BloodFather's Axis of Chaos - Page 40
Page 40 of 86 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: BloodFather's Axis of Chaos

Yes DR like GWs kit bashing . We need to nurture BFOK along with the lingo.. After all a guy that could kill somebody with just his fingertips probably wouldn't know what a cog head is. But a jarhead now were talking. Lol I think Ben YOUDE do very well on that kit. And I'm GINNA let you in a a secret. A large kit= well put together and "brasses up=Lil conversions etc" would def fit into your tenacious schedule of not missing a beat. I really think if you finish that beast it will average a 9.5 rating and a gold medal on p & p. get it done bud. UOUR a display painter. This is right up your alleyway!!!

I'm sure they'll have more in stock sooner or later. It's not limited edition. I think you can even setup an email notification for when they have more.

As for vehicle weathering, there's a really great tutorial over on miniature mentor (I think 5th from the end). Of course there's also a lot of free info online. Perhaps the best source for info would be stopping by a local IPMS meeting, since their membership is generally very vehicle focused. Check out the chapter directory and see which one is closest to you. I used to stop by the one in Baltimore from time to time. Even though they're more into vehicles, the group still enjoyed seeing figures.

Will respond to you shortly David. Just wanted to get an opinion on this mini. IMO it looks like SmartMax and Infamy make the best Steampunk. Anyone know of any other companies along these lines? Anyway, thinking of getting her although if like a better vision for how I'd set it all up:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Oh yeah, Smart Max and Infamy are great sources for steampunk stuff. You should also take a look at Guild of Harmony and, if you want large scale, Scale 75's Steam Wars line (although you're probably already aware of them since you posted a picture of their Ahab).

scale 75 and wild west exodus have some nice stuff too.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    scale 75 and wild west exodus have some nice stuff too.
    Cool. Thanks had not heard of the Wild West company. Not quite of the quality or setting I'd like, but it's close.

And yes, thanks Bailey I've seen what scale75 has to offer. Obviously, it's of the quality I am looking for. But the selection is small. Just 4-5 figures, I believe. Good ones, though, that's for sure. And Guild of Harmony are excellent, I forgot to mention them.

Has as anyone heard anything about this Kickstarter? On their web page they have a ton of WIP minis, but also many that are supposed to be done. Don't know if they ever marketed any. One of the things i am loosely considering is a Fairy Tale Steampunk. A lot of people have done Alice, but haven't seen many takes on Oz. The potential is limitless! Anyway, check some of these out:

http://thefairytalegames.com/the-minis/
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

West Wind have a Steampunk setting and some damn fine figures in 28mm (my mate Tim does some of the casting for them)
    North Star also 28mm Steampunk plus Reaper and Dark Sword.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Thanks for pointing those out. Hadn't heard of W Wind. They had some interesting figures. Unfortunately, after seeing what SmartMax, Industria Mechanika, Scale75, Guild of Harmony, and Infamy have to offer, it seems like everything else just pales in comparison. Many Steam figures seem like they are meant for skirmish type Wargames. It also seems like most companies make the squat, toy soldier looking minis and I just can't stomach these for display.

My all time favorite has to be the Chrononaut from Industria. But at $200.00!!!!!!!!! who can afford this on a single miniature for a project? It's 1/8 scale so I guess probably about 10 inches tall (don't know how many stones this is or horse's hands or however you Brits measure height )

Anyway, on the hunt for something...special.

Well you mentioned a bonsai diorama. The air ship would look great floating over a wee Bosnia wood

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/takanoriaiba/

What the....how the hell does he do that?

I know this is supposed to be my WIP and I haven't had many progress shots. For anyone interested I am done with Maagaan just need to take the photos and send them off to my main man Demihuman who will graciously put them together in a roll. But there are so many creative minds here I can't help but bounce ideas off of you all. Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darthmarsh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodFather of Kharnath View Post
    What the....how the hell does he do that?
    !!!
    WOW!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KruleBear View Post
    WOW!
    Ah, I love this stuff! Yet another incredible mini horizon. Holy F!

Rady and waiting to see it on the gallery and p & p...another well done model and mini realistic atmosphere. And to think you were worried at one point scrap for something simpler. DO I NEED TO PINT OUT THAT YOUR PAINTING AND MODEL LINK SKILL ARE ANYTIME BUT SIMPLE-I MEAN THE GUY STARS OFF BY MAsterING NMM. AND DISPLAY MINIS Hes excelled beAUTIFULLY..SIMple HE ONCE SAID. LOL SIMple AND BFOK ARE TO NEVER BE USE IN THE SAME SENTENCE. GREAT JOB AGAIN. MY ONLY QUESTION WAs MAGAAN FUN TO PAINT OR A HEADACHE?
    Last edited by BloodASmedium; 10-01-2014 at 04:34 PM.

I'll try to take this pics today. I've been working super late this week and it's been tough. Very little of anything done in the last 1.5 weeks. But yes I'll try me best to get her done tonight...I added this sword to the base and need to paint it up. Required a bit if sculpting tho so that was another day delay.

Maagaan an was a pleasure to paint. In retrospect, happy that I went with the tiger pelt. Sure it doesn't quite make sense with the thick hide, but you can fight it and make it work. He would look good in TMM with heavy weathering also. So yes highly reccomend.

Getting back to the steampunk figures, I just saw this new Indiegogo from Scale75. In case anyone wanted to get me a belated birthday present look no further. Honestly, I won't even care that you're a week late.
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/steam-wars-3

It's a huge multi-figure steampunk diorama and priced accordingly. Damn I wish I had a bunch of extra cash lying around. Even if you can't splurge on the big kit, you can get a deal on a lot of other Scale75 stuff including all of their other steampunk kits.

Wow, thank you for pointing that out! Is indeed a very, very cool kit. I want it for the bull dog alone!!! But yes this is precisely the sort of the stuff I am keeping my eyes out for so thanks again for the update. Feel free, at any time, to leave similar posts on this WIP and bring this stuff to our attention!!!

I just want the girl, kind of hope they sell the different pieces separately in the future. You know, if we can find someone who wants the engineer and the train I say we just split this kit up.

You know they will...I think I saw you could get the engineer solo. I think I saw that, anyway. But yes I'd totally be willing to throw in on the purchase piece mail. Strangely, I'd trust you and many others on this site with my $$$ in good faith. Maybe I am naive for that but there are many people that frequent these threads that I would send $100 to and wait for a mini to show up.

Anyway, besides the point. How did you find this particular kickstarter? On their web page?

Yeah, you see the same people online over and over and even though you've never met you feel like you can trust them. There are plenty of people on here I wouldn't have a second thought about sending money in good faith.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodFather of Kharnath View Post
    How did you find this particular kickstarter? On their web page?
    Somehow I got on Scale75's mailing list. I've not really sure how, I've never ordered directly from them. But I don't mind the updates! Facebook groups and the comment sections on other mini related kickstarters are also good spots to hear about other upcoming kickstarter and indiegogo projects.

I like the girl and the engineer, but the train seems too cartoony relative to their other stuff.