A Painting Thread for the Rest of Us

Thread: A Painting Thread for the Rest of Us

Default A Painting Thread for the Rest of Us

We have seen some great painted Rivets from the likes of Bulldoguk, NBond, Carrots, Biggls and others. At the encouragement of NBond and others I ma starting this thread for those of us who really enjoy painting Ted's masterpieces but are not up to the master painter level. So join me in showing off what you have done.

Name:  photo7.JPG
Views: 500
Size:  327.2 KBName:  photo8.JPG
Views: 492
Size:  509.5 KBName:  photo5.JPG
Views: 496
Size:  332.7 KB
    Last edited by Lance King; 03-31-2014 at 05:52 PM.
    Sky

nice work lance. make sure to post some more. I love the idea of the captain america styled Wolverine.

Thanks. I got the idea from minitures Mistress but it's hard not to see Captain America with that shield waving around.
    Sky

looks great so far lance, these guys are tiny - i know it's a tough bit to paint them, and you've done them justice! i can't wait to see the rest.

Good job, keep going! Remember too, that these are going to be seen at 2 feet or more... they'll all start to look good at that distance... and together!
    Check out more Steam Crow art here!

Thanks steamcrow. Yeah the close up pictures show every flaw! AT game distance they look even better. More to come.
    Sky

That's about what mine looked like before I put minwax on them. Speaking of which, I should get a better photo to show you the result....
    The Pirate Deck - Now on Kickstarter
    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardga...he-pirate-deck

Yeah love the patriotic wolverine. I wish we'd been able to make the plug for uncle rivet. He'd have looked great in a vert tank with the same color scheme as your wolverine. And the rust on the wheels of the MG looks so real. I'm getting close to starting to paint up some of mine. Must find some time.

I like your Captain America style Wolverine Lance. Great idea and the MG-Schlitten is very nice too.
    I'm still to afraid to start with my blight vehicles...still no clue on te scheme i'm going to use...
    Keep on the good work!

Nice work so far Lance, looking forward to seeing some more as they're done.

Well in all good humor, I want to enter the painting contest. But I cannot out paint some of you guys as you are awesome. So I am taking another approach. But I will put up spme more soon! I appreciate the encouragement.
    Sky

Isn't there an unspoken agreement that we're giving each other 10's?

(j/k - sort of)

nice binary. make the joke to gage their reaction. classic move.
    and lance, who cares, there will always be someone better. dont let it discourage you. yours are looking pretty great

Thanks NBond! You always were my favorite!
    Sky

And *any* paint makes them look 1000 times better than just playing with plain plastic. Plus you appreciate them more when they're dipped in your blood, sweat, and tears.

Oh then you have seen me use a hobby knife.

Quote Originally Posted by binarysunrise View Post
    And *any* paint makes them look 1000 times better than just playing with plain plastic. Plus you appreciate them more when they're dipped in your blood, sweat, and tears.
    Sky

yeah binary is spot on. any paint will do it. even a single colour with a wash ove the top would bring out the awesome details on the minis so well theres really no excuse no to do something to them.

Well I am working on a half dozen mono wheels for my entry right now.
    Sky

Quote Originally Posted by NBond
    who cares, there will always be someone better. dont let it discourage you. yours are looking pretty great
    Couldn't agree more with this. I'm also never going to be the best when playing the game, just having fun along the way is what counts

6 monowheels charging across the battlefield would look so much more epic than my 3