Treasure Hunter Promo - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Treasure Hunter Promo

Quote Originally Posted by borg View Post
    @Miller @Skritter We need everyone around the World to spread the word on Rivet Wars. Believe it or not, CMON is a small company, and Ted is a one man wrecking machine, so we need all the help we can get. Help us get the word out in Europe, Australia or anywhere else for that matter!

@Lance King I understand where you are coming from, and when there is no information, people normally assumes the worst... welcome to the internet. But know that whatever we do, we do to please our fans and further the game, there is no hidden agenda. The reason why we don't have that on our site is because 1) retail products has not arrived, and 2) I think ACD's pre-order is all spoken for

@JonLenine If you are interested in translating Rivet Wars into French, please contact me directly through pm or david at cmon.com

@Binarysunrise Don't think I forgot about all the work you have done since day 1. pm me your shipping info

@Crazyjuan I am going to kick your ass but seriously, as much trouble you caused me, the reaction that you demonstrated tells me how happy and excited you were to get the gift, how much you care about the game, and that is the reaction that we dream about. And we want everyone who plays Rivet Wars to feel the same.

@Bubo and anyone else for that matter that already demoed the game, contact Derek and we will work something out. Not a big deal.

@knatebaker Not really, kinda

One last note about Legion. If you don't tell us that you are helping us, we can't reward you. And the reward does not stop at the promos, you can use those Legion credits to get anything on our site, 6000 + items; you can get paints, extra tiles, extra minis, or maybe a new game!

Ted has tons of awesome ideas in his head, let's help me make all of it come true!
    I didn't mean to sound disappointed! Excited actually! But you know, 2 surprises are always better than one

I like this Legion idea. I'm a fairly big advocate for Zombicide recently in my area and have been for Super Dungeon Explore for ...I think years now. I'd love to get rewarded for having fun and spreading the joy that is gaming. It's almost too good to be true. The free advertising is probably nice too

One last note about Legion. If you don't tell us that you are helping us, we can't reward you. And the reward does not stop at the promos, you can use those Legion credits to get anything on our site, 6000 + items; you can get paints, extra tiles, extra minis, or maybe a new game!
    To be honest I think anybody here would demo the game for nothing (and already have), but now we have to sign up for Legion to be able to collect all of the game we love, and thats the sad, disappointing part of all this. Still at leasts it's better than FFG who actually charge you to demo for them, go figure :/

Borg,
    I really do think you guys are great (in spite of my occassional crankiness) and have said so on many occassions and many posting everywhere. I did not realize that you are a small company. You really act (I mean this as a compliment) a lot bigger than you are then. Your kickstarters have been impressive. Your products engaging. Your display and people at Origins was impressive! My wife hates Zombies but she loved your booth and people. She wanted to get into Victorian gaming and one of your guys (I wish I could remember who) took her over to another vendor to set her up. That is exceptional.

And if you will forgive a Zombicide story here, I made my adult children sit down and play Zombiecide with me (I feed them on Sundays). The reaction was amazing. They took over. We now play huge (20-24 tiles) games on a regular bases. We have three generations (8-12 players) around the table. They have taken to "borrowing" the game and playing with their friends. So instead of beer pong they are playing Zombicide. In fact, one of the guys now has his whole family (again 3 generations) playing the game. Over Christmas we played a two day 14 hour adventure and followed up with another game three days later.

The good news is that the same thing is happening with Rivet Wars. I get asked every weekend where is the rest of the stuff. So you can see I am under a lot of pressure. All my sons are currently in or recently ex-military! I have to keep them happy!

So please, keep making great games but if you can provide old worriers like me with a bit more info!
    Last edited by Lance King; 02-11-2014 at 11:48 AM.
    Sky

How do you sign up for Legion?

Quote Originally Posted by hithero View Post
    To be honest I think anybody here would demo the game for nothing (and already have), but now we have to sign up for Legion to be able to collect all of the game we love, and thats the sad, disappointing part of all this. Still at leasts it's better than FFG who actually charge you to demo for them, go figure :/
    Sky

@Bubo and anyone else for that matter that already demoed the game, contact Derek and we will work something out. Not a big deal.

Ted has tons of awesome ideas in his head, let's help me make all of it come true!
    Thanks Borg, will do. I honestly didn't even know about the Legion until today, but am excited about the credit system.

Here's to hoping we'll see many many more expansions & rivets for years to come!

for those of you hoping to get this figure through ACD distribution, here's the official word:

"We only sell to retailers. Also, to get the mini, the store would need to buy the game from us as well.

