Treasure Hunter Promo - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Treasure Hunter Promo

My god, there really isn't a middle finger large enough for stuff like this. I backed everything 100% because of the fact that I'll never be able to buy it at retail due to not having a store within hundreds of miles that sells specialty games. I shudder at the amount of money I'm going to have to shell out for one of these on eBay to add to what's become my favorite game. Ted if you're out there, please don't do this. People like us can't get these promos any other way than contests we can't win or eBay.

I love over your game but I can't back something that goes out of its way to create gougers. Eliminate all exclusives, make it all available to purchase for non gouging prices please.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded_Gamer View Post
    ...the amount of money I'm going to have to shell out...
    You don't have to do anything. You know, you don't have to have this model to enjoy the game. And if you want the rules/abilities this hero comes with, I'm pretty sure they've been posted for free. Feel free to proxy a model.

Seriously people, relax. Examine your priorities. It's a little plastic toy in a sea of plastic toys, all just a little different from the next. "Oh, but this one has a slightly different hat on! I MUST HAVE IT!!!!!" <rolling eyes>

Quote Originally Posted by Tauwolf View Post
    You don't have to do anything. You know, you don't have to have this model to enjoy the game. And if you want the rules/abilities this hero comes with, I'm pretty sure they've been posted for free. Feel free to proxy a model.

Seriously people, relax. Examine your priorities. It's a little plastic toy in a sea of plastic toys, all just a little different from the next. "Oh, but this one has a slightly different hat on! I MUST HAVE IT!!!!!" <rolling eyes>
    You don't really know the Dark Side of the Collectors (and I'm one of them)

Haha, yeah, I'm well aware that some people have that collector gene. But for people to say they will refuse to support an amazing game with hundreds of pieces because they don't have easy access to one little plastic model.... When they themselves will have many pieces that people who didn't KS won't have access to.... Ugh....

Yes sir, and for convenience, here's the stats again.

He's 3dp/1 rivet to deploy, movement 2, 1 armor, 2HP. Range of 1 land only. Gets one chain attack of 2 dice vs armor 1 only. 2vp when killed.

Special ability: "we found gold!" At the beginning of your deployment phase, if this unit is in no man's land, roll 1d6.
    1-2 "came up dry!"
    3-5 gain one deployment point.
    6 gain two deployment points.
    Last edited by Crazyjuan; 02-12-2014 at 04:30 AM.

Thats the thing about loving the game and being a collector and wanting a complete collection, there is nothing wrong or unusual in that. Some people feel that way, some don't. I too want every model I can for this game and it is a kick in the bits when you can't, people can't see how disappointing that can be.

One thing about a game like Zombicide and all the exclusive survivors. It is relative easy to proxy in a replacement mini from a 3rd party source and play with the rule set for the piece. As a collector, one might not have all the original sculpts for the game, but a full gaming experience can be enjoyed as a player of the game.

As a long time Blood Bowl player, I as well as the overall Blood Bowl community, have enjoyed the game experience and full rule set provided, but the need to own original GW game pieces is not even considered necessary by the BB community as a whole. 3rd party proxies are quite prevalent and some times even preferred with much customization.

But with Rivet Wars, the game pieces/sculpts are so unique that it is nigh impossible to even proxy in a substitute, or yet even passable proxy to enjoy the gaming experience. Thus including exclusives in Rivet Wars, with the sculpts and rule sets introduced, I can see will become a frustrating experience for those that want to enjoy ALL this game has to offer.

I for one, wish to enjoy ALL, that Rivet Wars is and will be!

Quote Originally Posted by hithero View Post
    Thats the thing about loving the game and being a collector and wanting a complete collection, there is nothing wrong or unusual in that. Some people feel that way, some don't. I too want every model I can for this game and it is a kick in the bits when you can't, people can't see how disappointing that can be.
    But see, as a Collector myself, I see this as the best part. Are these really "chase" miniatures? I don't think so, because it isn't randomly distributed. Is it hard to get? Yes, but it is obtainable and not just through spending gouging prices on eBay. As a Collector, this makes it even better when I get that mini. I can't wait.

couldn't agree more knate. sometimes having something to want is better than having it, and makes getting it that much more exciting. i want a full set of rivet wars figures, every one of them... but what if that's not possible? will it ruin my life, or ruin my gaming experience. not a chance. if i can't ever locate this figure (for a reasonable sum, or get one sent to me ), maybe i'll sculpt a little indie mini myself, and just print a mock-stat card, and put him in the fight.

