Moulding and casting a 32mm green stuff figure

Thread: Moulding and casting a 32mm green stuff figure

Default Moulding and casting a 32mm green stuff figure

Hello,
    i have a miniature figure made from the green stuff which stands about 32mm and a base thats 10mm.
    i want it to be moulded and casting into bronze metal but i dont want the master copy of the figure to be damage.
    is there a company that moulds and cast do this for me?

thanks

no one is going to guarantee that your master will survive the molding process intact. I recommend that you have it done in a silicone mold and cast master resins off of that and just keep one of those, odds are the green will survive the molding process in silicone but its not guaranteed. Then you use those resins to cast the bronze. Come to think of it, you could probably cast wax in those molds and use a lost wax casting method for the bronze.

Quote Originally Posted by sm51498 View Post
    no one is going to guarantee that your master will survive the molding process intact. I recommend that you have it done in a silicone mold and cast master resins off of that and just keep one of those, odds are the green will survive the molding process in silicone but its not guaranteed. Then you use those resins to cast the bronze. Come to think of it, you could probably cast wax in those molds and use a lost wax casting method for the bronze.

I see, thanks.

do you know any bronze foundry that would do it?

I think most foundries would do the bronze casting. It will not be cheap. The mold making and mastering could be done by any number of companies that offer those services. Notably Troll Forged and Reaper, this will also not be cheap although it will be a smaller portion of the cost for certain. I recomend getting on the phone with any company that you want to contract this out to and really discuss your options before making any decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by sm51498 View Post
    I think most foundries would do the bronze casting. It will not be cheap. The mold making and mastering could be done by any number of companies that offer those services. Notably Troll Forged and Reaper, this will also not be cheap although it will be a smaller portion of the cost for certain. I recomend getting on the phone with any company that you want to contract this out to and really discuss your options before making any decisions.
    ok,
    thanks for the help.

When moulding the figure, can it withstand the heat and pressure?

Bronze Age Miniatures used to actually be bronze miniatures - perhaps David can help you out with this.

www.bronzeagemin.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bronz...85493534847650
    Last edited by Primeval; 05-08-2014 at 05:42 AM.

Any news there modus? where you able to find someone to make that for you?