Continued support past announced expansions?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Continued support past announced expansions?

Default Continued support past announced expansions?

I have looked over the expansion list and it looks amazing.

Anyway I was wondering if there was more planned past these listed?

I love the game already and would like to support it for a long time.

OMG, you really have no idea! First thing to note is that there are no units or heroes that have armor 5 (Super Heavies use armor 4), so we know that there will be a Titan expansion at some point. Also, there is a lot of talk about the Western Front, which will allegedly include the Ruskas and the Ottomans, 2 entirely new factions!

Rapatpamp - Just as Donnbob stated, there are lots of things that are planned. We want to continue to support Rivet Wars with new factions, scenarios, ways to play, events and more. I've already started work on a Ruska Bear Cavalry unit

Oh, right. The scenarios! There are additional scenarios available online at http://rivetwars.com/free-scenarios/.

Let's not forget the large amount of tournaments and story scenarios once the game is in full force and takes off.

Also, although Air Units are supposed to be a big part of the game, there's only one expansion centered around it. Can't wait to see some more air stuff (even though those dirty air pirates need to stay out of my steampunk stuff!!)

And... is it just me.... or could there TOTALLY be a Naval pack (with water terrain boards, new units, and landing craft!)

If people keep buying it, I'm sure they'll keep making it.

No water terrain or new units yet, but there is a PnP landing craft in one of the scenarios available at rivetwars.com.

@rapatpamp - Also, the Treasure Hunter is another example of continued support beyond the listed expansions.

I would love a scenario that involved a rivet train...

Quote Originally Posted by joshuar56 View Post
    This is, hands down, the best idea... Like you could have tracks instead of duckboards and it would bring more DPs when it was "in station"?? Awesome...

I was considering converting an old Lionel train (a common one from the 80's) into a RW supply train. My dream is to incorporate some tracks into my tile-set, for... well... just because.
    Check out more Steam Crow art here!

Cool ty all for the responses.

I do have the Treasure Hunter but wasn't sure about prolonged support (got burned before).

Good to know

+1 A Russian Armored Train (I used to have one in 12mm scale) would make a perfect subject for RIVETIZATION (I just invented a new word and claim it as mine forever - although I am willing to share!).

Quote Originally Posted by joshuar56 View Post
    Sky

Quote Originally Posted by Lance King View Post
    ... perfect subject for RIVETIZATION (I just invented a new word and claim it as mine forever).
    Riveting. I like it.

Ted could release a water based expansion, centered around the famous "Sinking of the Rivetania!"

@rapatpamp - and to everyone else I just want to reiterate that I plan to fully support Rivet Wars and the community and I never want to stop. When I started Rivet Wars no one knew about it or cared about it and I was just doing it because it was something I wanted to make. Now, seeing all of you spending your time, money and energy on this game makes me even more excited about growing this world.

Here are a few things we are working on right now:
    -Blitzkrieg Campaign - 7 scenarios strung together which use many of the special units coming out in the expansions such as dogs, planes, heroes, etc.
    -Table Top Rules - This also came up as something that people wanted during the kickstarter. We plan to keep them fun, fast and in the spirit of the board game. Mostly this'll let you field a giant force of Rivets and on your favorite custom battlefield table.
    -More scenarios - We want to continue to provide fun and interesting ways to play the game. With the communities help and some contests we think we can keep people excited about not only playing but becoming creators of content themselves. Content that they can say they made and can share with other players around the world.
    -More factions - Two is just not enough. I am making a Ruska and Ottoman faction. And they are going be REALLY cool. I have almost all of them concepted out already. And after that we'll do the Hajame Hegemony and the Barbary States. I haven't concepted them out but the Hajame are an asian faction and will have a Japanese style. And I left the ends off of the map so that we don't have to stop there. And there's always the ocean.

Maybe I shouldn't talk so much but I believe in a level of transparency with you all and it's cool to know what Super Robot Punch and CMoN are planning to do together. I hope this gets you all excited as much as it does me.

And trains would be amazing. That is such a great idea. Rivetania

Ty Ted it's always nice to have a dev response

I'll support Rivet Wars as long as you make it

I too will support it. I just got a local game store to agree to let me run Rivet Wars demos. They have a great internet presence and reach several thousand gamers multiple times every week. I just hope they don't all come at once.

But Ted I still want a BEAR zerker in my Russians. Also, if you have not already done so check out the Russian Armored Trains. They almost look Rivet like already.
    Sky

I too will support it. I just got a local game store to agree to let me run Rivet Wars demos.
    I talked with Double Midnight near me and they want to figure out how to sign up to recieve the shipments once it goes retail. So... when I'm in the legion I'll have to work middle man to figure out how that will go.

But Ted I still want a BEAR zerker in my Russians. Also, if you have not already done so check out the Russian Armored Trains. They almost look Rivet like already.
    My GF wants there to be a bear with a gas mask similar to Parman's Horse.

I don't know. A bear with a gas mask? I would think a snarly vicious face would be more of a challenge for our talented painters. Plus we could put a chair in the treasure hunters left hand and let him tame that Kodiak!

My GF wants there to be a bear with a gas mask similar to Parman's Horse.
    Sky

I don't know. A bear with a gas mask? I would think a snarly vicious face would be more of a challenge for our talented painters. Plus we could put a chair in the treasure hunters left hand and let him tame that Kodiak!
    haha. She wasn't thinking about that. She was thinking, and I quote, "It would be soooo adorable! I love it!!"