Persifal's Nest - Page 23
Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Persifal's Nest

After posting pictures of this guy I had many suggestions and this is result of my work.
    left: version presented earlier
    right: after tweeks.
    - new contrast on the helmet and new eyes
    - new highlight on the skin
    - repainted some nmm bronze with more bluish corrosion
    - glazes on cloth to raise green to more contrast.
    - added blood
    - steel is more darker now with some rust
    - soften shadows on rocks

Small changes, big difference.
    Slaughterpriest compare by Tomáš Pekař, on Flickr

I think I liked the sword better before...but it is amazing how the rest of the little tweaks made big improvements. Especially the eyes...creepy cool.

Really great painting mate, the improvements have worked brilliantly with the exception of the sword , I'm with kruleb and prefer the before.

Also remember the 'luck' element in a competition, there might not be anything wrong in the first place it could be just how things are on the day .
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

yea, clean sword was good, but this is slaughterer After I placed blood on sword, I knew, it is mistake, but no way back. It is not too bad to leave it for now.

I agree that the cumulative effect of the subtle changes is dramatic. It was a awesome model, but now it's an awesomer model.

Awesome mate much better, the flesh looks much more focal and there is more seperation of via depth and color choice in the mini. Great work.

Awesome work Tomas ,I am in agreement he is a slaghterer and the sword should be bloody...excellent choice.

Thank you guys again.
    Slaughterpriest leaves my desk to make place to my others projects. Meantime, I want to show you photos of my Drenn Redblade. It is Golden Demon 2016 finalist. I made some step by step photos of painting dilver hand, so tutorial of my silver will be follow.

Drenn Redblade by Tomáš Pekař, on Flickr

Gorgeous! Can't wait for the tutorial.

Default Persifal's Nest

Sorry for my long absence here. Because I or admins are not able to change name of my old thread I starting this one with more neutral name. Link to my old thread.

I started work on my last model on the end of last year. How many of you know, it is member of Adeptus Custodes from the Burning of Prospero game. Because I almost leave the way of true metals, I will pain it in NMM. My experimets with NMM gold from last few moths are not too succesful. So I decided to use mix of Painting Buddha NMM gold colors(VGC Scrofulous Brown, VMC Ivory and VMA Armour Brown) with colors from Vallejo NMM set(VGEO Heavy Goldbrown, VGEO Heavy Brown and VGI Sepia). I started work on the helmet. It is harder then it seems and wat I expected. But I think some part are good. Sorry for quality, it is little bit blurry.

Because I or Admins are not able to change name of this thread, I started the new one here. See you there .

Good to see you back mate, great work as usual
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Your Drenn Redblade is an inspiration Persifal, it's just truly great work. Welcome back!

I can make no guarantees, but I may be able to change the title of your old thread, and merge these two? Shall I try?

If so, what name do you want it to be?

If I can't, sorry to get your hopes up.

Great to see you back here. And a gorgeous display of work to kick things off.

Thank you guys for greetings.

@supervike I made ticket for this issue some time ago. It should be great to merge. Let the name is same as this thread, Persifal's Nest.

There you go sir.

Please continue your fantastic work!!