BloodFather's Axis of Chaos - Page 32
Page 32 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: BloodFather's Axis of Chaos

Atm it looks great for what your going for get a little more done maybe an arm a leg any part that will be totally finished glazes and all at that point we and you should know if what your going for is something you liked. Iow finish a piece of him totally and then you'll see if it matches what your vision in your head was. But looks great I see where your going dark nmm but again my head thought may be difficult from what you imagine. Get a little more done I'm confident it's going to be mind blowing like everything else you conconct.

Thanks BaM, I'll do just that. I am leaning more and more towards making his armor rusted. This would mean a dark flesh glaze in the shadows and a bestial brown glaze on the midtone and some of the highlight. Then, here and there, I'll add citadel's rust technical paint. Then of course I'll scar up the armor with nicks and gashes. Sounds like a plan.
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Just ordered this guy from Simon's miniatures. He is a former Rackham sculptor. IMHO possibly the best in the world. This figure will give me a chance to showcase my skin tone abilities. If u want info on him just PM me.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Great mini there. You'll have a blast painting that! I have had a couple of bits from Simon in the past and the quality amazed me. Even had a bit of green stuff on one where he had obviously filled a air bubble for me! You dont get service like that normally.
    Look forward to seeing how this turns out

have a look at skelletets wip I think he had a go at him or a very similar piece.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Very cool mini. Should be a fun project. And definitely check out skel's WIP/gallery. He did a really neat version.

Link please to Simon stuff please cause now I gotta get something. ::sigh:: why do you find so many cool things?
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

think we should all take time out to congratulate bfok on his achievements of new and notable I don't know many new painters who on there second post can achieve that. He really over a me leaps and bounds and has close if not mastered some very advanced techniques,.it's a great plus to the world of miniature painting hobby/ lifestyle that dictates many of our lives. So CONGRATULATION benjamin. YOU'VE EARNED IT GREAT JOB. WEATHER THE SCORE DROID OR NOT WEATHER ITS AT A 5.0 FROM THE BEGINNING IT DOES THE MATTER WHAT DOES MATTER IS 14 COMMENTS OF 9:10/10 meaningful comendations. Just simply a fantastik job bud. Way to go

Sincerely Johnny

Blog Entries

Congratz BoK, one of those moments to spur you on when you hit a low, if ever! Meteoric achievements lie ahead

Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do. Edgar Degas.

Hey thanks a lot, all. It was good being there, if only for a few minutes. And yes, it will spur me onto greater things, I hope. Will challenge myself as best as I can.

I have seen Skel's incredible Goliath. Very much inspired me to get this mini. He did a wonderful job, even if he did use TMM. :P

Digga I'll leave you his email. Just tell him you are interested in purchasing some of his minis, and he will give you a link with instructions. I think the link is simon miniatures or something. His email is lambosimon@gmail.com

You have spoken to him before. He has a WIP here.

Lol. Oh that Simon. I'm such a ninny. Thanks for the info. And yeah his stuff is legendary.
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

yeah that model is totally awesome. and Simon is a great guy, he fixed some airbubbles on my mini too with greenstuff too and delivered a perfect copy.

reminds me i have to re:work the base i did for my model. yey.

So my current project is wearing your standard issue barbarian hide cloak. But as you may have noticed, it has the head of a sabre tooth attached. And while I am very likely to do either an ochre type hide with tiger stripes, or just a white tiger with stripes, I would very much like to do the pattern you see below. Problem is, my skill may not be up to it. I'll practice on a milliput replica that I plan on making. But in the meantime, I appreciate any advice offered or if you have any pics similar to the one below, it would be highly helpful. Thanks boys and girls!!!
    Last edited by BloodFather of Kharnath; 09-03-2014 at 11:10 PM.

Keep your paints thin and don't worry about mistakes. Make sure you have the all basic colours for your pattern on the palette at the same time. If you make a mistake fix it with the relevant colour. Take it slow.
    His cloak looks a little too textured for this, but you could maybe use either a really well sharpened pencil or a very fine clutch pencil (might need to rub a sharp point into the lead on one of these even) to mark out your pattern over a light base coat before trying to paint it. Either as outlines or dots around where you want the out lines to be.

Oh and don't worry about mistakes. Make em and then fix em.

Good advice there. No need to be nervous about it. If my paints are thin enough, there is no harm in putting down a bunch of layers while fixing errors. And the texture is very forgiving of overworking the paint. Conversely, as you mention, the texture is NOT the type for intricate freehand designs. Bohun pulled off the stripes, and if he can do it, I can do it....right?.......right?<gulp>

Near his shoulders the fur is thicker. Think I'll make this a darker patch of fur, sort of like you can barely see in the pic above. But thanks Stew, you've given me some renewed confidence. Now the main challenge will just be getting the colors right, and making the pattern look believable. Standby for an update

In the words of one of my favorite painters "suck it up buttercup." Haha nothing worth doing was ever easy and you definitely have the skill to pull it off. Practice on paper, other pieces or what ever you got to and floor us with your work.
    ." -Me-

You can do it Just make sure none of the color on the pelt is too regular. Nature doesn't do symmetry.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Thanks for the motivation y'all. Decided to address the pelt last, because I'd like to see how all the other colors are working together. There is going to be gold on his shoulders and such, so white with black stripes may ​be the natural choice.

Blog Entries

Hmm, maybe on the pelt use lighter browns for the stripes. Then you can come back in with a nice transperent dark brown ink and shadow everything. Then go back and pick out individual high spots with with your original colors.

I'd seriously consider starting with pale colours as your base coat, then work with darker colours as thin as washes you would use.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.