Bulldog's rusty old Rivet(wars) - Page 3
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bulldog's rusty old Rivet(wars)

Love it when I can tell someone is having fun! Congrats on a job well done!

my lord that treasure hunter looks amazing. great job. really need to get my hands on one

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldoguk View Post
    Gah! I HATE SNAKES! (and autofocus by the looks!)
    Where is the lamia/medusa miniature from? I love how you've painted it and would like one to paint myself!

Very nice, love the way he is looking to his left, I'm lucky to get the dot in the eye socket at all

I have already gotten one for one of the members here. If I get another NBond I will PM you. Are you in the states?

Quote Originally Posted by NBond View Post
    my lord that treasure hunter looks amazing. great job. really need to get my hands on one
    Sky

nah im in australia. if you could hook me up you would be my hero

@NBond.

Cost me just under US$22 to get one to Aus. $15 =+ $6.80 for shipping (cheapest shipping offer)

Newbie, please be gentle veknoid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skritter View Post
    @NBond.

Cost me just under US$22 to get one to Aus. $15 =+ $6.80 for shipping (cheapest shipping offer)
    How do we get our hands on the Treasure hunter for Rivet Wars? I am another Australian that would love to obtain one

Quote Originally Posted by hithero View Post
    Very nice, love the way he is looking to his left, I'm lucky to get the dot in the eye socket at all
    Haha - usually my black dots have eye sockets!
    Rivet Wars Scenario Editor - http://www.tehill.net/RivetWars

Arcnarenth, the Medusa is actually a mixture of several kits from a company called Impact Miniatures, from their Chibi adventure range. I wanted something more in line with the Medusa from the original Clash of the Titans, a homage to the late, great Ray Harryhausen, his imagination fuelled many an hour in the back garden fighting make believe skeleton warriors and trying to find the Achilles heel of giant bronze statues, anyway, enough of what I got up to this morning!

My Medusa is the head of, well, you guessed it, the Medusa model, upper Body is from the Scorpion Priestess and lower body from the Giant snake of the same range

Some better pictures on my Super Dungeon web page here http://www.tanksandtrolls.co.uk/SDE.htm left hand column

Have fun!

...wow! I love the SDE models, I'm really enjoying going through them!

Thanks
    Rivet Wars Scenario Editor - http://www.tehill.net/RivetWars

Quote Originally Posted by veknoid View Post
    How do we get our hands on the Treasure hunter for Rivet Wars? I am another Australian that would love to obtain one
    I got mine from http://www.miniaturemarket.com

They seem to be out now, but if you Google search around you can find similar deals (if they are willing to sell separate from the core game box)

Great looking! I just got my Rivet Wars set last night! Can not wait to get these little buggers into battle! Was the Treasure hunter an LE of KS exclusive?
    ‎"01001001 00100000 01000001 01001101 00100000 01000111 01010010 01000101 01000001 01010100!"

http://thegobbo.tumblr.com/

its a limited edition released after the ks. so ks backers need to source it elsewhere. its either going free with some copies of the game or being sold individually by other retailers.

Wow... just awesome looking!!!
    ‎"01001001 00100000 01000001 01001101 00100000 01000111 01010010 01000101 01000001 01010100!"

http://thegobbo.tumblr.com/

Wow, really nicely done. I have got to order this game. Played the demo at CMON-Con in Atlanta and really enjoyed it.

FINALLY played our first game yesterday. TED, old boy, you, my dear man, have created a classic. Between the four of us we have a combined 120 years gaming experience and it was one of the best, fun and streamlined games we have ever played, even considering I read through the rules 20 minutes before we started playing! I doff my cap to thee good sir and give it the big bulldogs danglers 5 star rating :P

On a slightly different note, thought I would check through what's coming in the next KS waves, blimey! Think I better go buy some more brushes, I forgot quite how much plastic is incoming!! REALLY looking forward to painting and implementing them into future battles Tally ho!

ps. Especially like the mechanics of combat THEN movement, so much different from the move/attack based systems we normally play and just a little jiggle of the norm like that makes it so much more strategic! Assault troops, etc actually properly feel like, well, assault troops
    We also liked the fluid method of bring troops on, no fixed army lists as such you can react to situations much better and often save those rivets to bring on your favourite (even if not the most effective) troops or heroes, brilliant, just bloody brilliant
    Last edited by Bulldoguk; 04-02-2014 at 10:00 AM.

The game really is amazing. I have always liked games where each and every turn is dynamic rather than linear. For example, sailing ships. My attitude to the wind and his attirude to the wind is always changing. My ship is not the same as his ship. Etc. WW1 air comabt is similar. RW is not only non-linear but my rock-paper-sissors are not the same as your rock-paper-sissors. What makes this even more amazing is that Ted is both the game designer and the art creator all in one!
    Sky

Finally pulled my finger out and started work on the Rivet board.
    Got together all the materials last week, Balsa wood, thick backing card and some HD poly

Got cracking this afternoon and fleshed out the boards to build a generous size battleground. I decided not to go too crazy on the ground detail as from experience putting too much on the floor just results in figures standing at crazy angles, etc. Think I will spray the whole board with stone textured paint. The craft stuff is latex based and I have found as well as creating a nice textured finish it provides quite a forgiving surface when models hit the dirt! Casting some sandbags up as we speak, these will probably be mounted on card runners so they can be positioned as necessary and removed to allow the boards to stack neatly. Its just a matter of cutting all that balsa up and creating the duck boards then. All good clean fun!
    As you can guess, I'm making things up and experimenting as I go along...I work best this way and more importantly having a lot of fun!

Will update as things progress!

Really exciting to see this getting started. Looks great already.