Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: Persifal's Nest

I'm actually a man! Rose Model Art's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cracking ogre star player and the custodes is coming along great. Will look out for it at GD.

Splendid! I likey
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

It will be nice joke to have same base on two entries

Anyway I offering one bed in the hotel on the place and in time of Warhammer Fest, any interest?

Looking great Persifal and it does look pretty cool on the stairs.

Thank you guys.
    Do you paint the eldar farseer for GD? Anyone of you?

Sadly, even though I live right around the corner from the Warhammer Fest venue (literally, I can see it from my garden) I can't make it this year. Which is a shame because I would love to see your entries in person.
    error 404: signature not found

Oh, bad luck Foxtail, so maybe next time.

Little update, Gold is slowly raiding over unpainted area

Custodian WIP by Tomáš Pekař, on Flickr

You wouldnt by chance have a color list for that gold? I'm going to be attempting to do a gold nmm effect on the stomach plates of a dragon I'm working on soon and I love the way your looks. I know I wont be able to get it to the level you are but knowing what colors to work with will at least give me a starting point.

NP, I using now this colors:
    C Rhinox Hide, C Driad Bark, VGEO Heavy Brown, C XV-88, C Balor Brown, C Zamesi Desert, VGEO Heavy Goldbrown, VMC Ivory, black and for yellowish tone light glaze of C Yriel Yellow. It seems like it is too much colors, but it help me not mix too much tones together.
    I hope it helps.

Wow! That's awesome! Your head must hurt figuring out all those highlights!

Yeah it's a belter...been keeping tabs on this here and on instagram....appreciate you sharing your recipe for the gold NMM to. Always helpful to have a reference point.

love that patch of red reflection from the plume.

Quote Originally Posted by Persifal View Post
    NP, I using now this colors:
    C Rhinox Hide, C Driad Bark, VGEO Heavy Brown, C XV-88, C Balor Brown, C Zamesi Desert, VGEO Heavy Goldbrown, VMC Ivory, black and for yellowish tone light glaze of C Yriel Yellow. It seems like it is too much colors, but it help me not mix too much tones together.
    I hope it helps.
    Thank you for posting up the recipe! The information will give me a good place to start

Thank you guys!

Because colors are only tool, this is my recipe to painting NMM. Three simple steps.

NMM Gold Steps by Tomáš Pekař, on Flickr

Thanks for the SBS Pers! Really awesome to see how you go about painting this awesome gold.
    Amazing how dull the basecoat is compared to how vivid the final product is.
    error 404: signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Persifal View Post
    Thank you guys!

Because colors are only tool, this is my recipe to painting NMM. Three simple steps.

NMM Gold Steps by Tomáš Pekař, on Flickr
    Very nice and realistic looking.

Thanks!
    I'm waiting for my plane to England to spend weekend on the Warhammer Fest and I hope, I will meet you there. Sadly Custodian is not finished yet, so I expect long nights :-)

Yea, it was great weekend with bronze demon for my Watch Master. All photos I made before was battery in my phone gone.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/641488...57682459135070