Elly and Trystan's path to Gencon - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elly and Trystan's path to Gencon

I don't have a problem Amal - the more the merrier.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Sweetness. See you guys at Adepticon! Just noticed it picked up my old SN when I reset my password. Funny.

~Drew

Nice! Yeah you're more than welcome to post here - interested to see what you have in the works Drew

So I was going to start painting this weekend and I got a little discouraged when I noticed a huge flaw in the casting of Skarre's arm. I dunno how I missed it but the handle was cut short, the cuff is a blob (I thought it was a glove until I looked at other pics of her ><), and the handle cover for the sword is cut short. Sooooo started yesterday on the repairs so hopefully I can get to the painting by this weekend... if my craptacular sculpting skills don't get in the way
    Edit - oh - and I will probably rework her hands.. they are supposed to be armor I think but I don't like it so I will be smoothing out the fingers so they look more like gloves. Might as well get everything the way I want it since I'm having to make repairs anyways lol
    Last edited by Elly3438; 04-01-2014 at 10:41 AM.
    My Rank -

Yeah, it's always best to get that out of the way before painting. I had a pretty severely undercast Butcher of Khardov that turned out well with a little love...and resculpting most of his backpack.

I burned some major midnight oil last night in order to finish up this bad boy. He'll be the first of the battlegroup for GenCon later this year. I'm planning to add the Hunters Grim warlock group and at least a Dire Troll Mauler. maybe an axer if there's time:

Wow. I better get the rust off soon!
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Quote Originally Posted by Amalathian D View Post

Hmmn rather impressive, subtle work on the metals more worn and distressed than just weathered.
    Last edited by Dragonsreach; 04-03-2014 at 11:46 AM.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Very nice Amalathian. I like the contrast of the vibrant banner on the skirt versus the muted tones of the rest of the mini.

Some more work. Finally attached the backpack.

Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460