Burn those books! - John Campbell is sick of emails

Thread: Burn those books! - John Campbell is sick of emails

Default Burn those books! - John Campbell is sick of emails

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/02/...hem-to-donors/

Funny/sad story about a Kickstarted book and the author who didn't figure shipping costs into his offer, and overfunded $8k to $50k, and his subsequent meltdown.
    I like it firm and fruity!

Part of me says What a Dick, another part of me wants to see him charged with Fraud!

Being someone who reads a lot of web comics I have supported several authors and been glad to do so, but this is just so, so wrong. It's his cock up and he should "Man up" to it, not deprive the people who have paid him.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

I say run a KS to get the funds to send the boyz around and take the books from him.

I've read his updates, and I think he needs help. He doesn't seem to be rational.

No, he doesn't seem rational. He should be locked up
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Glad I was not involved in this project. The guy is going to get a lot of suits against him, and his shenanigans are not going to make the courts sympathetic to his cause.

What I am curious about is Kickstarter's response. They are doing everything they can to distance themselves from the failure. I would be very interested to see this fully play out in court with Kickstarter as a named litigant, to play out the validity of their business model. To me, it seems like they are underwriting, and then absolving themselves of the underwriting duties.

Blog Entries

Saw this pop up on my FB feed. I went and read his whole message. He's deeply in need of help.
    Dr. Walter Bishop: I have used this technique to extract information from a corpse once. You can do that if they haven't been dead for longer than six hours.
    Peter Bishop: [in the background] Right, 'cause after six hours, that's when they're really dead.

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar. S. Clemons

Because I don't have enough madness in my life : http://topographyworkshop.blogspot.com

Blog Entries

An interesting story, guess his career is out the window.

Talking of Kickstarters and as you are here Chern, when can Europe expect delivery of the next wave of ZOmbicide 2 products to be shipped?

I have an artists pack and a the extra stretch goals to receive and I will be moving in a month. I contacted you guys immediately when the email notification was sent to confirm addresses to give my change of address and was told that all Europe orders have had address info sent already to the distribution. Will it be delivered this month - any ideas?

dfb

My Gallery Here

CMON Rank: Will paint for Jelly Beans...