News from the REAL Eastern Front

Thread: News from the REAL Eastern Front

Default News from the REAL Eastern Front

We recently received an email from SGT Carkeet in Afghanistan and would like to share it with all of you here:

Greetings CoolMini:
    My comrades and I currently deployed to Kuwait in support of Operation Enduring Freedom received our copy of "Rivet Wars" last week. We played our first couple games in our living quarter's common area/laundry room. Due to the game's immense popularity we moved our meeting location to the Camp Arifjan Red Cross Center.

Attached are a few photos of "Rivet Wars" in action on the front lines. We hope to send a few more pics of our gang in Afghanistan playing this amazing miniatures game.

Thank you for designing this splendid little wargame as we help bring our splendid little war in Southwest Asia to an end.

SGT Carkeet

Name:  troops1.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  64.9 KBName:  troops3.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  128.2 KBName:  troops4.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  91.9 KB

Well, SGT Carkeet, we thank you for your service and we are so happy that we can bring a little joy to what I can only imagine as a stressful time, stay safe! Keep those pictures coming!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Awesome, nice to see they can get some R&R with it. It would have definitely been in the rotation of things we played in the barracks if it was around when I was in the USMC in a past life.

Semper Fi from a 2x Marine Dad. You guys deserve only the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyjuan View Post
    Awesome, nice to see they can get some R&R with it. It would have definitely been in the rotation of things we played in the barracks if it was around when I was in the USMC in a past life.
    Sky

Quote Originally Posted by Lance King View Post
    Semper Fi from a 2x Marine Dad. You guys deserve only the best!
    Meh, I was in during easy times. Give your boys my thanks though.

As a recent rescued MIA E5, I salute you guys over there and you have many prayers coming from back home. Hooah! (or HUA for my men...I dislike Hooah so much).

Woah, that is awesome! I'll have to post that on the site tonight. So great to see them having some fun with it.

Can't even really wrap my head around why, but this post made my day. Thanks for sharing!

Yes, great pictures! I didn't think to take pictures for you guys of us playing it here in Afghanistan. Enjoy the game, it is great fun!