Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Secret Mission Cards

Default Custom Secret Mission Cards

Hey guys. I designed some awesome secret mission cards that I wanted to share. Thanks to decur for making them look fantastic due to my lack of image software at this time. It looks great!!

Name:  secretmission_card_ballsofsteel_1.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  14.9 KB Name:  secretmission_card_pancake_1.jpg
Views: 767
Size:  14.4 KB Name:  secretmission_card_rawhide_1.jpg
Views: 766
Size:  15.6 KB Name:  secretmission_card_valkyire_1.jpg
Views: 775
Size:  14.9 KB
    Name:  secretmission_card_secsecur.jpg
Views: 742
Size:  13.3 KB Name:  secretmission_card_buffup.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  17.3 KB Name:  secretmission_card_badday2dice_1.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  15.7 KB Name:  secretmission_card_followmylead.jpg
Views: 622
Size:  14.7 KB
    Name:  secretmission_card_chaingang.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  13.6 KB Name:  secretmission_card_feelinglucky.jpg
Views: 627
Size:  15.3 KB Name:  secretmission_card_onmymark.jpg
Views: 624
Size:  15.3 KB Name:  secretmission_card_rambo.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  12.3 KB
    Name:  secretmission_card-mentor_1.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  13.8 KB Name:  secretmission_card_stonewalljack_1.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  17.0 KB Name:  secretmission_card_ironwalljack_1.jpg
Views: 585
Size:  17.3 KB Name:  secretmission_card_oncemore.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  15.1 KB
    Name:  secretmission_cardPtruearmy_1.jpg
Views: 574
Size:  15.4 KB Name:  secretmission_card_regroup_2.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  13.8 KB Name:  secretmission_card_regroup_1.jpg
Views: 582
Size:  14.6 KB Name:  secretmission_card_pull.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  13.1 KB
    Name:  secretmission_card_wholeNewWorld.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  14.8 KB Name:  secretmission_bigGuns_1.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  14.4 KB Name:  secretmission_card_call2arms_1.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  16.8 KB Name:  secretmission_card_fowlPlay.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  14.4 KB
    Name:  secretmission_card_letsSeeResults_1.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  13.0 KB Name:  secretmission_card_protectThisFlag.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  16.0 KB Name:  secretmission_card_rollOut.jpg
Size:  14.1 KB Name:  secretmission_card_safePlace.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  13.9 KB

Now I have Action Cards TOO

Name:  action_card_croxdeguerre.jpg
Views: 620
Size:  13.6 KB Name:  action_card_lightningStrike.jpg
Views: 619
Size:  15.2 KB Name:  action_card_playdead.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  15.0 KB Name:  action_card_sniper.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  14.7 KB
    Name:  action_card_turncoat.jpg
Views: 572
Size:  13.5 KB Name:  action_card_warhorse.jpg
Views: 574
Size:  12.0 KB Name:  action_card_landshipscorpios.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  15.0 KB Name:  action_card_freehealthc.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  14.1 KB

Name:  action_card_bouncingBetty.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  14.6 KB Name:  action_card_gasMine.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  13.9 KB Name:  action_card_grenada.jpg
Size:  13.3 KB Name:  action_card_lingeringGas.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  13.7 KB
    Name:  action_card_oppsIMT.jpg
Size:  13.3 KB Name:  action_card_poorBarrels.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  15.2 KB Name:  action_card_stretcher.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  15.7 KB Name:  action_card_battleofLostAngel.jpg
Size:  14.6 KB
    Name:  action_card_duck.jpg
Size:  12.2 KB Name:  action_card_duck.jpg
Size:  12.2 KB Name:  action_card_evenTheOdds.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  13.6 KB Name:  action_card_faultyCanister.jpg
Size:  13.0 KB
    Name:  action_card_heavyMine.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  15.2 KB Name:  action_card_keepDown.jpg
Size:  13.9 KB Name:  action_card_reationCard.jpg
Size:  13.3 KB Name:  action_card_telephone.jpg
Size:  12.9 KB
    Decur has a Costume Unit maker!! Guess what I have done? That's right!

