Treasure Hunter Promo
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Treasure Hunter Promo

Default Treasure Hunter Promo

The Treasure Hunter Promo is a special promo that is available exclusively to ACD distribution. ACD was the first distributor to jump in head first, believed in the game sight unseen and bought the promotion with a massive order. Bare in mind, the kickstarter is just the beginning of the long journey that Rivet Wars is about to take. Our job is to make sure that there is excitement and support at every level of our supply chain. We rewarded our kickstarter backers for their support by making countless promos exclusively for them. But for the game to survive and grow, we need to also take care of our distributors and retail stores, so that they too can have the same excitement in selling Ted's products. You can count on other promos and game night kits as well, just so there are no surprises.

How do you get the Treasure Hunter?

Retail stores can order directly from ACD distribution. I am not sure how it works, but as far as I know, they got a fix number of Treasure Hunters, and they either give away one per box game purchased or tag on a nominal fee. Beyond that we have a small amount left for give-aways at conventions that we are attending. Just like we have no plans on selling any KS promos directly, we don't have plans to sell any retail promos either.

Obviously, most of you are not going to purchase another copy of Rivet Wars just to get the promo, but we are going to have a lot of ways that will enable players like you to own one of these promos. We will give these out for community participation, scenarios ideas, unit ideas, painting contests, tournaments and Legion members that demo Rivet Wars should contact Derek for details.

Please remember European backers

Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    Please remember European backers
    An us Aussies as well!

I really appreciate the update. News like this, before something is sprung on us, keeps people (like me) from over reacting. I want to see Rivet Wars go on and on. So I appreciate the efforts you are making to that end.
    Sky

How do I apply for them? A friend and I are demoing RW at a convention, Skirmish on 16th March.

I have the same question as hithero. we have several local cons that I was going to run multiple RW games at.

Also, if promos are all about generating excitment, then why is there no listing for any RW product on the website? Even coming soon pics might get some "walk-by" traffic.
    Sky

same as Hithero, i'll demo the game in France, JFJ on 9th March, and other cons later in the year. with my own localization of card & rulebook
    Supportes TES CouleurS et embrasse TA Douille !

Since this looks like the official "Treasure Hunter" promo thread, I'll post this again. I recently updated my "Rivet Wars Mythos" thread with it, but in case you missed it:
    Name:  treasurehunter.jpg
Views: 795
Size:  46.1 KB
    Treasure Hunter - The recorded history of Rivet goes back many millennia. Scores of civilizations have risen and fallen in that time and left behind clues, not only of their existence, but of their lost supernatural powers. The Treasure Hunter is a scholar of these lost civilizations and the artifacts they have left behind. He believes that by unlocking these clues a lost power may once again be wielded by the inhabitants of Rivet. But will it be possible to control that power once unleashed?
    The Pirate Deck - Now on Kickstarter
    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardga...he-pirate-deck

Quote Originally Posted by borg View Post
    The Treasure Hunter Promo is a special promo that is available exclusively to ACD distribution. ACD was the first distributor to jump in head first, believed in the game sight unseen and bought the promotion with a massive order. Bare in mind, the kickstarter is just the beginning of the long journey that Rivet Wars is about to take. Our job is to make sure that there is excitement and support at every level of our supply chain. We rewarded our kickstarter backers for their support by making countless promos exclusively for them. But for the game to survive and grow, we need to also take care of our distributors and retail stores, so that they too can have the same excitement in selling Ted's products. You can count on other promos and game night kits as well, just so there are no surprises.

How do you get the Treasure Hunter?

Retail stores can order directly from ACD distribution. I am not sure how it works, but as far as I know, they got a fix number of Treasure Hunters, and they either give away one per box game purchased or tag on a nominal fee. Beyond that we have a small amount left for give-aways at conventions that we are attending. Just like we have no plans on selling any KS promos directly, we don't have plans to sell any retail promos either.

