Timeline for all Releases

Thread: Timeline for all Releases

Default Timeline for all Releases

There is another thread that asks about the timeline for the wave 2 releases. But I was wondering if we could get a peek (we all friends here right?) at a list of the long term planned releases. I am not a business man so I don't know if that is a bad idea or not. As an engineer I know what I am going to be working on for the next two years. So I would assume CMON and Ted have a plan. As a gamer it is always encouraging to see where a game product is heading with add-ons, expansions and even future kick starters.

Is anyone else curious or is it just me?
    Sky

It's not just you. I just do not know how good of a business idea it is to give us too many details as to what is on the horizon, but general ideas is acceptable.

We do have a plan and we intend to support this project long term. With that said, we are still in the mode of delivering everything we promised in the ks, then do a major retail push. After that we will release all the current expansions and then we will move on to new stuff. To be honest, because we love this game so much, we let the campaign get away from us and released a whole year's worth of releases in the ks. But there will be more, I promise!
    Last edited by borg; 02-14-2014 at 08:17 PM.

I think that's a fair reply. In my own experience with product releases, timelines and planned releases change depending on audience feedback (and sales of various components, which is the most telling kind of feedback). Publicizing timelines, projections, or roadmaps would put CMON in a position of having to explain (defend?) any changes, with little upside.

Rivet Wars has been a BLAST and has been easy to sway non gamers over too.
    I'll be helping the push here in Calgary once the game is in the stores, although I've started way back during the kickstarter.
    I'm also very excited about the thoughts of more expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by borg View Post
    We do have a plan and we intend to support this project long term. With that said, we are still in the mode of delivering everything we promised in the ks, then do a major retail push. After that we will release all the current expansions and then we will move on to new stuff. To be honest, because we love this game so much, we let the campaign get away from us and released a whole year's worth of releases in the ks. But there will be more, I promise!
    You know, if you have another Rivet Wars KS campaign this fall, you can keep Rivet Wars coming out all year! Use the down time in KS #2 to release the remaining expansions from KS #1 at the retail level....
    The Pirate Deck - Now on Kickstarter
    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardga...he-pirate-deck

I agree. That is a very fair answer from Borg. But I also agree with binary sunrise. As long as the quality is good you can push out Rivet Wars stuff as fast as you can. I'll buy it (including that submarine Ted!). I have been showing off my painted Rivets at work (I have never brought any of my other painted figures in before) and doing my best tp get people interested.
    Sky

Understand that there are kind of pros and cons when it comes to supporting a kickstarter such as Rivet Wars. You get tons of exclusive goodies, but you also get to see a little bit into the future. People that missed the kickstarter and new customers need time to catch up.

These are the mini expansions:
    BATTLE OF BRIGHTON
    HEAVY METAL
    SECOND WAVE
    WAR ROOM
    SPEARHEAD

in no particular order.

So after the game releases to the general public in March, and after we fulfill the second shipment of the kickstarter, we have to plan to release these 5 mini expansions in a way that retail and distribution can digest them. We can't do it too fast, or people won't have time or enough money to get all the expansions. We cannot do it too slow, or the interest will die down. It is a delicate dace.

With that said, I have been talking to Ted regularly to make sure that customers who kickstarted Rivet Wars will continue to be supported. It is still early, but I think we have a few pretty good ideas and as soon as we finalise them, you guys will be the first to know.

Get in the fight!
    Last edited by borg; 02-15-2014 at 09:14 PM.

Good answer. For what it's worth, it's amazing to me y'all got such a good product to me when you did. As far as I'm concerned, y'all are doing great. I bought into Leviathans from catalyst game labs. It's a great game, but it's also a great contrast how Rivet Wars is being handed.

I was hyped when it was released, but after the core box and additional fleet boxes (which combined, doubled the core minis) it just dried up. Eventually it got to the point that dev blog updates were more than a month apart. I had to un-like the Facebook because it irked me when they used the Levs page to announce about other games of their's when I hadn't heard about Levs in a month. Can't remember the last time I looked in on it. Hopefully they work out whatever caused it to stop, but it doesn't appear to be a priority.

We should count ourselves fortunate that the people behind Rivet Wars have a clear passion for it, and a plan, as long as they stay involved with the community I don't need to know the details.