Liquid greenstuff remnants

Thread: Liquid greenstuff remnants

Default Liquid greenstuff remnants

I used some liquid GS to fill some small gaps where a figure's arms meet its shoulders. Being LGS I had to apply 2-3 layers. I used a knife to remove excess as I applied, but there is still some leftover dried GS outside the gap, and I am afraid that it will make for a coarse surface. It's in a hard to reach area due to the model's pose, so filing may be next to impossible. Anyone have any tips for removing the excess lumps or smoothing them out? Thanks.

Now a tool tip, take a thin strip of styrene sheet, say 5mm wide and 5cm long and glue an equal width of 800 grit wet and dry paper on the first 1cm, wrap it around the edge an glue it on the other side. Allow to dry an you have a fine more rigid tool for careful sanding of difficult places, and the edge get into some tight spots!
    That help any?
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Yes thank you. Sounds like a good tool for all sorts of things. Just wondering if the liquid GS responds wells to sandpaper. I took a file to a reachable area and I'm not so sure of the results.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodFather of Kharnath View Post
    Yes thank you. Sounds like a good tool for all sorts of things. Just wondering if the liquid GS responds wells to sandpaper. I took a file to a reachable area and I'm not so sure of the results.
    A decent grade wet n' dry will work fine with it. It's not actually green-stuff (knedatite), but some other gunk that's coloured green One thing that I've found does work is a bit of isoprop alcohol on a cotton bud and "rub it away". Biggest problem is that you end up taking a little bit of the filler away although you do end up with a really smooth surface. A scalpel can work too

Quote Originally Posted by RuneBrush View Post
    A decent grade wet n' dry will work fine with it. It's not actually green-stuff (knedatite), but some other gunk that's coloured green One thing that I've found does work is a bit of isoprop alcohol on a cotton bud and "rub it away". Biggest problem is that you end up taking a little bit of the filler away although you do end up with a really smooth surface. A scalpel can work too
    Exactly what I am looking for Rune, thank you. Yeah, something tells me it is PVA glue and green paint. I used my scalpel to remove large bits, have sanded down most of the rest using DRs advice, and now I'll use so isopropyl to wipe away what's left-a thin residue.