Obviously, most of you are not going to purchase another copy of Rivet Wars just to get the promo, but we are going to have a lot of ways that will enable players like you to own one of these promos. We will give these out for community participation, scenarios ideas, unit ideas, painting contests, tournaments and Legion members that demo Rivet Wars should contact Derek for details.
    Exciting! The moment I got into Zombicide, and saw Rivet Wars, I was hoping it would have the same support and retail ideas with game night boxes and the like. Can't wait for the future of Rivet, but everyone, don't forget to enjoy the present game either!

By the way Borg, this wasn't your "surprise", was it?

Thanks Borg, for clarifying things for people. Sorry If I muddied the waters a bit. I didn't think I was the first or only to have been contacted in the way that I was and certainly didn't mean to make work for you.

anyone else having trouble finding the application form?

edit: i just emailed legion for a form, waiting to hear back.

edit again: removed email, sorry!
    Last edited by Bubo; 02-11-2014 at 10:29 AM.

Hey Rivetheads!!!

Borg asked me to drop in and let you all know that we're working very hard on doing many special things for all the fans and backers of this fantastic game!

In specific regards to the Treasure Hunter figure, Legionnaires who run 4 or more separate demo's of the game (in your store, club or at a convention) may order one as part of their reward perks.

What is a Legionnaire you ask? A Legionnaire is a member of CMON's demo army The Legion. Gamers who want to share, promote and be involved with any and all of the games that we produce. For details and requirements on joining The Legion please contact me directly via email at legion AT cmon DOT com.

Are you Legion???

There will also be other ways to win or earn models in the future. We are planning on painting contests, tournaments and many other promotions, stay tuned to the normal channels for details and announcements as we are continually working out details!

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me personally - derek AT cmon DOT com
    Throne of Angels

Are you WATCHING?

AKA - AngelicOne

thanks derek! wish i had known about this sooner, would already be qualified for the treasure hunter. :P ah well, better late than never.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubo View Post
    thanks derek! wish i had known about this sooner, would already be qualified for the treasure hunter. :P ah well, better late than never.
    I look at that "Introducing the Game" thread I made and think of all of us spreading the Rivet-dom!

I believe he sends it to you as a better way to mitigate and have more control over it/avoid bots.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubo View Post
    anyone else having trouble finding the application form?

edit: i just emailed legion@cmon.com for a form, waiting to hear back.
    LOL, Derek takes the precaution of writing 'DOT' so spam bots don't grab the email, and then you post it

@Miller @Skritter We need everyone around the World to spread the word on Rivet Wars. Believe it or not, CMON is a small company, and Ted is a one man wrecking machine, so we need all the help we can get. Help us get the word out in Europe, Australia or anywhere else for that matter!

@Lance King I understand where you are coming from, and when there is no information, people normally assumes the worst... welcome to the internet. But know that whatever we do, we do to please our fans and further the game, there is no hidden agenda. The reason why we don't have that on our site is because 1) retail products has not arrived, and 2) I think ACD's pre-order is all spoken for

@JonLenine If you are interested in translating Rivet Wars into French, please contact me directly through pm or david at cmon.com

@Binarysunrise Don't think I forgot about all the work you have done since day 1. pm me your shipping info

@Crazyjuan I am going to kick your ass but seriously, as much trouble you caused me, the reaction that you demonstrated tells me how happy and excited you were to get the gift, how much you care about the game, and that is the reaction that we dream about. And we want everyone who plays Rivet Wars to feel the same.

@Bubo and anyone else for that matter that already demoed the game, contact Derek and we will work something out. Not a big deal.

@knatebaker Not really, kinda

One last note about Legion. If you don't tell us that you are helping us, we can't reward you. And the reward does not stop at the promos, you can use those Legion credits to get anything on our site, 6000 + items; you can get paints, extra tiles, extra minis, or maybe a new game!

Ted has tons of awesome ideas in his head, let's help me make all of it come true!