Black Undercoat

Thread: Black Undercoat

Default Black Undercoat

Hi all,

I have been using Chaos Black Citadel undecoat spray for a while now but at £12 a pop (something like that) I figure there must be a cheaper alternative out there?

Do you guys know of any or can recommend a better base?

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Elf View Post
    Hi all,

I have been using Chaos Black Citadel undecoat spray for a while now but at £12 a pop (something like that) I figure there must be a cheaper alternative out there?

It's £9.80 from GW or you can get it from places like Element Games for £8.33. Halfords car primer is a good alternative - bigger can around the £8 mark. If you've an airbrush then Vallejo Surface Primer in black is very good.

Painters touch flat black spray or grey primer work just as well and are about half the price. +1 for the vallejo surface primer too. It's a self levelling polyurethane so you can brush it on as well if you don't have an airbrush.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Another vote for Halfords. Smooth as hell and an actual primer (ie it sticks to the model well) rather than chaos black which is just black paint. They also do it in grey which is easier to paint overs (you darks get dark easily and you can still get easy bright colours)
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Excellent. cheers all.

Quote Originally Posted by freakinacage View Post
    Another vote for Halfords. Smooth as hell and an actual primer (ie it sticks to the model well) rather than chaos black which is just black paint. They also do it in grey which is easier to paint overs (you darks get dark easily and you can still get easy bright colours)
    Yep ditto here .

Also consider Liquitex spray paints, aimed at Graffiti Artists the colours are very handy for army bulk colour basis spraying.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

you should be able to get black board paint in any good store but if your having problems sourcing it try using mat black paint undercoat but spray paints is also very reliable and comfortable for the peoples..i want that i paint on the kitchen which paint is comfortable and color?

I also vote halfords - ill add also that I use their red - it seems even better at grippy texture effect that a primer should do and also adds depth to some colours!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Elf View Post
    Hi all,

Are you looking for a primer, or a black undercoat? Maybe someone else can help me out, are these even the same? I know GW makes a bunch of colored spray paints that people mistakenly use as primer, so just wondering what you are looking for.