Ruined tower project

Thread: Ruined tower project

Default Ruined tower project

Here is my ruined tower model first started in 2010/11? maybe. I have sculpted, converted and painted, enduring some scarring to the hands from the tools, not to be advised, proud of how it is turning out now- It is amazing how time flows, (is the tower a metaphor for life? Or do we just admire anything ancient). Still got some painting to do on the other side, more photos to follow. Any advice? Love to know what you think.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That looks like a 4$ standard play tower from walmarkt!

Just kidding ^^. Its awesome!
    The weathering on the stones and the moss on the wood boards is just authentic.
    Last edited by anotherpainter; 01-29-2017 at 03:21 PM.

Thanks, yeah one day maybe as good as walmart, I can only dream. Your stuff is great though!

Here is another view, really enjoyed modding the dreadstone blight plastic kit and painting the stones so far

Very cool, I just started final assembly of a ruined castle using Hirst arts molds, so this is inspiring. Love the moss. Only thing I would suggest is possibly a few lighter highlights on the edges of the stone at the top of the tower and steps to give it some sparkle.

Quote Originally Posted by KruleBear View Post
    Very cool, I just started final assembly of a ruined castle using Hirst arts molds, so this is inspiring. Love the moss. Only thing I would suggest is possibly a few lighter highlights on the edges of the stone at the top of the tower and steps to give it some sparkle.
    Many thanks, warm happy feeling to its hear inspiring to you. Yeah I will try that. Can't wait to do more this weekend! I'm gonna check out your work

Lol...my work is slow, so not a lot to check out.

Lol...my work is slow, so not a lot to check out.
    Really like your work

Name:  DSC08241.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  1.44 MBName:  DSC08235.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  1.40 MBName:  DSC08234.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  1.25 MB

sculpted fallen stones

Looks great with the in play action shots.

Smile

Looks great with the in play action shots.
    Cheers krulebear, yeah surprised how the crumbling stone gives a feeling of impending doom, like civilisation is crumbling with the characters around.

That's a pretty nice looking tower, you might want to start on another project soon if it's taken you 6 years for this one

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Sicks View Post
    That's a pretty nice looking tower, you might want to start on another project soon if it's taken you 6 years for this one
    Yeah Sicks! But will a new one take me till 2023! Honestly, have others on the go probably 10 half finished projects!

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfsaga View Post
    Yeah Sicks! But will a new one take me till 2023! Honestly, have others on the go probably 10 half finished projects!
    Added extra home sculpted stones to wall.