Same, I'm in the process of selling some Zombicide promos due to my recent fun medical bill (curse you pneumonia), and it's very very hard to do. But I know I can get them again someday. People's interests are always changing, and some will always be for sale friends. But even better, RIVET WARS IS JUST STARTING folks, barely even out of the gate, so everyone take a breather, and realize you can get it, just put a little effort in.

Like I said, you can earn some things with loyalty, money, and/or contribution. But sometimes only one of them will work.

Also, that's just the way it is. It might be best to move on to the acceptance stage like I did

Quote Originally Posted by Bubo View Post
    couldn't agree more knate. sometimes having something to want is better than having it, and makes getting it that much more exciting. i want a full set of rivet wars figures, every one of them... but what if that's not possible? will it ruin my life, or ruin my gaming experience. not a chance. if i can't ever locate this figure (for a reasonable sum, or get one sent to me ), maybe i'll sculpt a little indie mini myself, and just print a mock-stat card, and put him in the fight.
    Yep a penny glued to a base or a paper doll. That's the game I backed right there. And to me what's the point in even trying to collect the game at all if the company that makes the game creates parts of the game that are impossible to get? I don't like exclusives, at all, I want them to make the KS minis widely available. Even timed exclusives I could deal with, but the "We made 10 of them so screw you everyone else" mentality just rubs me the wrong way. Sadly CMON and most heartbreakingly Ted have lost any future support from me, my group, and anyone who expresses interest in their product to me.

I'm sorry you feel that way Jaded_Gamer. I just wish people could be happy with the game they have. Just because you don't agree with the company doesn't mean you can't enjoy and already awesome game that is in the base set...trust me, I'm not rich. I barely afforded the KS and in hindsight shouldn't have backed. I ended up having to auction off games to get this one. I love having just the base set!

I guess I just don't understand that mentality. Not down talking anyone. Just don't understand it.

We'll miss having you in the fight!
    Last edited by knatebaker; 02-12-2014 at 10:51 AM.

It's really the same lack of understanding with me. You what, make 100 or so promos to sell exactly 100 more games and then disappoint the other 500 people who want to collect. Exclusives are wrong, maybe timed stuff isn't as wrong, but it's all just a way of excluding customers from your entire line and alienating players who want to support you but can't because there's no outlet to get the product.

But there is an outlet. Multiple ways of getting it. That and it'll probably be in the first game night box so they don't have to make another mold. Similiar to Zombicide making an exclusive for map editing be in the first box, so that they can move onto the next promo.

Yeah, it sucks if you can't get it, but you can. Anyone who wants to has the ability to get it without spending money.

Ultimately, I don't think this discussion has much value. CMON has been doing their exclusives for awhile now and I don't think they'll stop. I tend to agree with Jaded_Gamer, but not to the point where I am going to quit playing CMON games. I bought some decently priced proxies for the Zombicide S1 promos that weren't made available, I bought Kyoko when ebay was flooded with her and her priced dropped to $10, I backed Zombicide S2 and RW for their exclusives and WoK for its Zombicide exclusives. I'll keep trying to get my hands on the Treasure Hunter, Audrey, and the various Gaming Night Kits for their survivors (probably through ebay or becoming a Legionnaire).

In the end, if I were a game maker, I would rather have people playing my game than jumping through hoops for the privilege of playing my game. I would rather people pay me money to play my game instead of paying money to people on ebay. CMON obviously feels differently, so I'll jump through hoops and spend my money on ebay. That's the way I game, and it's no worse or better than how anyone else games.

