NH Steampunks looking to get into this

Thread: NH Steampunks looking to get into this

Default NH Steampunks looking to get into this

Hi, my name is Lieutenant Nathaniel Flint of the Landship Scorpios. I am one of the few leading up the New Hampshire Steampunk movement in the USA. I... love this game.

Fell in love with Rivet Wars during Templecon 2014 and bought the starter. I just completed a Scorpios official event where me and a bunch of friends learned how to play the game, and we played a massive game with "Longest Front" DLC Mission. It was fantastic!

So I guess my reason for posting this as a discussion would be:

I'm thinking of applying for the Legion for this game, and use Rivet Wars to bring an interest of Steampunk, creativity, board games, and events to the NH community and surrounding. I also want to help bring Rivet Wars into the Steampunk community. I already held one official Landship Scorpios event with Rivet Wars, and I'd love to do more in the future. I have the support from the local bookstores and Comic Stores to hold events.

Now comes the real question. Have any of you joined the legion? Are any New Hampshire people on these forums playing Rivet Wars? Or are part of the Legion? Any steampunks interested? I guess I just want to discuss my next move, and figure out how I could better help the spread of rivet wars as well as be able to help the legion. If I would not be helpful to the legion, or the spread, then I don't want to waste anybodies time, or if someone is already doing these things in New Hampshire or surrounding then I want to aid them in any way I can.

Thanks for reading. Means alot.

~Lt Flint of the Landship Scorpios

If you have a passion for the game and want to tell everyone about it, sign up with the Legion. I've volunteered for a few game companies and the Legion has been the best group so far. I've been demoing in my area (Midwest USA) for a while now, and I can't wait to help at conventions this year, starting at adepticon. I'll be headed to Origins and Gencon as well to help out at the CMON booth.

have fun! Maybe we'll meet at a con sometime in the future!

I am in the process of signing up for the Legion. I have the app filled out but I need to get to the two stores where I will run games and get the contact info.

I have a lot of experience running games at conventions and for large (and small) gaming groups. So I think my app will be approved. However I would offer a caveat to those who are attracted to the Legion rewards but who have not done promotions / convention games before.

Please do not take this the wrong way, the rewards from CMON are generous but cannot be your main motivation. It takes time to prepare good scenarios, travel to cons that you might not normally attend, setup and run the game, and do proper follow up with the gamers afterwards. It is a big investment but can be great fun and you meet lots of great people. If that is your thing, dive in with both feet. But if you are looking just to earn rewards I would think twice.
    Sky

Yeah, no. I am not just into it for rewards. I really want to help the spread of the game as well as the spread of steampunk. I hope that I can help the spread and popularity.

I also figured since they may not have much reach in the New England area perhaps I could be some real help in the upper New England.

Right not I'm just a writer/community member in the steampunk community, and every time I go to a convention or event I always throw in a few panel submissions. A Demo of a Steampunk game would be great!

I also love the Alternate WW1 feel and the Semi Dieselpunk idea behind the game, which fits with my own characters cannon. Throw in that it's steampunk without emphasis on Airships and it's my style!

No, I have grown a passion on the game not based around what I get out of it. I really do like this game, alot. The concept alone would have made a great video game, but I feel that it would've been lost. No, the boardgame works great.

I was not aiming my comments at you but to the general audience. The rewards are cool but it does take time and effort.

And I completely agree with your thoughts about the game itself.
    Sky

Quote Originally Posted by Lance King View Post
    I was not aiming my comments at you but to the general audience. The rewards are cool but it does take time and effort.

And I completely agree with your thoughts about the game itself.
    Ok, Thanks. By the way, thanks to both of you for your serious replies. I think with my feelings about the game it is worth my time to at least reply. I am going through the application now. I think it wouldn't hurt to apply.

If you are not accepted, it there a re-apply period? (Say, two months or something?). Do they provide feedback on your application?

On second thought... I can not find the official application. I thought the link was on the page detailing the legion, but I cannot find the Legion Application. Is it a PDF or something?

I do not have the link here at home but I believe it is a PDF.
    Sky

Quote Originally Posted by Lance King View Post
    I do not have the link here at home but I believe it is a PDF.
    Yeah, I thought I had seen it in the plethora of links, but they only give the e-mail address and links to the same page where only the e-mail is, however it clearly states that you must "fill out" the application and e-mail it in. So... I can't just BS it with a lovely e-mail or something. Huh...

Hi, there's no link you have to mail derek AT cmon DOT com. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by hithero View Post
    Hi, there's no link you have to mail derek AT cmon DOT com. Good luck
    oh, ok. Yeah I ended up e-mailing a request for an app. So I guess I'll just wait for that I guess.

Thanks!