Name:  customUnit_card_m1wolverine.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  15.9 KB Name:  customUnit_card_germanjon.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  16.2 KB Name:  customUnit_card_spy.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  16.0 KB Name:  customUnit_card_turncoat.jpg
Views: 562
Size:  16.0 KB
    Name:  customUnit_card_ltnathanielflint.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  17.1 KB Name:  customUnit_card_neilmcpatrick.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  16.8 KB Name:  customUnit_card_manfredrundstedt.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  16.5 KB Name:  customUnit_card_gnrlPatston_plug.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  15.6 KB
    Name:  customUnit_card_gnrlRomler_plug.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  15.0 KB Name:  customUnit_card_demoman_1.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  17.2 KB Name:  customUnit_card_infrainspector_1.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  17.1 KB

With the Wave 2 Unit stats released it appears some of these have to be re-worked, haha.

You can find them below at tehill.net. Thanks, tehill!
    http://www.tehill.net/RivetWars/inde...ews&article=10

tehill's custom card creator: http://tehill.net/RivetWars/scenarios/cards/builder/

Maybe they'll add them to the downloads section? haha!

I also should shout-out to decur's own custom cards.

If anyone wants these to add to their own personal decks, be my guest. I can e-mail you the original files for these on request. I'll update this page as I make more. feel free to add your own custom cards to this list of decur's own thread about the card editor.

PS: Rule Card Builder Updated.

Name:  rule_buildingRules_1_1.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  17.8 KB Name:  rule_demolition_1.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  17.2 KB Name:  rule_obscure.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  13.2 KB
    Last edited by comedianmasta; 09-28-2014 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Added MORE Cards
    ~Lieutenant Nathaniel Flint of the Landship Scorpios

They look pretty good I wouldn't use Pancake as that's almost impossible as it needs to many factors to succeed.
    1- You oppo has to have 4 inf in a grid, don't think this has ever happened in our game because of grid attacks.
    2- You have to be able to make a grid attack, ok for Allies but the Blight will have big difficulty.
    3- You will have to be stupid lucky with the dice rolls, I'm hopeless at working out odds, but it's not good.

@hithero - It's no worse than some of those in the base game. There are several, like the Tank Shock one, that I don't think I'll ever get. That's why I like the some of the house rules for discarding and re-drawing.

Quote Originally Posted by donnbobhardy View Post
    @hithero - It's no worse than some of those in the base game. There are several, like the Tank Shock one, that I don't think I'll ever get. That's why I like the some of the house rules for discarding and re-drawing.
    I'm a big believer of discarding tank shock myself. And that is also why pancake is two vps, because of the difficulty. This one, however, is mainly an allied card, due to their 65 pounders being able to hit bunkers (where I usually see 4 infantry together). It is hard, but most of the 2 vp ones are hard. The others are fairly easy, so they are only 1 vp.

That was my thinking with that. I also believe it COULD happen, so it it COULD happen, and in "any" game, then that is reason to have it. I wouldn't want to shred up my killdozer card just because it's unlikley. IDK.... it's up to everyone else. I just wanted to share some of my ideas, I guess.

Everyone has their thoughts. Pancake one would be very hard to achieve, I do agree.

Would definitely be hard to do, but I have added it to my stack of downloads. Once I have enough cards (over several games), I plan on printing out a nice deck at PrinterStudio. I've done it for Boss Monster, and I currently want to print out several cards from Rivet Wars, Zombicide, Boss Monster, and possibly Robo Rally.

I know, that's why I wouldn't use this one..

Would definitely be hard to do, but I have added it to my stack of downloads. Once I have enough cards (over several games), I plan on printing out a nice deck at PrinterStudio. I've done it for Boss Monster, and I currently want to print out several cards from Rivet Wars, Zombicide, Boss Monster, and possibly Robo Rally.
    Where do you have this done?

and how well do these come out? The cards I mean? Do they looks good enough to be base-deck cards? I want to print mine as well but I am scared of getting crappy cards that players will recognize as printed cards.