I'm concerned that this attitude is going to make CMON rethink offering more figures. I *want* more. I don't care if I can't afford them (I didn't get the Rocketeer or the Heavy Metal). I just want the Rivet World to be as rich and varied as Ted can make it. It's awesome that there's the Treasure Hunter figure now. Maybe I'll be able to pick one up some time. But that chance to get it *won't* be there if the figure wasn't made. So keep up the good work, CMON. And who knows, when the Western Front KS shows up this fall (right??), perhaps the Treasure Hunter will reappear. (along with many, many new friends)
    The Pirate Deck - Now on Kickstarter
    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardga...he-pirate-deck

Quote Originally Posted by knatebaker View Post
    But there is an outlet. Multiple ways of getting it. That and it'll probably be in the first game night box so they don't have to make another mold. Similiar to Zombicide making an exclusive for map editing be in the first box, so that they can move onto the next promo.

Yeah, it sucks if you can't get it, but you can. Anyone who wants to has the ability to get it without spending money.
    I'm sorry man, but I just don't see the ways. It's a hundred miles or more to the nearest hobby shop that doesn't even have board games here. So I can't be a legion guy or order through a store. I'm not a creative guy so winning an asinine design contest is well out of the realm of possibility for people like me. CMON and Ted have purposely created a product that is impossible for people who used to support the game to get and until enough gamers speak up and tell them to stop doing it then there's no point in furthering my support just to be forced by a company that cares less about players to give my money to eBay gougers as the one and only outlet for a product that should be sold at retail.

Quote Originally Posted by binarysunrise View Post
    I'm concerned that this attitude is going to make CMON rethink offering more figures. I *want* more. I don't care if I can't afford them (I didn't get the Rocketeer or the Heavy Metal). I just want the Rivet World to be as rich and varied as Ted can make it. It's awesome that there's the Treasure Hunter figure now. Maybe I'll be able to pick one up some time. But that chance to get it *won't* be there if the figure wasn't made. So keep up the good work, CMON. And who knows, when the Western Front KS shows up this fall (right??), perhaps the Treasure Hunter will reappear. (along with many, many new friends)
    Doubtful, more people like it than dislike it binary. No worries! And just to clarify, I'm not a fan of exclusives. I just understand that this is how it works, and CMON is one in a sea of a world full of businesses doing this.

Jaded_Gamer, I understand that obviously you probably won't be able to get it without eBay. I'm not that creative either, and I'll probably get it on eBay someday or something if my flgs' fall short. I'm not arguing that it kind of sucks. I'm just trying to show you that there are hundreds of minis, a hundred or so of which are different, and that's just the blitzkrieg package and addons. I guess I just wish you could enjoy the ton of game there is, even in just the base set, instead of getting a little stuck on a figure you may not even use very much, in such a way that you'd drop the entire game. Now the collector in me is screaming in my ear, trust me, it's painful, but have you played the game much? Its extremely fun, there is a map editor, so the randomness and rules are endless, and with the multiple expansion packs coming out, its going to be endless in the ways you can play, and the strategies!

This game is fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyjuan View Post
    Yes sir, and for convenience, here's the stats again.

He's 3dp/1 rivet to deploy, movement 2, 1 armor, 2HP. Range of 1 land only. Gets one chain attack of 2 dice vs armor 1 only. 2vp when killed.

Special ability: "we found gold!" At the beginning of your deployment phase, if this unit is in no man's land, roll 1d6.
    1-2 "came up dry!"
    3-5 gain one deployment point.
    6 gain two deployment points.
    Let's talk about something more interesting. How good/bad is this guy? For fighting, he's kind of meh. He has a chain attack, but only against infantry. I suppose he could be useful for clearing out an SO, since he has 2 dice, but I always seem to miss the first attack when I do that...

His ability... seems double-edged. You can get extra deployment points, but only 2/3 times and ONLY if he is in no-man's land. So, you have to put him in harm's way, where he is worth as many victory points as a TANK!

As much as I want him, I'm not even sure how much I would actually use him. Sending someone as squishy as him out with a 2VP bounty on his head seems very foolish.

Suggestion: Use the alternate Terror Nova sculpt you'll be getting to use as a Treasure Hunter.