Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CMON Contest 27 - Rivet Wars Painting Competition!

CMON_Katherine

Default CMON Contest 27 - Rivet Wars Painting Competition!

CoolMiniOrNot is proud to present the world's first Rivet Wars Painting Competition! Rivet Wars earned a great following during it's very successful kickstarter campaign! This was in no small part due to the game's beautifully designed and unique miniatures. Now we're asking Riveteers from around the globe to slap some primer on their troops and put some color on their army!

This painting competition starts immediately. The submission period for entering models will last until 30 April 2014. Models submitted must meet the following guidelines:

- You can submit anything from one single miniature, a tank, vehicle, a diorama with multiple figures or a full blown army from the Rivet Wars range.
    - A person may submit as many entries as they wish.

Pictures of the finished model/miniature must be submitted No Later Than 30 April 2014 Eastern Standard Time.

All entries must be uploaded to CMON, no external links. Please follow the following directions:

1. Set up an account on coolminiornot.com
    2. then go to http://www.coolminiornot.com/userpics
    3. category - Steampunk
    4. Manufacturer - Rivet Wars
    5. Name of Mini - XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    6. Competition - CMON Contest 27 - Rivet Wars Painting Competition!
    7. Comments - You can talk a little but about your piece.

Anyone who receives a 7.0 or higher at the end of voting period will receive a limited edition Rivet Wars Treasure Hunter to add to their arsenal! In addition, Ted himself will be picking his favorite army from all the submitted entries and invite the person to come down and spend the CMON Expo weekend as his special guest!

Last edited by borg; 03-26-2014 at 02:10 PM.

how exciting! Hopefully wave 2 will show up in time to be painted!
    The Pirate Deck - Now on Kickstarter
    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardga...he-pirate-deck

For those of you that have been posting your pics to this forum, you should start posting your pics to the coolminiornot main site AS WELL.

Enter your stuff into the competition, why not? but if you just want to have a gallery and not enter the competition, just follow the same directions as the competition and ignore part 6. So anyone can just select the Rivet Wars category and find all the painted miniatures instead of going through page after page in the forums to enjoy all your fine work.

1. Set up an account on coolminiornot.com
    2. then go to http://www.coolminiornot.com/userpics
    3. category - Steampunk
    4. Manufacturer - Rivet Wars
    5. Name of Mini - XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    6. Competition - CMON Contest 27 - Rivet Wars Painting Competition!
    7. Comments - You can talk a little bit about your piece.

Woo hoo!
    "You are ranked 9153 out of 9153 artists."
    Nothing like a nice ego boost!

Very cool, I've been lazy and haven't taken pics of everything I've finished but I reckon this will motivate me.

I've uploaded a couple and then deleted as I found that if you don't vote for yourself when submitting you get an auto score of 6, which I find a bit weird.

This is a question probably not for this forum... but how do I just search through pictures. It appears I can only view competitions or Auctions and search those.

Maybe nobody has posted just pictures of rivet wars stuff yet but I find it difficult just to scroll through images.

PS: They do have a tough painting standard. Some of these votes are harsh.
    ~Lieutenant Nathaniel Flint of the Landship Scorpios

This is the thing, CMON is inhabited by Golden Demon winners, professionals and display painters and the top 40% of marks are really only for the top tier painting to standards I could only dream of. I would expect the best of the tabletop painters to get no more than a 7 unless they are display painters too.

LOL, might have to edit my statement, what I thought was one of my best efforts to a pretty damn good tabletop standard is only scoring a 4
    Last edited by hithero; 03-27-2014 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Saw how I was scoring

Considering the really high standard of the site I'm pretty happy with my fav model (Parman) currently sitting on a 6.7. But I've found my ratings to be more generous when compared to the rest of the community.

seems i'm too stupid to upload my pictures... followed the steps as described but ended up with no picture in the contest gallery.
    Any hints?

Did you upload a picture from your desktop?

Quote Originally Posted by Biggls View Post
    seems i'm too stupid to upload my pictures... followed the steps as described but ended up with no picture in the contest gallery.
    Any hints?
    your submissions have to be reviewed first and then they are allowed in. Give it some time.
    ~Lieutenant Nathaniel Flint of the Landship Scorpios

Strange, my monowheel is no longer visible, still in my list though :?

Quote Originally Posted by comedianmasta View Post
    your submissions have to be reviewed first and then they are allowed in. Give it some time.
    Thank you, i didn't know that!

Some great stuff up there already. Keep spreading the word about this. Don't want anyone to miss out on entering.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Terranova View Post
    Some great stuff up there already. Keep spreading the word about this. Don't want anyone to miss out on entering.
    Can you do anything on your end to help us get the Wave 2 stuff in time for the contest??

What is the "end of voting period" date? If I don't get my stuff uploaded until the end of April, how long will they have to acquire votes for the competition?

Default How Long till the pictures are there?

Quote Originally Posted by comedianmasta View Post
    How long between posting the pictures and then seeing them in your gallery and contest area? I posted mine a day ago and still nothing.