQY
    Thanks a lot!

  11. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keats View Post
    Finally got a chance to watch, little pig little pig was pretty funny. I didn't realize you were working on RK shipping, what is that 3 full time jobs now? Thanks for answering all the questions, the non metallics look good. For the gloss finish on the skin it may make them look sweatty, which would be fine for combatants. I am painting the giant C'thulu and trying to make it look slimey so will finish it with gloss sealant. I have about 15 different shades and colors of metallics so I don't do much nmm work myself.
    Nice video
    We're a small company, sometimes we wear a couple extra hats when the need arises.

    Thanks for the feedback!
    Throne of Angels

    Are you WATCHING?

    AKA - AngelicOne

  12. #32

    Default

    I have this -=> http://www.amazon.com/Testor-Corp-Li.../dp/B0006N6ODS

    Would this be acceptable for the WoK miniatures?

  13. #33

    Default

    I have glued my entire Hadross army with Citadel plastic glue. I would not use it again because it seems to not react with my Zip Kicker. I just ordered some Zap Gap on Amazon. I have traditionlly had great luck with it and Zip kicker.

  14. #34

    Default

    I've used both plastic glue and superglue on my Hadross. The superglue has been easier to work with overall, but the plastic glue works to lubricate some of the tighter peg/hole fits for limbs...particularly at the wrist.

  15. #35

    Default

    Plastic glue will not work on these models at all. It functions by melting ABS or HIPS plastic and these are made of PVC, so no melting. Also there are no plastic glues that will work with Zip Kicker, that is ONLY for superglues.

  16. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nico2828 View Post
    I have glued my entire Hadross army with Citadel plastic glue. I would not use it again because it seems to not react with my Zip Kicker. I just ordered some Zap Gap on Amazon. I have traditionlly had great luck with it and Zip kicker.
    Zip Kicker only works with Super glue. It will not work with plastic glue at all...
    ‎"01001001 00100000 01000001 01001101 00100000 01000111 01010010 01000101 01000001 01010100!"

    http://thegobbo.tumblr.com/

  17. #37

    Default

    I have two types of plastic glue I tried using, Testors Red and Plastruct Plastic Weld. The Testors did not work at all, the joints came apart the next day without any issue. The Plastruct did work as it melted the joints for a solid bond. It definitely took a bit longer than normal, and I had to apply a bit more, but it works. The Plastruct is labeled as a multi-purpose glue, is very thin and is applied with a brush attached to the cap.

    I'm always hesitant to use super glue with plastics, but if the Plastruct hadn't worked I think that would have been my fall-back.

    Hope this helps.

  18. #38

    Default

    I use gorilla glue super glue. It remains a tad flexible after curing which helps prevent that join fail when dropped.

  19. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teskal View Post
    Super glue is a very unflexible glue, I do not like to use it with plastics. If plastic cement will not work, I think I will take 2-epoxy glue.
    Gorilla Glue has a "rubberized" super glue that I use. It is very nice as it keeps a good bond, but has a slight flex to it so a drop will not usually let it break.
    ‎"01001001 00100000 01000001 01001101 00100000 01000111 01010010 01000101 01000001 01010100!"

    http://thegobbo.tumblr.com/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Privacy Policy  |   Terms and Conditions  |   Contact Us  |   The Legion


Copyright © 2001-2018 CMON Inc.

-->