Quote Originally Posted by comedianmasta View Post
    Where do you have this done?

and how well do these come out? The cards I mean? Do they looks good enough to be base-deck cards? I want to print mine as well but I am scared of getting crappy cards that players will recognize as printed cards.
    I use PrinterStudio.com. (http://www.printerstudio.com/persona...rds-gifts.html). The cards are not perfect, but they look way nicer than printer paper and a Magic card in a sleeve together. I've only done it for Boss Monster so far, and nobody can tell they are printed out by looking at the cards. However, the cards are oh-so-slightly different in size and possibly material, so they don't shuffle as well. For me, that's good enough. I don't know if the size discrepancy is from Boss Monster or from PrinterStudio.

That's the problem mixing official and self made cards, you will always be able to tell the difference. Ideally we could do with the jpgs of the originals and re-print them as well.

That's the problem mixing official and self made cards, you will always be able to tell the difference. Ideally we could do with the jpgs of the originals and re-print them as well.
    Or hopefully if there is another kickstarter for western front (please) Ted might have a poll with everybody's suggestions, that could be included as an add-on to get officially printed so the quality matches? Hell why wait for Kickstarter, I for one would be happy to part with a bunch of dollars before then if the pack was a good size. Maybe half and half with new action cards, which will help with already being able to guess the opponents action cards from what's been disposed of through deviation flips

Well thankfully Ted was kind enough to share high res PNG (which is lossless, much better than jpg) of the front and backs of both types of card. All the art work for the secret mission cards are from the comic, which is highres too. There's nothing stopping anyone from recreating the cards, it's fairly easy to do.

I can let people know which fonts were used for the cards. Obviously the end result wont be identical to the set in Eastern Front and even if they were the same files: the printer and materials will be different; but you could make them all match a larger print run

Edit: I'd be happy to do it, but not until I knew that copying the cards wouldn't infringe on any IP/Copyright stuff from Ted, Super Robot Punch, CMON. Personally, I can live with some odd cards, but having duplicates of some action cards might be good.
    Last edited by Decar; 03-19-2014 at 08:02 PM.
    Rivet Wars Scenario Editor - http://www.tehill.net/RivetWars

Have fun with cards. No infringing going on from my point of view I love that Comedianmasta took the time to make those wonderful cards and that Decar is supporting the community with easy to edit assets. You guys are making the game more fun for yourselves. And if others choose to use them you are making other player's games more interesting.

We plan to have many more cards in the future. Hearing all the feedback and ideas I hope will allow SRP and CMoN to make future releases ever more interesting.

Thanks to Decur's newest Editor, it is now easier to make cards!! I have added a few Secret Mission Cards I have made.

Name:  action_card_lightningStrike.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  13.7 KB It also does Action Cards!!

Isn't it so cool? Woo-HOO!!!

Nice card, good idea, wouldn't lightning effect higher armour levels as well?

Quote Originally Posted by hithero View Post
    Nice card, good idea, wouldn't lightning effect higher armor levels as well?
    Most likely. Maybe Titan armor is insulated or something. However, I just didn't think about it. There's no bigger armor types right now. IDK... maybe I should change it.

Quote Originally Posted by hithero View Post
    Nice card, good idea, wouldn't lightning effect higher armour levels as well?
    Ok, I updated the card and added some new ones. I ended up updating the lightning card. I decided that titan armor (5) might have considered some sort of insulation or something so it wouldn't be effected.
    Attachment 27023

I like the spacing on the older cards better. On the new cards, the upper text and the VP markers are too close to the edges.

Thanks for the feedback donnbobhardy - I've made some adjustments to the spacing when there is less text - what do you think?

new:Name:  rw_sm_mentor.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  14.0 KB orig:Name:  secretmission_card-mentor_1.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  13.8 KB
    Last edited by Decar; 04-14-2014 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Included original - side by side
    Rivet Wars Scenario Editor - http://www.tehill.net/RivetWars

Quote Originally Posted by Decar View Post
    Thanks for the feedback donnbobhardy - I've made some adjustments to the spacing when there is less text - what do you think?

new:Name:  rw_sm_mentor.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  14.0 KB orig:Name:  secretmission_card-mentor_1.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  13.8 KB
    That looks way better, imo. Now I agree with donn, the spacing made just enough of a difference.

Is it also possible to lower the text at the very top of the card? I think it moved up because the pictures are taking up more room.