Elly and Trystan's path to Gencon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elly and Trystan's path to Gencon

Default Elly and Trystan's path to Gencon

Gencon is coming up, and we both haven't been painting for awhile, so we decided to start a thread to keep us motivated. We both have one mini for the PP competition and will be working on that one single mini until it's done in an attempt to get us focused and on track to completing something.
    Keeping a one track mind will be tough with wanting to finish so many things, but with the limited amounts of time we both have, we chose to give this method a try.

More to come later when we post which minis we have chosen!
    My Rank -

Super, I'm looking forward to this
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

https://linktr.ee/AlmostPerftec

So here is the mini I chose to work on: Pirate Queen Skarre! It will be my first Warmachine miniature - I am hoping I can work in some freehand on the cloak as it's been awhile since I have done anything like that. Also there are a lot of opportunities for NMM and a lot of small details to pick out. Should be a fun one to paint~~
    Work on prep starts tomorrow I need to think of a cool base as well, as I want to get away from the fu flock I always do for my minis lol

My Rank -

Well we're off to a slow start, aren't we?
    I've been awfully quiet lately - combination of work and some other things have kept me away from my brushes. But this will be a perfect reason to re-focus and get the paint moving again.
    So here's the first shots of my first entry (of two, three, or more - who knows).
    Cryx Warcaster Deneghra (thoughtfully provided by Elly).

Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

No judgement here man. It's not what you paint or how much you paint, but that you paint. Good start

Good start Trystan, I have no doubt that Elles will be spectacular - problem is I will have grey hair when I finally see it lol
    Hope its Gencon 2022
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

I'm hoping to at least get 2 entries for the PP part - Deneghra and a unit of 6 Blood Hags I "borrowed" from a friend.
    Then there's the other GenCon painting comp, which I'm sure I'll have an entry or two for. Good thing August is a ways off.
    And I know there's places where the skin looks crusty - it doesn't look like that in person, but I'll go over it again make sure
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Trystan..

Are you hitting Adepticon this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Khonner View Post
    Trystan..

Are you hitting Adepticon this year?
    As an entrant? No. As a observer? Oh yeah.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Quote Originally Posted by ten ball View Post
    Good start Trystan, I have no doubt that Elles will be spectacular - problem is I will have grey hair when I finally see it lol
    Kinda hate to tell you Lee..............

Trystan keep at it, 'so gonna be worth it.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Its not grey Mike, ITS FALLING OUT!!
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Hmmm... So soon we'll see genuine Lee sable hair paint brushes on the market. Interesting. What sizes?

Good luck you guys! I am planning on attending gencon this year myself.

Some more work. Metals still are in their infancy.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Great start on yours Tryst! Interesting color choices - what are your plans for the tabard and boots?

LOL ten - we shall see how much I can manage to get done this year. So far things have been so busy and I feel like my life just revolves around food. Making food, doing dishes, feeding the baby, cleaning bottles, getting lunch ready for work, etc etc rinse and repeat every day

Anyhoo, I have mine primed and ready for paint and I actually have some time set aside to get started, so I should have an update on Sunday wooohooo (maybe I'll finish a hand, but hey, that's progress right?)
    My Rank -

I remember those days, it gets... I won't say better or easier, just more interesting. I was so happy when I could stay awake long enough to get a half-assed wash on a mini When they get older and mobile just remember that silence isn't golden it's the screaming alarm of your children up to something truly evil...

Elly, i hope you do not put on as much weight is i did during my sons first year! (and get morepainted )

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    When they get older and mobile just remember that silence isn't golden it's the screaming alarm of your children up to something truly evil...
    You should use that as your signature!
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Agreed Zab, that's why my immediate response to any silence in the house is shouting "What's going on over there???" Elly, Trystan, mind if I jump in on this painting party? It should help keep me motivated to get my battlegroup complete for GenCon. Hopefully I'll have the first mini done by Adepticon