BloodFather's Axis of Chaos - Page 42
Page 42 of 86 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: BloodFather's Axis of Chaos

My biggest rec is to use only daylight bulbs (they sell fluorescent screw in ones in Walmart. I use three. One to each side and slightly in front of the mini and one as close to the camera as possible shining directly onto the mini. Most are the clip on lights with large reflectors used for shop/renovation work. I have tracing paper taped over the front of the reflector to diffuse the light. If not using a light box go to a dark room and shut all the other lights off so you do not confuse the camera with a different stray light color.

then play with your camera setting on a tripod with delayed shutter to prevent shakes (i gave up on sniper accuracy and have settled for minute of whitetail deer on my trigger abilities.lol ). I have found i can get by with two settings. One for mostly white minis and another for everything else.

Another stunning mini bro. You kicked that walks ass and it looks BANGARANG. I'm proud of ya on this one.
    walk = walls
    Last edited by Digganob; 10-07-2014 at 11:18 AM.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Maagaan looks really good, though I am excited to see bigger, better pictures of him. That base came out beyond awesome, well done!

+1 to KruleBear's daylight bulbs suggestion. They will definitely help you get as close as possible to the color you see in real life. And even if you don't want to deal with a laptop, a decent indoor photo setup will work just fine with your iphone camera. I did a quick write up on how I do my photo setup (mostly based on MassiveVoodoo's tutorial) and the first two images are done with my iphone (and it's one of the old ones). From the standpoint of exposure and color, I thought they turned out great.

The model looks like it game together nicely. i like how the tones of the model and base, although they are different, suit so nicely together.
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

And you were worried..... lol worried biggest laugh I had.

Btw exceptional model and the base is just as grand..Wonderful wonderful work.

He came out great BFK the base is brilliant as is the pelt. Second the Tri-pod and delayed timer. I started using that set up for the last lot of Malacnt photo's and i'm far happier with them. sharper, crisper and much better light (just my normal kitchen bulb as well)

Yep, everything looks great on him. Good job!

Well, here it is folks!!! Please comment and vote!!

http://www.coolminiornot.com/366757
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Another grand entry to your gallery mate. The pelt and the face are especially striking. Liking the colours you brought in on the sword also. What's next?

Wow. A joy to behold. Wonderful, wonderful work. I love what you've done with the sword.

Hmmm....considering removing and reshooting. It has nothing to do with the score as I don't think this would change much, but just want to get it right. I'll fiddle around today before I make my decision. Poor Demihuman would have to montage it up all over again for me....not sure.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Blog Entries

send me the full size files of a reshoot and i'll ps them for u. if u underexpose the images by 1/3-1 stop also it gives plenty to work with.

Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do. Edgar Degas.

Images removed from gallery. I want to make something clear though. I dont think the painting deserves more than a 7-8, so the intent is not to repaint the mini, reshoot it and get a higher score out of this. It's time to put the mini up and stop doing any last minute adjustments to it-I've done this for hours and my ability to learn from it is gone. However, I will benefit and learn from taking better pics. And so this is what I'll be doing over the weekend.

i feel its your best work everything is in a perfect balancew and def shows the endless hours of effort and attn to detail. i think the score suffered from the routing of the image iow everytime i logged on that image to vote it took me to bloody beasts and mad flye art works. idk why this happenedbut i nused 3 device and all routed me to anothers work. i really feel that was the problem.anybody else have this problem.

Yeah Bloody B uploaded about 200 pics at once. Yikes! That's a ton of submissions. Great work, too. I wonder if top last week will be all him...lol. Could be...

Truly appreciate your remarks, BaM my brother. My honest opinion of it is a score if down where between 7.8-8.2. And I am totally fine/flattered by such a high score. Remember, for all intents and purposes this is my 3rd mini. Could I have done better? Hell yes, but I learned from the technical flaws that were made. So enough if Maagaan. I'll retake pics and then time to move on.....

Yes I'm big on that old news is old news but if you don't mind I'll be putting it in my favs it's actually one of the best models I've seen...and I really ain't even saying cause we're friends. The colors on maagan are deliciously well done and I might be copying the color scheme. It's an amazing piece. It is miniature painting g, love the base as well. Just knew it was gonna come out top knotch. But it's confirmed my cousins Miranda and jschrod said the same thing that they logged on your mini and we're routed to bloody beasts dwarfs while done well we're not what us 3 were looking for. I think that's why people can't vote due to not getting on your image.repost and it will be diff

Right on BaM thanks a lot.

Goliath is next. I will be painting the skin with the famous David Soper's (Sprocket's) recipe that he used on his recent Steampunk bust. They guy with the parrot.

Basecoat: Rakarth flesh
    Shade:Bugman's Glow + Xereus Purple Mix
    Mid Tones: Ratskin Flesh, Bugman's Glow, Rakarth Flesh, Xereus Purple, Mournfang Brown, Evil Sunz Scarlet, VGC Bronze Flesh
    Higjlight: Rakarth Flesh, VMC Ivory, VGC Bronze Flesh

As you can see, the midtone is actually going to be a part of the shading and highlighting as well. There will
    be a lot of mixing of each tone, and experimenting on the fly. I'll probably focus a bit more on the Rakarth flesh that Sprocket's example. Goliath has quite a few veins and open wounds too. The veins I plan to tackle by glazing them with Xereus purple with a touch of Rakarth, highlighting to pure Rakarth on top. The open sore's I think around the spot I'll glaE them like a purple bruise, but the wound itself I'll handle with the Secret Weapon wash, Dried Blood, then a touch of Blood for the Blood God in the center of it. Appreciate any advise along the way and look forward to this one.

photo of the face is courtesy of Sprocket's Blog, Sprocket's Small World: http://sproketsmallworld.blogspot.co...results=41&m=0
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    Yes I'm big on that old news is old news but if you don't mind I'll be putting it in my favs it's actually one of the best models I've seen...and I really ain't even saying cause we're friends. The colors on maagan are deliciously well done and I might be copying the color scheme. It's an amazing piece. It is miniature painting g, love the base as well. Just knew it was gonna come out top knotch. But it's confirmed my cousins Miranda and jschrod said the same thing that they logged on your mini and we're routed to bloody beasts dwarfs while done well we're not what us 3 were looking for. I think that's why people can't vote due to not getting on your image.repost and it will be diff
    Ahh, it probably happened to you all because you tried accessing it after it had been removed, thus it would default to the next pic in CMoN's master gallery.