The Norvich Landings

Thread: The Norvich Landings

Default The Norvich Landings

This action took place on the Norvich peninsula just yesterday as massed Allied forces attempted to take the town Stavanger and it's harbours. After a bloody battle the Allies were repulsed but they regrouped and had another shot at it where they were victorious. Stavanger is now in Allied hands. Some shots taken by Reme Funck:

Battle Overview

The landings

Attack from the East

Western pincer movement

Awesome! how many generals did this offensive require? great set-up, and i love seeing all the different painted minis on the battlefield. landing craft, city, three fronts. looks epic.

Quote Originally Posted by hithero View Post
    This action took place on the Norvich peninsula just yesterday as massed Allied forces attempted to take the town Stavanger and it's harbours. After a bloody battle the Allies were repulsed but they regrouped and had another shot at it where they were victorious. Stavanger is now in Allied hands. Some shots taken by Reme Funck:
    That's how we can make the world of Rivet alive. Maybe it's have been done with other games (Heroclix with the Civil War?). We could organize events where the community of Rivet Wars play certain scenarios, and according to the results, the boundaries of Rivet would change or not.

This is awesome. I love the little destroyed buildings. Were those objectives or spawns or something? This is so cool. You should post the settup and rules and the like. I am a huge fan.

Here's the link to the original post: http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...63-Rivet-Homes I normally use them as bunkers, but in this case they were more of a backdrop to represent the town.

The setup was just a combination of Mission 1, the downloadable Beach Landing scenario and Mission 5, all with 6DP & 1 Rivet each and 2x3 filler tiles along the back centre. I did want more interaction between the 3 games, hence the reason to have flank attack but this didn't work as I had hoped. In hindsight instead of having 2x3 tiles of filler (where the buildings are), I should only have had 2x1 tiles. Might try this another time with the adjusted layout.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    That's how we can make the world of Rivet alive. Maybe it's have been done with other games (Heroclix with the Civil War?). We could organize events where the community of Rivet Wars play certain scenarios, and according to the results, the boundaries of Rivet would change or not.
    I've been tinkering with a rule set for campaign play, based on the map of rivet world, incorporating a resources structure. it would play out kind of like risk, in that each faction would gain territory through winning battles. Resources would be managed (ie deployment points, rivets, even certain units or amount of units allowed per round, etc.), and players would need to work together (ie generals of 1 faction) to coordinate attacks & resources. The end goal of the campaign being to take the whole board, or possibly just have a point counter for battles won, victory points earned, etc? either way, it's a way to get people to regular game meets, and have a long term goal for the group to rally around - i would probably make a rivet wars cup for the victor(s), maybe a golden rivet character on a base. imagine this with three or four or more factions!

I'm wanting to call it 'Rivet Wars: Battle Lines', but of course if it became official I'd want Ted to give it a better name.

this is an aside, but would work well on this scale of play:
    maybe add GM controlled splinter-groups of defectors within factions, that could enable faction on faction play. they could be played as a neutral/aggro side, attacking all other armies, but do not gather points. maybe it should be a secret mission card that turns 3 infantry of your army (the person who drew the card) into GM controlled defectors. they all now have a 1VP point bounty. They will attack anything within range, and will move together to capture SO's, and will hold them to their deaths.

Awesome!! Some battles played and posted online would be a great idea. Break some of the battlefield up into battle groups, have different campaigns for battlezones, maybe even have them influence new figures later on.

Awesome stuff and I love how you guys are moving this game towards my favorite of all time!
    Sky

What amazing pictures! It's exciting seeing the landing craft printed out like that. It's so great to see you guys trying these larger combinations games. And I just love the houses still.

Makes me even more eager to see the plastic 3D houses that'll surely be stretch goals in the next urban-based KS campaign. When's that launch, Ted? May?
    The Pirate Deck - Now on Kickstarter
    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardga...he-pirate-deck

It all looks very nice. How long was that game?

About 45mins a bit less for the second game as the new players had a better grasp of the game by then.