My favourite colour

Thread: My favourite colour

Thumbs up My favourite colour

Vallejo Model Colour Bright Orange, I use it on everything!!!

examples -

Name:  img52838e08d05b0.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  162.9 KBName:  img52838d77bc9ad.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  181.4 KBName:  img52838ce3bc30e.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  161.4 KBName:  img532da483219b8.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  163.9 KBName:  img526a416b0fe97.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  176.9 KBName:  img526a1ee799806.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  100.7 KBName:  img52f4992f681f3.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  103.4 KBName:  img52ca6f3d9ad23.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  120.4 KB
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

...orange... ORANGE!?! i dont think ive used any orange in my painting for 5 years. eeeuuuh!!!!

i do however use midnight blue (old GW) and vallejo Smoke everywhere on everything

I tend to use some nuance of teal/turquiose/blue-green on nearly everything I do. This is weird, because I rarely use the same mix of paints. Sometimes I have decided before painting something that now I will NOT use any of those colours and have mixed myself what I thought was a nice green colour. But, after shading and highlighting it has become tealish anyway. I might as well just use VMC Turquoise straight out of the pot and save me the trouble of trying new mixes out.
    Combibo vestri peniculus quod fio a melior pictor.
    My gallery - go have a look!

More pu rpleeeeerr - seriously though I try and find it into everything. Shades, features faces...

Ivory and White for me - these are used in almost every single highlight I hit.

Purple or brown gets dumped in every shadow.

some that I can't live without:
    VMC - Ivory, VGC - WolfGrey - basically all my highlights have some of these colors
    VAC - DarkSeaBlue (similar to P3 CoalBlack) - lately I use it in my shades (I blame JBT and BenKomets for this )
    VMC - Sepia - another shade color I use often

aand that's about it. Of course I have my color phases too. Mostly when I'm doing larger armies / groups (UM - blue, Necron - red, Cryx - green, CSM-orange)

When you find yourself as devoted as I am to the Blood God,you tend to use a lot of Khorne Red.

Cool shading-Purple/Blue
    Warm Shading- Red/Brown

I have tended to HL everything with Pallid Wyche Flesh lately. My off-white of choice.

But it why is it that I am ALWAYS using brown in my palette? Scorched or dark flesh or snakebite. I probably use these more than anything.

Hmmmm... it's a boring answer but probably white. I seem to paint plenty of figures that use a lot of it. I'd say my second favorite is skin tone, I also do a lot of that. I can't give you a favorite paint though. In both cases my mixes for these colors continually changes.

Snot green. Bestest color ever.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Damn. nothing rhymes with orange :P My old fave was one if the GW foundation paints cant remember the name now. Calth brown maybe? My new favorite is Vallejo Model Color Black Grey. It's the perfect grey (or black) depending on what you are using it for.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Turquoise and snakebite leather are the two I use the most. Bailey03 got to say that's some kick ass painting there!
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Probably two top of the list favourites, Vallejo Model Colour Ivory and Vallejo Model Colour Brown Sand being the basecoats for skin tone and eyes.
    After those two, I use so many variations but English Uniform is a cracking colour as is Neutral Grey and Middlestone

But a really luscious colour is VMC Violet Red, great for the pointy eared ones clothing.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Blog Entries

Reaper: Breonne Blue - great blue shader, Nightshade Purple - just one off from black, Burgundy Wine - excellent red shader and great dried blood color and Marine Teal - not sure why I like it, but I paint everything this color...

Vallejo: Smoke I know Tamiya is the bees knees but I don't always like to break out the Tamiya thinner

Tamiya: Polished Aluminum - great metallic highlight. Flows and dilutes super nicely

Art colors: Burnt Umber Ink

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    Bailey03 got to say that's some kick ass painting there!
    I was going to say that but Baileys doctors told me to keep the compliments down to a minimum because how big Baileys head is swelling

He he
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Quote Originally Posted by ten ball View Post
    I was going to say that but Baileys doctors told me to keep the compliments down to a minimum because how big Baileys head is swelling

He he
    He said as long as it can still fit through the door it's okay.

But you've got your own kick ass mini montage. They make me want to go pick up some VMC bright orange, plus whatever you use for your metals. I'd love to get those kind of results!

the "old" GW color astronomical grey or any other pale bluish grey. tends to give a more ambient and saturated flow than mixing with white. also great for bringing out realistic tones=)

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey03 View Post
    plus whatever you use for your metals. I'd love to get those kind of results!
    I think it's angel's tears or some such. Might be pixie sweat - not sure. It's magical though, that much is certain.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Blog Entries

Dark Purple.
    Dr. Walter Bishop: I have used this technique to extract information from a corpse once. You can do that if they haven't been dead for longer than six hours.
    Peter Bishop: [in the background] Right, 'cause after six hours, that's when they're really dead.

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar. S. Clemons

Because I don't have enough madness in my life : http://topographyworkshop.blogspot.com