Thanks,

Darrell F. Wyatt
    Sales Manager
    ACD Distribution LLC"

i'm guessing you'll need to get your local shop to purchase the game & mini for you, but it sounds like they must still have them in stock.

also, here's the link to their site, type in 'Rivet' into the search bar. the game & treasure hunter pop up. http://onlinestore.acdd.com/eportal/...ducts_ACD.aspx

I've sent a request for application to both Derek and Legion. I hope I can get this in place before the convention on Friday. I want credit!
    Last edited by WTFGamer; 02-11-2014 at 12:23 PM.

might outta take the emails out of your message wtf. bots 'n all. (i already made this mistake today :P)

Edited. Thanks for the heads up Bubo.

This seems to translate to, if you're a KS backer, you either have to buy another copy of the game to get him, or jump through a ton of hoops, and even then it's not guarantee you'll get one...

Quote Originally Posted by joshuar56 View Post
    This seems to translate to, if you're a KS backer, you either have to buy another copy of the game to get him, or jump through a ton of hoops, and even then it's not guarantee you'll get one...
    Have ya signed up to be legion and heard back on the procedure or is that all just pessimistic speculation?

another bit of info from Darrell at ACD: "It is 1 per game. As we will have stock on them."

the mini is $10 on their site.

so, there you have it, one sure way to get the mini is to get a retailer to order you a copy from ACD & to request/order the mini with it (while supplies last). Otherwise, keep posting, keep playing, and hope you'll be rewarded by the c'mon staff - or win a competition, etc. (all stated in borg's post).

Quote Originally Posted by Bubo View Post
    for those of you hoping to get this figure through ACD distribution, here's the official word:"We only sell to retailers. Also, to get the mini, the store would need to buy the game from us as well. Thanks, Darrell F. WyattSales ManagerACD Distribution LLC"i'm guessing you'll need to get your local shop to purchase the game & mini for you, but it sounds like they must still have them in stock.

Is bringing something to the game community too much work? You seem to be happy with KS exclusives, and now someone else gets an exclusive for doing something else great. You paid for your exclusives through funding. Now you can pay for this one with helping the gaming community and spreading the good word. Did you expect more for free?

I guess I just don't understand, and want to understand, but am unable.

Quote Originally Posted by knatebaker View Post
    Is bringing something to the game community too much work? You seem to be happy with KS exclusives, and now someone else gets an exclusive for doing something else great. You paid for your exclusives through funding. Now you can pay for this one with helping the gaming community and spreading the good word. Did you expect more for free?

I guess I just don't understand, and want to understand, but am unable.
    I would actually prefer if there were no exclusives/chase figures at all. This goes for CMoN's other games as well. It's a huge turn off for me. I had already been considering dropping Zombicide and getting a refund for my Relic Knight and Wrath of Kings pledges. This just might be the last straw. I also don't expect anything for free, I'd gladly pay for this mini. I just don't want to be forced to buy another copy of the game to get him (I already got 2 through the KS). A company can still support and grow a community without creating these hard to get exclusives. I've already had one friend pass on the game because he saw the rocketeer, and wasn't happy that he wouldn't be able to get that fig for the game without having to go through ebay and pay through the nose.

@WTFGamer You have nothing to worry about, we will take care of you. I know who you are. I remember you from CMON Expo.

@Lance King Thank you for your kind words, your post made my day. It is stories like yours that tells me that we are making worthwhile games. Games that bring people and family together. In fact, we just received an email from troops in the Middle East playing Rivet Wars. I will post that up later. Lance, thank you for your continual support and I thank your sons for their service!

@joshuar56 We cannot please everybody all of the time. If you are unhappy with our products, our services or our direction, our customer service reps are standing by to offer you a refund on all outstanding campaigns.

Oh man, that would have been so good to know. My wife forwarded my copy to me here in Afghanistan, and I got a lot of the guys here totally into it, it was awesome to play. One of the guys wanted to show it off to some of our guys up in Bagram, so he took it up there, and somebody there needed it more than we did, so there won't be anymore demo's here for me, haha. So I've got to wait until it hits retail when I get home.

I did make it to the CMON Expo last March in Atlanta, and it was great fun. Had a good time talking to the Pro Painters there and trying all the Demo games. The shopping was awesome. You wouldn't believe that CMON is a small company, they put on a great time!

One of my sons is in his second enlistment in the Marines. They are down in NC but whenever he comes home the first thing he says (after Hi Mom) is when are we playing Zombicide?? The Christmas game consisted of me, three of my sons, my daughter, two daughters-in-law and three grandsons. My wife - who hates zombies so bad and goes away so as not ot even HEAR The Walking Dead - watches the babies!
    Sky

I'll jump through hoops but it won't be pretty!

Sky