Action Figures!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Action Figures!

Default Action Figures!

Ted's been keeping secrets from us again..........

Designed by Ted Terranova, this is the first production figure from the Rivet Wars line. The Mountaineer stands at 6.5cm tall, fully articulated joints, gun hand can be swapped with other weapons. Heads can be removed and placed onto Rivet Wars vehicles that will be developed!

Photo shown of actual product made of PVC. Pre-order for this retro green edition starts this weekend at an amazing price of USD19.90 each.

Start forming your battalion!
    Get in the fight!
    Name:  rivetaction.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  35.3 KB
    Look out at mightyjaxx.com this weekend
    Last edited by binarysunrise; 03-05-2014 at 12:24 AM.
    The Pirate Deck - Now on Kickstarter
    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardga...he-pirate-deck

Officially licensed Rivet Wars action figure! Introducing elite infantry, the mountaineer (allied faction). 1 year in development, this is finally coming! Get in the fight!!
    Name:  rivetwarslogo.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  271.7 KB

So many cool Rivet products to buy, need more money.

This guy looks really awesome!

Just imagine a game of Rivet Wars at this scale

I'd best start saving for the 45cm Ostrich!

Tom

It's a fake, right? 8|

Not sure what to make of these. You would have thought they would have been mentioned here on on the Rivet Wars.com blog and the text say's they are licenced, so are these not the work of Ted but a third party like the posters? Bit too expensive to make these into a game, but ok for display.

Quote Originally Posted by hithero View Post
    Bit too expensive to make these into a game, but ok for display.
    Probably a bit big at 6.5cm tall too...

*Mountaineer goes stomp!*

Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    It's a fake, right? 8|
    Looks like the real deal!
    Quote Originally Posted by hithero View Post
    Not sure what to make of these. You would have thought they would have been mentioned here on on the Rivet Wars.com blog and the text say's they are licenced, so are these not the work of Ted but a third party like the posters? Bit too expensive to make these into a game, but ok for display.
    I think the posters were more about a fan getting permission to make them. These look like a merchandising deal that's been in the works for the past year. MightyJaxx looks like they create figures/toys for niche markets.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneBrush View Post
    Probably a bit big at 6.5cm tall too...

*Mountaineer goes stomp!*
    Not really, I used to do a lot of skirmishes with the Cowboy and WW2 1/32 scale figures, also have the Games Workshop Fantasy 65mm we used to demo with. There was a Shadowrun game that uses 6" figures that was a bit like Heroclix, good fun, still got them in the loft somewhere.

a for sure buy, gotta get this one.

These guys were apart of the KS so if you got your Blitz level you will be getting 4 of these already. Unless you added more via the CKPM.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs1213 View Post
    These guys were apart of the KS so if you got your Blitz level you will be getting 4 of these already. Unless you added more via the CKPM.
    hmm, yes and no.
    yes, we will get mountaineers with the KS, as in game-piece sized figures.
    no, this figure is not a small mini, rather it is about 2.5" tall vinyl figure, with articulation & an extra weapon/hand. it's a toy, in other words.

This mountaineer is an art toy action figure. It's planned to be a short run thing and is more an art toy collectible. It's a bit bigger than the minis and has a head you can turn and swappable hands. It won't work with the game unless you want to make him some kind of Dr. Vorne Giant mutant experiment soldier

This came about when Mighty Jaxx told me they were interested in Rivet Wars and wanted to make an action figure. I fell out of my chair. Of course I'd like a RW action figure! I thought it would be an awesome idea since RW is influenced by green army men and Gi Joe and Sgt. Rock. The sculpt is almost the same as that used for the mountaineer mini but what really excited me is the packaging. I got to do what I've always wanted to do with that. Mine will be staying mint on card. Don't forget to collect your rivet points kids!

Name:  rivetwars_mountaineer_cards.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  231.5 KB

Can you mock up a stat card for if we wanted to use him as a giant mutant? That would rock!

that post just made my day, thanks Ted!

the card art, the figure, it's all so awesome! must get two, one to open & one to keep MOC.

also, is that Cher Ami as the top secret figure?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubo View Post
    also, is that Cher Ami as the top secret figure?
    I think it may be McLoid?

Quote Originally Posted by comedianmasta View Post
    I think it may be McLoid?
    good call.

Wow, super cool! I love the added detail/emphasis of this scale!

- Daniel
    Check out more Steam Crow art here!

How can we order one (or two or ten)?
    Sky